Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Split5 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:07 pm

"Hours: We are open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm." (http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/ContactUs.htm)

The real mind-f*ck is whether or not they programmed the damn status checker to keep motoring overnight.

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby galahad85 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Decision rendered (I'm another one of those "Under Review 10/28 and 11/5" people). I'm borderline, so I never expected to hear back so fast...

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:16 pm

galahad85 wrote:Decision rendered (I'm another one of those "Under Review 10/28 and 11/5" people). I'm borderline, so I never expected to hear back so fast...


Damn, I went under review on the same day (10/28) but it never updated at any point last week.

User avatar
kinch
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kinch » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Just noticed that I'm also at decision rendered. I'd like to think that I've been accepted (3.76, 173).

As for the alphabet theory - my last name starts with C.

User avatar
williestark
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby williestark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:19 pm

kinch wrote:Just noticed that I'm also at decision rendered. I'd like to think that I've been accepted (3.76, 173).

As for the alphabet theory - my last name starts with C.


Don't give up hope - The alphabet theory is gaining strength (I am in the first few letters)

Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Split5 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:19 pm

kinch wrote:Just noticed that I'm also at decision rendered. I'd like to think that I've been accepted (3.76, 173).

As for the alphabet theory - my last name starts with C.


The "AT" (for you Georgetown 2013/ (2014) veterans) is looking strong.

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Again, are you guys all Regular Decision?

Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Split5 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:24 pm

wootwootdc wrote:Again, are you guys all Regular Decision?


I am, and it sounds like most of these people are as well.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tintin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:25 pm

that might explain why, though I applied early and #-wise am a strong candidate, i haven't heard, since I am a S...

genius theory i say...

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby galahad85 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:27 pm

wootwootdc wrote:Again, are you guys all Regular Decision?


I am.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:28 pm

dakatz wrote:
galahad85 wrote:Decision rendered (I'm another one of those "Under Review 10/28 and 11/5" people). I'm borderline, so I never expected to hear back so fast...


Damn, I went under review on the same day (10/28) but it never updated at any point last week.


:shock: Neither did I. I'm URM above 75%LSAT below 25%GPA, really hoping that I get an acceptance here.

User avatar
williestark
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby williestark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:29 pm

tintin wrote:that might explain why, though I applied early and #-wise am a strong candidate, i haven't heard, since I am a S...

genius theory i say...


I think the AT only applies to those who had the 11/5 date switch. IIRC you are still waiting for this Thursday, right?

discobabe
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby discobabe » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:29 pm

Split5 wrote:
kinch wrote:Just noticed that I'm also at decision rendered. I'd like to think that I've been accepted (3.76, 173).

As for the alphabet theory - my last name starts with C.


The "AT" (for you Georgetown 2013/ (2014) veterans) is looking strong.


And let's not forget that the DRs were updated later in the day for this week than for the last (assuming the reported times to be representative). +1 for alphabet theory--has my vote!

Edit: Either AT or an Adcomm is having a SERIOUS laughing fit right now. evilllll

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ankit » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:06 pm

"Decision Rendered" for me as well!! Submitted 10/26, Under Review 10/29 (changed to 11/5 later).

I'm an international applicant so my numbers may not be representative of anyone else's cycle. Here's hoping the snail mail doesn't take ages to reach me.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nixxers » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:06 pm

decision rendered :shock:

edit: for the record- RD, 3.78, 175. Received 10/21, complete 10/21, under review 10/28-->updated to 11/05, decision rendered 11/09.
Last edited by nixxers on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caved
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby caved » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm

ankit wrote:"Decision Rendered" for me as well!! Submitted 10/26, Under Review 10/29 (changed to 11/5 later).

I'm an international applicant so my numbers may not be representative of anyone else's cycle. Here's hoping the snail mail doesn't take ages to reach me.


Damn I submitted 10/27 and am still just "complete"...anyone else in the same boat or have most people's statuses changed?

ughOSU
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ughOSU » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:14 pm

submitted 10/25, under review 10/28, no change... 75% LSAT and >25% GPA

User avatar
gossipgirl
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:25 pm

caved wrote:
ankit wrote:"Decision Rendered" for me as well!! Submitted 10/26, Under Review 10/29 (changed to 11/5 later).

I'm an international applicant so my numbers may not be representative of anyone else's cycle. Here's hoping the snail mail doesn't take ages to reach me.


Damn I submitted 10/27 and am still just "complete"...anyone else in the same boat or have most people's statuses changed?


I submitted 10/24, complete 10/28, and still no "under review." I'm 3.6, 175, so I'm not sure why our statuses haven't changed.

Maybe we're in the next batch?

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pikalove » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm lovin' Alphabet Theory.

It gives me a reason why I didn't get DR today that isn't just that I suck. Maybe they just ran out of time DR reporting around letter C and they'll start with me bright and early tomorrow morning.....

At least thats how its supposed to go in my fantasy world :?

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby NayBoer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Are we seriously considering alphabetical? Because I'm at the end. I might as well be Zyxylstein.

I can't tell if GULC is better for telling you on your status checker that a decision is rendered or UVA for just e-mailing you to call them and ask. But I know GULC is evil for making you wait for snail mail. Why not send it pony express?

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wackjickham » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Alphabet theory killer here... I was in the last dozen at my high school graduation out of ~400 and was in the first batch of acceptances.

User avatar
williestark
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby williestark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 pm

wackjickham wrote:Alphabet theory killer here... I was in the last dozen at my high school graduation out of ~400 and was in the first batch of acceptances.



Alphabet Theory is internal to each decision batch - Weren't you in last week's?

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wackjickham » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 pm

williestark wrote:
wackjickham wrote:Alphabet theory killer here... I was in the last dozen at my high school graduation out of ~400 and was in the first batch of acceptances.



Alphabet Theory is internal to each decision batch - Weren't you in last week's?


Two weeks ago. But I thought all the DRs were posted on Monday both last week and the week before?

Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Split5 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:49 pm

williestark wrote:
wackjickham wrote:Alphabet theory killer here... I was in the last dozen at my high school graduation out of ~400 and was in the first batch of acceptances.



Alphabet Theory is internal to each decision batch


This.

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pikalove » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:50 pm

wackjickham wrote:
williestark wrote:
wackjickham wrote:Alphabet theory killer here... I was in the last dozen at my high school graduation out of ~400 and was in the first batch of acceptances.



Alphabet Theory is internal to each decision batch - Weren't you in last week's?


Two weeks ago. But I thought all the DRs were posted on Monday both last week and the week before?


You may be right, but thats beside the point.

You are destroying my hope!! :cry: ...... seriously though, you're probably right.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, Chipotle85, Christinabruin, Houzy, JazzyMac, Leahmealone, proteinshake, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 6 guests