Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pikalove » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Just wanted to guys let you know that I withdrew my acceptance from Georgetown today, so there will be another spot opening up for all you waiting :D

cylusr
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby cylusr » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:39 pm

lsathalon wrote:
ontologyfail wrote:Have any of the other 12/7 DRs heard back yet? No snail mail for me today, and it's past COB here.



Yep, I got snail mail yesterday.


You were DR 12/7 at G-town and you got snail mail yesterday? I'm guessing you wer in?

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:45 pm

pikalove wrote:Just wanted to guys let you know that I withdrew my acceptance from Georgetown today, so there will be another spot opening up for all you waiting :D


Congrats on NYU, Pika! I just looked up your profile on LSN to see why you were withdrawing, and your profile was the last updated on the homepage, so that made it easy :) AWESOME acceptance!!! Good luck at NYU!! :)

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:no idea, but it can't be bad right? at worst it means nothing and they just updated ones that were still being looked at.


Most people get an updated UR date before they go DR. At least, that's been the trend. Although, some people have their UR date updated several times before DR. Anywhichway, pay attention for some movement soon (particularly on Mondays!)

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby annabell » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Sorry to change the topic, but....anyone knows how georgetown scholarship aid works? I know they don't give out a lot and that I probably won't get anything...but I'm curious. Do they invite everyone to apply or only certain applicants? When does this happen?

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pikalove » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:51 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
pikalove wrote:Just wanted to guys let you know that I withdrew my acceptance from Georgetown today, so there will be another spot opening up for all you waiting :D


Congrats on NYU, Pika! I just looked up your profile on LSN to see why you were withdrawing, and your profile was the last updated on the homepage, so that made it easy :) AWESOME acceptance!!! Good luck at NYU!! :)


Thank you!! Yeah, pretty shocking, but I guess they actually took into account the radical grade deflation at my school.... thank God. Good luck with the rest of your cycle!!

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:52 pm

annabell wrote:Sorry to change the topic, but....anyone knows how georgetown scholarship aid works? I know they don't give out a lot and that I probably won't get anything...but I'm curious. Do they invite everyone to apply or only certain applicants? When does this happen?


+1

T14forME
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby T14forME » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Since I haven't heard of any acceptances from those that went DR on 12/9...should I assume that they were dings?

User avatar
crombot
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby crombot » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:54 pm

pikalove wrote:
Thank you!! Yeah, pretty shocking, but I guess they actually took into account the radical grade deflation at my school.... thank God. Good luck with the rest of your cycle!!


That's definitely good to hear! I wish that there was an RPI for GPAs or something during this process!

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lsathalon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:03 pm

cylusr wrote:
lsathalon wrote:
ontologyfail wrote:Have any of the other 12/7 DRs heard back yet? No snail mail for me today, and it's past COB here.



Yep, I got snail mail yesterday.


You were DR 12/7 at G-town and you got snail mail yesterday? I'm guessing you wer in?


Yep!

ChaotiCait
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ChaotiCait » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:18 pm

OK can someone explain to me what this email I got is about? "the Committee on Admissions has chosen to postpone your final decision. " Is this like an early deferral? That is what I was getting, but I'm really confused, especially because I thought my numbers were pretty good there.

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Neelio » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:23 pm

under review today- complete 11/23. Thank God.

imisscollege
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby imisscollege » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:35 pm

ChaotiCait wrote:OK can someone explain to me what this email I got is about? "the Committee on Admissions has chosen to postpone your final decision. " Is this like an early deferral? That is what I was getting, but I'm really confused, especially because I thought my numbers were pretty good there.


My guess is you were very borderline...or if you're UG they want more grades. care to share more of the story such as for how long you've been complete, your numbers, life situation, etc?

User avatar
rowlf
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby rowlf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Lurkster wrote:Finally under review today. Complete 11/18.


+1

ChaotiCait
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ChaotiCait » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:45 pm

3.91, 168, in undergrad at a public university. Complete 11/6/09, been UR for a while but then they updated it today to say UR 12/10. Non URM.

imisscollege
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby imisscollege » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:46 pm

ChaotiCait wrote:3.91, 168, in undergrad at a public university. Complete 11/6/09, been UR for a while but then they updated it today to say UR 12/10. Non URM.


I'd imagine that they need to see your new grades although this seems odd because based on number's I'd guess you would be accepted. Hope you did well this semester.

T14forME
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby T14forME » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm

T14forME wrote:Since I haven't heard of any acceptances from those that went DR on 12/9...should I assume that they were dings?


anyone?

ChaotiCait
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ChaotiCait » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:09 pm

imisscollege wrote:
ChaotiCait wrote:3.91, 168, in undergrad at a public university. Complete 11/6/09, been UR for a while but then they updated it today to say UR 12/10. Non URM.


I'd imagine that they need to see your new grades although this seems odd because based on number's I'd guess you would be accepted. Hope you did well this semester.


Yeah thats what I thought. Really? They want a higher GPA? Even with straight A's again this semester it'll only bring me up to like a 3.92....

User avatar
jdhopeful23
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jdhopeful23 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:14 pm

ChaotiCait wrote:
imisscollege wrote:
ChaotiCait wrote:3.91, 168, in undergrad at a public university. Complete 11/6/09, been UR for a while but then they updated it today to say UR 12/10. Non URM.


I'd imagine that they need to see your new grades although this seems odd because based on number's I'd guess you would be accepted. Hope you did well this semester.


Yeah thats what I thought. Really? They want a higher GPA? Even with straight A's again this semester it'll only bring me up to like a 3.92....


I doubt that's what they are looking for. I also had an UR update today, and have no grades to update :)

I don't think it means anything beyond what all the other UR updates meant (which is to say nothing that we know of definitively at least).

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby amidea » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:15 pm

UR 11/19 finally updated to UR 12/10.

imisscollege
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby imisscollege » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:16 pm

jdhopeful23 wrote:
ChaotiCait wrote:
imisscollege wrote:
ChaotiCait wrote:3.91, 168, in undergrad at a public university. Complete 11/6/09, been UR for a while but then they updated it today to say UR 12/10. Non URM.


I'd imagine that they need to see your new grades although this seems odd because based on number's I'd guess you would be accepted. Hope you did well this semester.


Yeah thats what I thought. Really? They want a higher GPA? Even with straight A's again this semester it'll only bring me up to like a 3.92....


I doubt that's what they are looking for. I also had an UR update today, and have no grades to update :)

I don't think it means anything beyond what all the other UR updates meant (which is to say nothing that we know of definitively at least).


That's not what we were discussing. This poster got an special/odd-sounding email. Scroll up a few posts.

jacosta6
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jacosta6 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:17 pm

After 10 minutes of having my mom trying to decipher a letter (she doesnt speak English that well), I think I may have just received a letter from George Washington, not GULC.

Hope just came crashing down.

Worst part is...Im still not sure.

User avatar
jdhopeful23
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jdhopeful23 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:22 pm

imisscollege wrote:That's not what we were discussing. This poster got an special/odd-sounding email. Scroll up a few posts.


ahh... didn't put those two together... thanks :oops:

fasttrack226
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby fasttrack226 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:22 pm

ontologyfail wrote:Have any of the other 12/7 DRs heard back yet? No snail mail for me today, and it's past COB here.


I haven't heard a thing, and I'm in northern VA. I'm thinking we should have gotten a letter by now...

fasttrack226
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby fasttrack226 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:35 pm

jacosta6 wrote:After 10 minutes of having my mom trying to decipher a letter (she doesnt speak English that well), I think I may have just received a letter from George Washington, not GULC.

Hope just came crashing down.

Worst part is...Im still not sure.


My dad just got that letter, he thought it was an acceptance and I started freaking out that I got into GW until I realized that it was an information letter lol....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Long shot hero, sre08 and 7 guests