Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby finalaspects » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:05 am

ruleser wrote:
finalaspects wrote:ruleser are you at DR? if so which date?

12/1


so we're both playing the devil huh? i hope we're both wrong... i really really do...

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:11 am

finalaspects wrote:
ruleser wrote:
finalaspects wrote:ruleser are you at DR? if so which date?

12/1


so we're both playing the devil huh? i hope we're both wrong... i really really do...

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:28 am

while i find going on TLS informative, it can be stressful the more you learn, especially with GUKC

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:01 am

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Crayons
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Green Crayons » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:36 am

sharthree wrote:Here's the deal. They told me to call back today and that is exactly what I am going to doing at 9:00 am sharp. I want my decision...now.
Oh, early morning drama? Let me grab some popcorn. 8)

User avatar
riburn3
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby riburn3 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:36 am

Nice. Looking forward to hearing their response.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 am

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby najumobi » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:10 am

sharthree wrote:Okay, I called them and am royally pissed. I expected a [expletive] answer. Instead I got someone telling me that "they have been sent out, we are just in waiting period". I asked the format of the decision, and he said, "we can't say whether it is an email or a letter; but they have been sent out.".

To which I replied, I believe this to be unfair, and disrespectful to the students applying. The gentleman said "I don't disagree with you on that; but we are just waiting and unfortunately I can't release a decision over the phone."

so they told you to call in order to tell you that a decision on your app has been made and sent out?

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby goodolgil » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:11 am

I interviewed last week and still not status change back to under review. Should I call?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:12 am

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:18 am

sharthree wrote:
najumobi wrote:
sharthree wrote:Okay, I called them and am royally pissed. I expected a [expletive] answer. Instead I got someone telling me that "they have been sent out, we are just in waiting period". I asked the format of the decision, and he said, "we can't say whether it is an email or a letter; but they have been sent out.".

To which I replied, I believe this to be unfair, and disrespectful to the students applying. The gentleman said "I don't disagree with you on that; but we are just waiting and unfortunately I can't release a decision over the phone."

so they told you to call in order to tell you that a decision on your app has been made and sent out?


I guess so. When I called yesterday, they stated "you will receive a decision today, if not give us a call back".

I don't understand what they are waiting for? I'm confused!

alphie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby alphie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:24 am

I just called, I told the lady who answered that I had been waiting for a week. She said the adcomm met again after DR so to be patient we should hear something soon..

I don't get it...they made up their minds but then went back and changed it?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:29 am

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ontologyfail
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ontologyfail » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 am

sharthree wrote:Okay, I called them and am royally pissed. I expected a [expletive] answer. Instead I got someone telling me that "they have been sent out, we are just in waiting period". I asked the format of the decision, and he said, "we can't say whether it is an email or a letter; but they have been sent out.".

To which I replied, I believe this to be unfair, and disrespectful to the students applying. The gentleman said "I don't disagree with you on that; but we are just waiting and unfortunately I can't release a decision over the phone."


I feel for the poor people answering the phones over there. I worked in a study abroad office that would continuously promise students admission decisions by deadlines they couldn't keep. I felt horrible for the students, and agreed with them when they ranted about how unfair and unprofessional it was, but there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. Things like this wouldn't happen if the people who didn't keep their word actually had to take responsibility for it themselves, but in universities, they never do.

User avatar
riburn3
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby riburn3 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 am

alphie wrote:I just called, I told the lady who answered that I had been waiting for a week. She said the adcomm met again after DR so to be patient we should hear something soon..

I don't get it...they made up their minds but then went back and changed it?



Lol huh??? What the hell is going on with this 12/1 batch? I know some speculate these are all rejections/WL but I don't think it would be that difficult if this were true. Why would it take them longer to notify in such circumstances vs. acceptances? Something fishy is going on and it looks like they might be biting their nails on some of these apps. Especially the EDers.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:38 am

riburn3 wrote:
alphie wrote:I just called, I told the lady who answered that I had been waiting for a week. She said the adcomm met again after DR so to be patient we should hear something soon..

I don't get it...they made up their minds but then went back and changed it?



Lol huh??? What the hell is going on with this 12/1 batch? I know some speculate these are all rejections/WL but I don't think it would be that difficult if this were true. Why would it take them longer to notify in such circumstances vs. acceptances? Something fishy is going on and it looks like they might be biting their nails on some of these apps. Especially the EDers.

Maybe they are getting messed up with the whole trying to go paperless thing? I have no idea but this is weird, should I call again to confirm to see what's going on?

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:39 am

robin600 wrote:
riburn3 wrote:
alphie wrote:I just called, I told the lady who answered that I had been waiting for a week. She said the adcomm met again after DR so to be patient we should hear something soon..

I don't get it...they made up their minds but then went back and changed it?



Lol huh??? What the hell is going on with this 12/1 batch? I know some speculate these are all rejections/WL but I don't think it would be that difficult if this were true. Why would it take them longer to notify in such circumstances vs. acceptances? Something fishy is going on and it looks like they might be biting their nails on some of these apps. Especially the EDers.

Maybe they are getting messed up with the whole trying to go paperless thing? I have no idea but this is weird, should I call again to confirm to see what's going on?


I think you should call.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:40 am

i am starting to think that they haven't sent out the decisions yet and didn't want to send out the emails until they were sure the other decisions had already arrived by snail mail. i could be wrong.

despite that, they are still dicks.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:49 am

anyone check their postal mail yet?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 am

Just called,the very nice lady said if we don't hear anything by Friday we can all go crazy on her and call the office demanding our letters/emails. She also said mail is really backed up right now and many things still haven't gone out/or have just gone out.

Ugggh!

Green Crayons
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Green Crayons » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:57 am

Green Crayons wrote:
people ITT wrote:mail stuff
I told you! The Great Mailroom Incident of December '09 is in full force!
I knew it! :wink:

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:59 am

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:59 am

10 bucks says we don't find out till Tuesday!

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am

sharthree wrote:
robin600 wrote:Just called,the very nice lady said if we don't hear anything by Friday we can all go crazy on her and call the office demanding our letters/emails. She also said mail is really backed up right now and many things still haven't gone out/or have just gone out.

Ugggh!


I think they are lying. :(


What makes you say that sharthree?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:04 am

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AustinLu, AZnative, Chipotle85, CHyde, ReadyToStart, TrynaLaw, TudoBem, yuppitsme and 19 guests