Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby GeePee » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
galahad85 wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:Am I the only one who is unimpressed with the January ASW events? :|

I don't think the events scheduled are worth the money it would cost me to attend.


Eh, it doesn't look too exciting, but it's a chance to see the school and the city. I've never been there, so it's worth it for me.



Well as your snarky post wasn't helpful, ha..

When/what are the events?

Some people REALLY aren't good at scrolling down the page...

On the other hand, is the admissions office even open today? Any movement?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby oneforship » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:26 pm

GeePee wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:
galahad85 wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:Am I the only one who is unimpressed with the January ASW events? :|

I don't think the events scheduled are worth the money it would cost me to attend.


Eh, it doesn't look too exciting, but it's a chance to see the school and the city. I've never been there, so it's worth it for me.



Well as your snarky post wasn't helpful, ha..

When/what are the events?

Some people REALLY aren't good at scrolling down the page...

On the other hand, is the admissions office even open today? Any movement?


I wouldn't be surprised if they were closed today. Federal Gov't offices are all closed.

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mcflooter06 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:30 pm

GeePee wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:
galahad85 wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:Am I the only one who is unimpressed with the January ASW events? :|

I don't think the events scheduled are worth the money it would cost me to attend.


Eh, it doesn't look too exciting, but it's a chance to see the school and the city. I've never been there, so it's worth it for me.



Well as your snarky post wasn't helpful, ha..

When/what are the events?

Some people REALLY aren't good at scrolling down the page...

On the other hand, is the admissions office even open today? Any movement?


nvmd.
Last edited by mcflooter06 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby galahad85 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:31 pm

.
Last edited by galahad85 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby galahad85 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:32 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
GeePee wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:

Well as your snarky post wasn't helpful, ha..

When/what are the events?

Some people REALLY aren't good at scrolling down the page...

On the other hand, is the admissions office even open today? Any movement?


Excuse me? I don't believe my question was answered. Fine if its not, but nowhere on this page do I see any specifics on the ASW, which was what I was asking.


I posted a screenshot of the entire schedule...

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lsathalon » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:32 pm

galahad85 wrote:Image



It was a little higher on the page. I think it will be a good chance to see the school!

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mcflooter06 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:36 pm

galahad85 wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:
GeePee wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:

Well as your snarky post wasn't helpful, ha..

When/what are the events?

Some people REALLY aren't good at scrolling down the page...

On the other hand, is the admissions office even open today? Any movement?


Excuse me? I don't believe my question was answered. Fine if its not, but nowhere on this page do I see any specifics on the ASW, which was what I was asking.


I posted a screenshot of the entire schedule...


Oh no! I'm at work so this computer sometimes won't show images, so I have a feeling that is WHY it didn't show up, it came up as a blank post. I'm really sorry! Didn't mean to make people mad, because I wasn't...

Thanks for your help, I'll just log in to the other computer when I get home to look at it!

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby oneforship » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Nice little Christmas card in the mail from Gtown today.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby js87 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Any admitted students hear any more details on when we'll be (if we are) invited to apply for merit based scholarships?

gators88
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby gators88 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:26 pm

I will probably go to the ASW in January if only to meet future classmates and try to get some housing ideas. I would ideally like to live with other 1Ls. Is anyone considering the GULC dorm?

Also, for college basketball fans, Georgetown plays Duke on Saturday the 30th, any chance the school would hook us up with tickets if we are coming up for the event.

MHutson41
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MHutson41 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:23 am

gators88 wrote:I will probably go to the ASW in January if only to meet future classmates and try to get some housing ideas. I would ideally like to live with other 1Ls. Is anyone considering the GULC dorm?

Also, for college basketball fans, Georgetown plays Duke on Saturday the 30th, any chance the school would hook us up with tickets if we are coming up for the event.


Unless your 6'10 with a 44" vert and NCAA eligibility... No.

jhciv
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jhciv » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Got an email saying my early decision has been deferred to the regular admission cycle. :(

Anyone else get deferred? Is that better or worst than being waitlisted?

User avatar
chinagator
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby chinagator » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:02 pm

so does anyone have any idea about the odds of getting in off the waitlist are? particularly in the "double" preferred WL?

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby AngryAvocado » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Had my interview and now I'm back under review. Interview wasn't as casual as I wouldve hoped, but I think it went well enough. We shall see, I suppose.

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Lurkster » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:18 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:Had my interview and now I'm back under review. Interview wasn't as casual as I wouldve hoped, but I think it went well enough. We shall see, I suppose.


If your numbers are as I remember them, I'd imagine that you would have had to bomb the interview in order to have a problem with Georgetown.

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Torvon » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:28 pm

In

RhubarbPie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby RhubarbPie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Just checked my status checker. DR 12/21. I had an interview.

User avatar
EijiMiyake
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby EijiMiyake » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 pm

hykang wrote:Just checked my status checker. DR 12/21. I had an interview.



Me too. No interview.

regatsrj
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby regatsrj » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:12 pm

EijiMiyake wrote:
hykang wrote:Just checked my status checker. DR 12/21. I had an interview.



Me too. No interview.


Me three! I live a mile from campus so I am hoping they sent the decisions on 12/21. It might be in my mailbox tonight!

Also, no interview.

User avatar
Katerina
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Katerina » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Finally back UR (12/22) - interview on 12/02.

Cue heart pounding out of my chest

User avatar
nattybro
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nattybro » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Haven't been following this thread but my status check says "Decision Rendered" for 12/21 and "Application Complete" for 12/22. I was not interviewed. Does this mean a decision has been mailed to me? How long should I expect to wait? I'm an hour outside DC.

edit: applied RD
Last edited by nattybro on Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby GeePee » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:48 pm

nattybro wrote:Haven't been following this thread but my status check says "Decision Rendered" for 12/21 and "Application Complete" for 12/22. I was not interviewed. Does this mean a decision has been mailed to me? How long should I expect to wait? I'm an hour outside DC.

Yes, I have the same thing. I think our acceptance letters are in the mail ;)

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Unitas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:50 pm

nattybro wrote:Haven't been following this thread but my status check says "Decision Rendered" for 12/21 and "Application Complete" for 12/22. I was not interviewed. Does this mean a decision has been mailed to me? How long should I expect to wait? I'm an hour outside DC.

edit: applied RD


Usually 6 days or so.. DR does not equal mailed. Usually mailed two days after DR, so mailed on the 24th. BAD time to mail so probably get it on the 29 or so?

User avatar
nattybro
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nattybro » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Thanks. Guess it's going to be a while.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Unitas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 pm

nattybro wrote:Thanks. Guess it's going to be a while.


Looking back a 12/14 DR in DC got his acceptance on 12/17 so that may give you hope for quicker results.

Waitlists get an e-mail but I don't know about rejections, haven't followed the thread much.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”