Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kiersten1985 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 pm

1armedscissor wrote:What does the preferred look live versus the regular WL notification?


Dear Kiersten1985:

The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name on our Preferred Waiting List.

Applicants on the Preferred Waiting List are among those we would like to include in our first year class. These applicants have the strongest credentials of all waiting list candidates and, as a result, receive priority consideration if spaces become available. Offers of admission to waiting list candidates may be made up until registration day in August.

Although the number varies from year to year, typically fifty spaces open for waiting list candidates, some as late as registration day. Should a decision to admit you be made earlier, however, we will contact you right away. Please be advised that applicants on the Preferred Waiting List are not ranked.

We realize that your circumstances may change in the coming months. An e-mail will be sent to you in May asking you to reconfirm your interest and update your contact information. Meanwhile, please update us on any approaching deadlines you may be facing. If you do not wish to have your application remain under consideration, please e-mail us at admis@law.georgetown.edu. On behalf of the Committee, we appreciate your patience and continued interest in Georgetown.

Sincerely,

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Associate Vice President for Graduate Admissions


Question - do I then address my LOCI to Cornblatt or should I do a "To Whom It May Concern"?

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Shaggier1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Regular WL. Will withdraw.

And, Shaggier, what are you fretting about? You got into Boalt! Congrats!


Thanks JP! I am very excited about Berkeley, trust me. But I was really hoping for GULC because I thought I would be a good candidate for their public interest scholarship. I am worried about paying sticker at Berkeley and was hoping to have the option of reduced tuition at another T14.

Berkeley has great LRAP, though, and I know I will always work in a public interest field, so it should all workout...

User avatar
GordonCole
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby GordonCole » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

"Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Lurkster wrote:1/7 was when I was put on hold, UR just changed to 1/19.


+1

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

GordonCole wrote:"Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.

stfu that's insane!
lol enjoy harvard :P

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Shaggier1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.


What he hell is going on in the world. The only thing I can think of here is that they are waiting for a LOCI before offering you a full ride...

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby democrattotheend » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

GordonCole wrote:"Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.


That sounds like yield-protecting, or at least I hope it is, because I thought I'd get in easily with a 3.82/173. They probably want to see how interested you are, because they can see that your numbers are probably good enough for HYS. I bet if you sent a LOCI you'd get in pretty quickly.

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dk8 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:50 pm

GordonCole wrote:"Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.


Would you actually go to GULC absent a full ride?

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby AngryAvocado » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:55 pm

GordonCole wrote:"Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.


Perhaps you came off as an elitist douchebag who says things like "bush league" when he gets waitlisted from an obvious safety?

Shocking, I know.

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Lurkster » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:56 pm

In this case it seems that the Avocado is more foe than friend.

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Shaggier1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 pm

GordonCole wrote:
"Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.



AngryAvocado wrote:
Perhaps you came off as an elitist douchebag who says things like "bush league" when he gets waitlisted from an obvious safety?

Shocking, I know.


Wow.
Last edited by Shaggier1 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GordonCole
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby GordonCole » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:01 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
GordonCole wrote:"Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.


Perhaps you came off as an elitist douchebag who says things like "bush league" when he gets waitlisted from an obvious safety?

Shocking, I know.


Ha ha. Geez. I actually originally applied before I retook the LSAT and I really like the school.

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby AngryAvocado » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm

GordonCole wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:
GordonCole wrote:"Preferred waiting list" with a 3.8 and 178...

Come on Georgetown! Getting into Duke yesterday eases the pain but seriously? This is just bush league.


Perhaps you came off as an elitist douchebag who says things like "bush league" when he gets waitlisted from an obvious safety?

Shocking, I know.


Ha ha. Geez. I actually originally applied before I retook the LSAT and I really like the school.


Fair enough. If you're genuinely interested with your numbers, then that's one thing. The combination of HYS numbers, mentioning the Duke acceptance, and "bush league" made me think you were just in it for the ego boost. If not, I apologize.

likeaspark
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:26 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby likeaspark » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:15 pm

On a different note, anymore news from the DR 1/15 batch? Still nothing for me.

User avatar
joshhoward
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:07 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby joshhoward » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 pm

likeaspark wrote:On a different note, anymore news from the DR 1/15 batch? Still nothing for me.

not for me...mail comes empty. a couple people in CA got DR 1/15 acceptances yesterday tough.

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Snoopy1216 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Okay guys, let's pull this info together.

So far, I am under the impression that
DR 1/15= acceptances
DR 1/14= waitlists (preferred and regular)
UR 1/7 = TBA (possibly upcoming rejections??)

What do you guys think? Anyone get decisions that don't correlate with these dates?

txnatheart
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby txnatheart » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi all,
I've been under review since 12/10 with no changes at all. Is this a bad sign?
Congrats to all the acceptances and good luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmhendri » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Okay guys, let's pull this info together.

So far, I am under the impression that
DR 1/15= acceptances
DR 1/14= waitlists (preferred and regular)
UR 1/7 = TBA (possibly upcoming rejections??)

What do you guys think? Anyone get decisions that don't correlate with these dates?


I've been under review as a near auto deny for weeks. They've updated me three times, the last one 1/11, possibly because I asked to be considered for both FT and PT. They're either rejections or just plain tough decisions.

User avatar
CrimsonCal
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CrimsonCal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:15 pm

do you think I should mail my LOCI?
I sent it via email as an attachment...hmm, I guess I can wait to see if they respond back

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmhendri » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:17 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:do you think I should mail my LOCI?
I sent it via email as an attachment...hmm, I guess I can wait to see if they respond back


Most of the schools I've dealt with seem to prefer email. Maybe do both. Maybe they'd appreciate a hand written note seeing as how we all seem to gush over those tiny details from an adcomm.

User avatar
CrimsonCal
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CrimsonCal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:17 pm

jmhendri wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:do you think I should mail my LOCI?
I sent it via email as an attachment...hmm, I guess I can wait to see if they respond back


Most of the schools I've dealt with seem to prefer email. Maybe do both. Maybe they'd appreciate a hand written note seeing as how we all seem to gush over those tiny details from an adcomm.


thanks!

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Snoopy1216 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:33 pm

jmhendri wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:Okay guys, let's pull this info together.

So far, I am under the impression that
DR 1/15= acceptances
DR 1/14= waitlists (preferred and regular)
UR 1/7 = TBA (possibly upcoming rejections??)

What do you guys think? Anyone get decisions that don't correlate with these dates?


I've been under review as a near auto deny for weeks. They've updated me three times, the last one 1/11, possibly because I asked to be considered for both FT and PT. They're either rejections or just plain tough decisions.


And before that were you 1/7?

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmhendri » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:Okay guys, let's pull this info together.

So far, I am under the impression that
DR 1/15= acceptances
DR 1/14= waitlists (preferred and regular)
UR 1/7 = TBA (possibly upcoming rejections??)

What do you guys think? Anyone get decisions that don't correlate with these dates?


I've been under review as a near auto deny for weeks. They've updated me three times, the last one 1/11, possibly because I asked to be considered for both FT and PT. They're either rejections or just plain tough decisions.


And before that were you 1/7?


yeah

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kiersten1985 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:16 pm

jmhendri wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:do you think I should mail my LOCI?
I sent it via email as an attachment...hmm, I guess I can wait to see if they respond back


Most of the schools I've dealt with seem to prefer email. Maybe do both. Maybe they'd appreciate a hand written note seeing as how we all seem to gush over those tiny details from an adcomm.


I'm going to finish up my LOCI tonight and call them tomorrow morning to see if they have a preference. I'll try to remember to post their answer.

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dk8 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:Okay guys, let's pull this info together.

So far, I am under the impression that
DR 1/15= acceptances
DR 1/14= waitlists (preferred and regular)
UR 1/7 = TBA (possibly upcoming rejections??)

What do you guys think? Anyone get decisions that don't correlate with these dates?


I've been under review as a near auto deny for weeks. They've updated me three times, the last one 1/11, possibly because I asked to be considered for both FT and PT. They're either rejections or just plain tough decisions.


And before that were you 1/7?


I'm UR 1/7, it's the first UR date I've had as I went complete on 12/15. I haven't read thru this thread recently, but as far as I remember the UR dates aren't correlated with specific WL/Reject/Accept batches like the DR dates are (someone correct me if I'm wrong). My numbers give me a solid chance, so I don't think the UR 1/7 batch is auto reject.

EDIT: Just went back through the thread. The numbers of people that went UR 1/7 seem to cover a wide range, from potential YP numbers to ppl who say they have auto reject numbers.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”