Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ethnicstudies83
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ethnicstudies83 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:09 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:This thread is so long it's to the point of no longer being useful. Did people go DR today?


Yes, several posters, all with very high LSAT scores.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:11 am

starscream wrote:If you believe that all reject/WL = email and all acceptance = snail mail, and you believe what Georgetown said about having sent everything out, then you have to believe that all 12/1 DRs got accepted. I find the conclusion to be extremely unlikely, so it seems like Georgetown hasn't sent everything out.

There's obviously something off in the mix (unless we somehow are the oddest all accept batch ever.) I can give my speculation of the day, but really just curious at this point to see what the answer is - either rejects do come by snail mail and the adcom who said otherwise was off, or e-mails will come, or whatever. Another day or two and we'll know...

Just to add: just like there hasn't been a real ED decision round yet, there hasn't been a PT one either.
Last edited by ruleser on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ethnicstudies83
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ethnicstudies83 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:12 am

starscream wrote:If you believe that all reject/WL = email and all acceptance = snail mail, and you believe what Georgetown said about having sent everything out, then you have to believe that all 12/1 DRs got accepted. I find the conclusion to be extremely unlikely, so it seems like Georgetown hasn't sent everything out.


In years past, GULC has only provided ED rejections (non-deferrals) via snail mail.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 am

ruleser wrote:
starscream wrote:If you believe that all reject/WL = email and all acceptance = snail mail, and you believe what Georgetown said about having sent everything out, then you have to believe that all 12/1 DRs got accepted. I find the conclusion to be extremely unlikely, so it seems like Georgetown hasn't sent everything out.

There's obviously something off in the mix (unless we somehow are the oddest all accept batch ever.) I can give my speculation of the day, but really just curious at this point to see what the answer is - either rejects do come by snail mail and the adcom who said otherwise was off, or e-mails will come, or whatever. Another day or two and we'll know...

Just to add: just like there hasn't been a real ED decision round yet, there hasn't been a PT one either.



either way, they really don't care about notifying us or being honest.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 am

ethnicstudies83 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:This thread is so long it's to the point of no longer being useful. Did people go DR today?


Yes, several posters, all with very high LSAT scores.


:roll: I've been UR since 11/19 after I had my interview. I was originally UR 10/28. I was told that I would be going to committee last week w/ the rest of the interviewees who had already completed their interviews. I thought I would go DR last week or this. I'm sure this will be the only batch of the week. Granted, I'm a splitter, but above their 75%LSAT. C'mon GULC.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:23 am

SanBun wrote:either way, they really don't care about notifying us or being honest.

Yeah, I bet it's a bit tougher for you, because your numbers alone, never mind softs, give you a solid shot even at FT, never mind PT, so you really could be anywhere. Those like me that feel less likely to get anything but a ding or WL I guess can feel less antsy...

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby finalaspects » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:25 am

ethnicstudies83 wrote:
starscream wrote:If you believe that all reject/WL = email and all acceptance = snail mail, and you believe what Georgetown said about having sent everything out, then you have to believe that all 12/1 DRs got accepted. I find the conclusion to be extremely unlikely, so it seems like Georgetown hasn't sent everything out.


In years past, GULC has only provided ED rejections (non-deferrals) via snail mail.


that sucks... guys as much as i would love all the 12/1 DRs to be acceptances...

yea... :(

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:26 am

finalaspects wrote:that sucks... guys as much as i would love all the 12/1 DRs to be acceptances...

yea... :(

And my RD reject came via snail mail last year. Still, don't know anything for this year...

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 am

ruleser wrote:
SanBun wrote:either way, they really don't care about notifying us or being honest.

Yeah, I bet it's a bit tougher for you, because your numbers alone, never mind softs, give you a solid shot even at FT, never mind PT, so you really could be anywhere. Those like me that feel less likely to get anything but a ding or WL I guess can feel less antsy...


I mean honestly, despite having ok chances, I am pretty sure it's a ding. There's no way they would ever wait this long to notify an accepted student-- I am just appalled at Georgetown's blatant disrespect and disregard for applicants who don't directly contribute to their ranking-- so sad. If all law schools are like that, I will consider taking that job offer I have, despite having planned going to ls for a long time. GULC's treatment of their applicants is nothing short of crushing and demoralizing.
Last edited by SanBun on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 am

...but the admissions office specifically said this year that they are trying new means of notifying decisions, and thus far, everyone who has been waitlisted/rejected has gotten an email, while everyone who has been accepted has received a letter via snail mail...it seems unlikely that they would switch this method mid-cycle..

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:30 am

SanBun wrote:
ruleser wrote:
SanBun wrote:either way, they really don't care about notifying us or being honest.

Yeah, I bet it's a bit tougher for you, because your numbers alone, never mind softs, give you a solid shot even at FT, never mind PT, so you really could be anywhere. Those like me that feel less likely to get anything but a ding or WL I guess can feel less antsy...


I mean honestly, despite having ok chances, I am pretty sure it's a ding. There's no way they would ever wait this long to notify an accepted student-- I am just appalled at Georgetown's blatant disrespect and disregard for applicants who don't directly contribute to their ranking-- so sad. If all law schools are like that, I will consider taking that job offer I have, despite having planned going to ls for a long time. GULC's treatment of their applicants is nothing short of crushing and demoralizing.

Fair enough.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:31 am

oh the pessimism. come on GULC!!!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby finalaspects » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:32 am

jk11287 wrote:...but the admissions office specifically said this year that they are trying new means of notifying decisions, and thus far, everyone who has been waitlisted/rejected has gotten an email, while everyone who has been accepted has received a letter via snail mail...it seems unlikely that they would switch this method mid-cycle..


If this indeed is true, they just haven't sent out the emails yet. Someone should have received a snail mail by now if the 12/1 DR was true. 11/30 and 12/2 has gotten it already...

i am playing the devil's advocate and would LOVE to be proven wrong...

ethnicstudies83
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ethnicstudies83 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:32 am

jk11287 wrote:...but the admissions office specifically said this year that they are trying new means of notifying decisions, and thus far, everyone who has been waitlisted/rejected has gotten an email, while everyone who has been accepted has received a letter via snail mail...


100% correct. They even abolished their old status checker system this cycle.

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DallasCowboy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:33 am

Just be happy with UVA, hopefulundergrad. I'll trade you GULC any day.

ethnicstudies83
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ethnicstudies83 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 am

DallasCowboy wrote:Just be happy with UVA, hopefulundergrad. I'll trade you GULC any day.


LOL. What if you could buy/trade/sell admissions offers?

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 am

finalaspects wrote:If this indeed is true, they just haven't sent out the emails yet. Someone should have received a snail mail by now if the 12/1 DR was true. 11/30 and 12/2 has gotten it already...

i am playing the devil's advocate and would LOVE to be proven wrong...


Im kinda done w/ Gtown now.. Private wealth, here I come. should've taken those app fees and invested them :)

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 am

ethnicstudies83 wrote:
jk11287 wrote:...but the admissions office specifically said this year that they are trying new means of notifying decisions, and thus far, everyone who has been waitlisted/rejected has gotten an email, while everyone who has been accepted has received a letter via snail mail...


100% correct. They even abolished their old status checker system this cycle.

I don't see any rejects on LSN - do we know of some? (sorry if I'm forgetting, it's been 60 pages or so)

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:39 am

ruleser wrote:
ethnicstudies83 wrote:
jk11287 wrote:...but the admissions office specifically said this year that they are trying new means of notifying decisions, and thus far, everyone who has been waitlisted/rejected has gotten an email, while everyone who has been accepted has received a letter via snail mail...


100% correct. They even abolished their old status checker system this cycle.

I don't see any rejects on LSN - do we know of some? (sorry if I'm forgetting, it's been 60 pages or so)



Nope, just the deferrals that came via e-mail.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 am

DallasCowboy wrote:Just be happy with UVA, hopefulundergrad. I'll trade you GULC any day.


Thanks. I just don't want to get shut out of the rest of the T14. It'd be nice to go to different ASWs and then decide. Ugh, I hate splitter cycles.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 am

The only thing left to add to this is that I think we've finally annoyed them enough that if there are e-mail to be sent for 12/1ers, they will be out first thing tomorrow...

zildjianpilot
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby zildjianpilot » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:58 am

Has anyone from 12/1 DR tried to log into this: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... /index.cfm ?

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:59 am

zildjianpilot wrote:Has anyone from 12/1 DR tried to log into this: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... /index.cfm ?

Even accepted peeps can't do that yet from what I understand.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby finalaspects » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:01 am

ruleser wrote:
zildjianpilot wrote:Has anyone from 12/1 DR tried to log into this: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... /index.cfm ?

Even accepted peeps can't do that yet from what I understand.



ruleser are you at DR? if so which date?

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:04 am

finalaspects wrote:
ruleser wrote:
zildjianpilot wrote:Has anyone from 12/1 DR tried to log into this: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... /index.cfm ?

Even accepted peeps can't do that yet from what I understand.



ruleser are you at DR? if so which date?

12/1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Google [Bot], liuwenyu, malysh, sre08 and 15 guests