Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cognoscenti
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Cognoscenti » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:19 pm

i'm rd... and worried.[/quote]

It's early for you. Are your numbers borderline at all?[/quote]

169/3.5 average at best, i guess.[/quote]

It doesn't seem like GULC is committing to any RD applicants that are not auto-admit numbers yet...

ersh1428
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ersh1428 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 pm

My apologies to all of those who got dinged today. I got an e-mail last week telling me they were postponing my decision. Anyone else get this? I feel like there's no reason to think I'll get in later if I can't get in now, so what's the point of a postponement? My numbers are pretty borderline, 167, 3.95 without incredible softs.

freddy knuckles
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby freddy knuckles » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

hey all i'm new around here, but I was wondering if any of the UR 11/20 crowd went DR yet. My LSAT and GPA are right at medians, RD, and I'm still UR. I don't know if this is actually cause for concern, but reading this topic sure does make me nervous.

User avatar
Oberlion
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Oberlion » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:Interviewed yesterday. Today I updated back to UR....

I expect a DR within a week or so. Is that reasonable?


For what it's worth, I interviewed on 12/1, and am still under review.

User avatar
crombot
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby crombot » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:31 pm

freddy knuckles wrote:hey all i'm new around here, but I was wondering if any of the UR 11/20 crowd went DR yet. My LSAT and GPA are right at medians, RD, and I'm still UR. I don't know if this is actually cause for concern, but reading this topic sure does make me nervous.


I've been UR since 11/13 and no movement (RD).....I hate this waiting game!

ilovelawapps
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ilovelawapps » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Rejected via email too, 168, 3.5 FT not ED

T14Hopeful09
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby T14Hopeful09 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 pm

ilovelawapps wrote:Rejected via email too, 168, 3.5 FT not ED


Georgetown rejects via email? I thought they send out letters w/ decisions...

ilovelawapps
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ilovelawapps » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:40 pm

T14Hopeful09 wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:Rejected via email too, 168, 3.5 FT not ED


Georgetown rejects via email? I thought they send out letters w/ decisions...


Nope they reject via email. It was kind of a crappy email at that lol...along the lines of "sorry bro you're not approved"

jeffreyzwerner
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jeffreyzwerner » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:
sam7711 wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:any thoughts on how the STILL under review crowd (for me since 10/28) should feel right now. are we the waitlist batch? or, perhaps so awful they won't get around to dinging us until march?


This is my situation too. Are you ED or RD? I'm ED and I'm not feeling too good about what this may mean.
Meh.


I'm in the same boat as you and thinking it's a bad sign - at least for ED'ers. My guess is that DR on 12/7 (like on 11/30) were all acceptances. Those ED'ers still under review will go DR later this week (and like DR 12/1) will be shown the exit door. There might be a couple deferrals somewhere in there, too.


I agree. However, I think most of the 12/7 DRs are not EDers (same with the 11/30 group). The biggest movement of EDers was this 12/1 batch. So...does that mean they're showing no ED love this round?!
Please correct me if I'm wrong- it's tough to stay afloat of the GT thread activity.


I am DR 12/7 and ED...is anyone else? i also have the application completed date, but mine is 12/7, not 12/8. I went complete 12/1, UR 12/3, DR complete 12/7. I am ED 174, 3.05

If youre 12/7, post your numbers so we can all get in idea of what type of people are 12/7

T14Hopeful09
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby T14Hopeful09 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:43 pm

ilovelawapps wrote:
T14Hopeful09 wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:Rejected via email too, 168, 3.5 FT not ED


Georgetown rejects via email? I thought they send out letters w/ decisions...


Nope they reject via email. It was kind of a crappy email at that lol...along the lines of "sorry bro you're not approved"


Is the email sent of the same day as the DR? or does it come a few days later? My status checker says DR 12/7 but I don't have an email.

ilovelawapps
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ilovelawapps » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:45 pm

T14Hopeful09 wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:
T14Hopeful09 wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:Rejected via email too, 168, 3.5 FT not ED


Georgetown rejects via email? I thought they send out letters w/ decisions...


Nope they reject via email. It was kind of a crappy email at that lol...along the lines of "sorry bro you're not approved"


Is the email sent of the same day as the DR? or does it come a few days later? My status checker says DR 12/7 but I don't have an email.


Haha not at all, thats why this thread is like 150 pages long. All of us 12/1 DR people just found out today-most were rejection by email I believe. Thats why everyone's so pissed.

EDIT: I shouldn't say all of us found out today. I think the people who got rejected via email all got theirs today.

jeffreyzwerner
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jeffreyzwerner » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:49 pm

are there any 12/1 DR that did not get an email? does georgetown really send them all out right a the same time like that? and are specific DR dates usually all accepts or all rejects?

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby billyez » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:49 pm

I realize that I'm only throwing wood in the flames here with assumptions...but it took the e-mails seven days to get where they needed to go right? It seems to have taken less time for people who were sent snail mail right? I don't recall it being a week - usually five days.

So the 12th and 13th are the days people who got acceptances on 12/7 would find out, eh?

alm2127
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby alm2127 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 pm

billyez wrote:I realize that I'm only throwing wood in the flames here with assumptions...but it took the e-mails seven days to get where they needed to go right? It seems to have taken less time for people who were sent snail mail right? I don't recall it being a week - usually five days.

So the 12th and 13th are the days people who got acceptances on 12/7 would find out, eh?


it depends, they seemed to have totally dropped the ball with the 12/1 batch, whatever the reason was. i got DR 11/30 and the letter was in my mailbox (in DC) the next afternoon. So it depends on obviously how far away you live+when they choose to send them out of the mailroom

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby NayBoer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:Interviewed yesterday. Today I updated back to UR....

I expect a DR within a week or so. Is that reasonable?
Looks like nobody answered this in the flurry of rejections.

I interviewed last Monday and went UR Tuesday, one week ago. I'm still UR, so a week's wait is too optimistic in my case. Went complete 10/19.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:02 pm

alm2127 wrote:
billyez wrote:I realize that I'm only throwing wood in the flames here with assumptions...but it took the e-mails seven days to get where they needed to go right? It seems to have taken less time for people who were sent snail mail right? I don't recall it being a week - usually five days.

So the 12th and 13th are the days people who got acceptances on 12/7 would find out, eh?


it depends, they seemed to have totally dropped the ball with the 12/1 batch, whatever the reason was. i got DR 11/30 and the letter was in my mailbox (in DC) the next afternoon. So it depends on obviously how far away you live+when they choose to send them out of the mailroom


I think we know what the reason was. We were rejects so they had no urgency with us. Completely unprofessional of them.

urban_cdn
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby urban_cdn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:02 pm

im also DR 12/7 RD, 172 (multiple LSAT), 3.5x, (international, if that matters -canada).

shanejamin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby shanejamin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:03 pm

I asked this elsewhere but with no response: does anybody have any idea how much law schools care about graduate degrees? They all SAY that they take grad work, etc., into consideration, but they also all SAY they don't have any numerical cut-offs. For what it's worth, my MA is in Latin and Greek, not in ribbon-tying or something similarly pointless (well, similarly easy--you could make a strong argument for the pointlessness of a Latin MA, with your prize piece of evidence being people possessing such degrees going to law school). Judging by the acc's/rej's that have been flowing in, my numbers couldn't be closer to the dividing line.

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:05 pm

ED PT just got my rejection email.

Good luck all.

Cornell still loves me.

JohnYuu
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby JohnYuu » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:08 pm

shanejamin wrote:I asked this elsewhere but with no response: does anybody have any idea how much law schools care about graduate degrees? They all SAY that they take grad work, etc., into consideration, but they also all SAY they don't have any numerical cut-offs. For what it's worth, my MA is in Latin and Greek, not in ribbon-tying or something similarly pointless (well, similarly easy--you could make a strong argument for the pointlessness of a Latin MA, with your prize piece of evidence being people possessing such degrees going to law school). Judging by the acc's/rej's that have been flowing in, my numbers couldn't be closer to the dividing line.

You should start a new thread for this. Most helpful people will probably not be here (no offense).

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:10 pm

shanejamin wrote:I asked this elsewhere but with no response: does anybody have any idea how much law schools care about graduate degrees? They all SAY that they take grad work, etc., into consideration, but they also all SAY they don't have any numerical cut-offs. For what it's worth, my MA is in Latin and Greek, not in ribbon-tying or something similarly pointless (well, similarly easy--you could make a strong argument for the pointlessness of a Latin MA, with your prize piece of evidence being people possessing such degrees going to law school). Judging by the acc's/rej's that have been flowing in, my numbers couldn't be closer to the dividing line.


It weights very very little.

afische3
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby afische3 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Yikes, I thought I had a decent shot at PT (applied RD) w/ 3.2/169 but after today Im pretty much counting GULC out.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Mosca » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 pm

vasiok wrote:
shanejamin wrote:I asked this elsewhere but with no response: does anybody have any idea how much law schools care about graduate degrees? They all SAY that they take grad work, etc., into consideration, but they also all SAY they don't have any numerical cut-offs. For what it's worth, my MA is in Latin and Greek, not in ribbon-tying or something similarly pointless (well, similarly easy--you could make a strong argument for the pointlessness of a Latin MA, with your prize piece of evidence being people possessing such degrees going to law school). Judging by the acc's/rej's that have been flowing in, my numbers couldn't be closer to the dividing line.


It weights very very little.

Your pre-edit post got your point across much more effectively

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby NayBoer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:14 pm

The LSN graph for GULC now looks a lot more hostile. I suppose compared to last year it's not noticeably different, but I can't help but worry that the last few pages of this thread foretell the doom of my own application.

I note that it looks like there were no 170+ splitters dispatched in the recent carnage.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Notor » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:16 pm

robin600 wrote:
clint4law wrote:
robin600 wrote:I guess i'm really not going to law school next year. This hurts...


Why robin? You'll get in somewhere.

I've been rejected/waitlisted at 5 places so far...Unless Washington and Lee or William and Mary pull through (and it looks like they won't) I'm not going to law school..... the way this cycle looks i'm not going anywhere.


You can still apply to other schools... its only December, what are you talking about




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests