Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wootwootdc

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 pm

uganik wrote:Tomorrow promises to be quite interesting :roll:

didnt we heard this yest, and the day before that, and the day before..

acecrusher06

Postby acecrusher06 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:12 pm

so much for calling today D-day....

no action today...!!!

brose002

Postby brose002 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:13 pm

wootwootdc wrote:
uganik wrote:Tomorrow promises to be quite interesting :roll:

didnt we heard this yest, and the day before that, and the day before..

Yeah but tomorrow will be the last time

riburn3

Postby riburn3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:24 pm

God I love this thread. I went to bed this morning when it was at page 132. I wake up to see it's 11 pages ahead, thinking finally all these people will have some closure. It's funny seeing a thread move so much when absolutely nothing happened today.

I truly feel for every single person that got a DR on 12/1 (as also 12/7) and hope nothing but the best for everyone. What GULC is doing is incredibly unprofessional and insensitive to the people that are paying them $100 for this. It's sad schools like Illinois and W&L do a better job of processing their applications, and you don't pay them a dime. Pay GULC the most, and end up getting the worst communication. They should be ashamed of themselves.

mperez

Postby mperez » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:26 pm

DR 12/1 ED here.

I just want to know because i just sent another ED that went complete to a univ. who is known to have a very quick turnover (couldn't miss the deadline because of this debacle) expecting a gtown ding and guess what..i cant be in two places at once now can I?
Last edited by mperez on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HJO

Postby HJO » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 pm

riburn3 wrote:God I love this thread. I went to bed this morning when it was at page 132. I wake up to see it's 11 pages ahead, thinking finally all these people will have some closure. It's funny seeing a thread move so much when absolutely nothing happened today.

I truly feel for every single person that got a DR on 12/1 (as also 12/7) and hope nothing but the best for everyone. What GULC is doing is incredibly unprofessional and insensitive to the people that are paying them $100 for this. It's sad schools like Illinois and W&L do a better job of processing their applications, and you don't pay them a dime. Pay GULC the most, and end up getting the worst communication. They should be ashamed of themselves.

GULC is also the most applied to school in the country so the comparison is not really that relevant.

brose002

Postby brose002 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:29 pm

HJO wrote:
riburn3 wrote:God I love this thread. I went to bed this morning when it was at page 132. I wake up to see it's 11 pages ahead, thinking finally all these people will have some closure. It's funny seeing a thread move so much when absolutely nothing happened today.

GULC is also the most applied to school in the country so the comparison is not really that relevant.

Well considering so many people pay $100 dollars for their application, GULC should have more than enough money to hire a decent admissions staff.

JohnYuu

Postby JohnYuu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:31 pm

mperez wrote:DR 12/1 ED here.

I just want to know because i just sent another ED that went complete to a univ. who is known to have a very quick turnover (couldn't miss the deadline because of this debacle) expecting a gtown ding and guess what..i cant be in two places at once now can I?

Umm, dude, I think you are a fucked.

brose002

Postby brose002 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:32 pm

JohnYuu wrote:

Not necessarily. He could always withdraw from that school if he gets accepted to Gtown. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

vasiok

Postby vasiok » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Ha, no mail or anything.

Oh well. I'm kinda over this whole thing now. It is what it is.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 pm

HJO wrote:

Then they should expect such a heavy volume of applications and plan accordingly. They are making themselves look terrible right now to a large number of applicants.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:37 pm

How much trouble am I in if I went from complete -> under review on 11/20 and nothing's changed since?

Whatisthis

Postby Whatisthis » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:43 pm

holybartender wrote:How much trouble am I in if I went from complete -> under review on 11/20 and nothing's changed since?

I am in the same exact situation with similar numbers to those in your profile. I hope it's not a bad sign, and I hope we hear soon.

Good Luck!

Green Crayons

Postby Green Crayons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:44 pm

holybartender wrote:How much trouble am I in if I went from complete -> under review on 11/20 and nothing's changed since?
Expect the cops to be showing up at any moment. If you need a physical representation, spread your arms out as far apart as possible in either direction. And, there: Your trouble is as wide as the width between your left and right hands' fingertips.

Truth is, nobody knows and can fully address your concern because none of us are working in the GULC admissions office. But:

If you're ED and really need to know, I would give them a polite call in the morning and inquire about a general time line for these things. If you call asking specifically when they'll be getting to your application you'll come across poorly and there's just no need for that.

If you're RD, welcome to the waiting game.

e: checking your numbers, you're fine. Pffft.

mperez

Postby mperez » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:45 pm

brose002 wrote:
JohnYuu wrote:

Not necessarily. He could always withdraw from that school if he gets accepted to Gtown. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thats exactly what I plan on doing, the second I hear from either or I'll call the other school and withdrawal my app althogether..i know this isn't kosher but im tired of gtown and their ways and guess what..if its a ding and i miss the ED opp at the school who gets screwed..me..not gtown.

hoopsguy6

Postby hoopsguy6 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Complete 11/3, Under review 11/20, Decision rendered 12/7!

No email though. C'mon, G-Town.

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:51 pm

mperez wrote:
brose002 wrote:
JohnYuu wrote:

Thats exactly what I plan on doing, the second I hear from either or I'll call the other school and withdrawal my app althogether..i know this isn't kosher but im tired of gtown and their ways and guess what..if its a ding and i miss the ED opp at the school who gets screwed..me..not gtown.

Great logic. :roll:

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 pm

I think G-Town should expect a flood of calls tomorrow. It will have been a week since a bunch of people went DR. Its absolutely shameful that a reputable institution would string along applicants so carelessly, so they deserve the inconvenience they will encounter tomorrow.

HJO

Postby HJO » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm

brose002 wrote:
HJO wrote:

Well considering so many people pay $100 dollars for their application, GULC should have more than enough money to hire a decent admissions staff.

word.

I agree.

brose002

Postby brose002 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm

dakatz wrote:I think G-Town should expect a flood of calls tomorrow. It will have been a week since a bunch of people went DR. Its absolutely shameful that a reputable institution would string along applicants so carelessly, so they deserve the inconvenience they will encounter tomorrow.

Im with you. I propose that if nothing comes tomorrow then everyone should call them.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:55 pm

brose002 wrote:
dakatz wrote:I think G-Town should expect a flood of calls tomorrow. It will have been a week since a bunch of people went DR. Its absolutely shameful that a reputable institution would string along applicants so carelessly, so they deserve the inconvenience they will encounter tomorrow.

Im with you. I propose that if nothing comes tomorrow then everyone should call them.

Absolutely. I think everyone on here should make calls tomorrow. Taper it off as to flood their phones all day long. If anything, it will smack some sense into them for future rounds of decisions.

brose002

Postby brose002 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 pm

dakatz wrote:
brose002 wrote:

Absolutely. I think everyone on here should make calls tomorrow. Taper it off as to flood their phones all day long. If anything, it will smack some sense into them for future rounds of decisions.

I think we should start at 2pm est

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 pm

dakatz wrote:
HJO wrote:

Then they should expect such a heavy volume of applications and plan accordingly. They are making themselves look terrible right now to a large number of applicants.

While I'll agree they could improve their system for applicants, I would still blow up a bus full of nuns and kittens to get into GULC.

Hear that GULC? Nuns AND kittens!

WMCowgirl

Postby WMCowgirl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:58 pm

I called today and it just takes you to an automated line and then an answering machine. So no one who went DR on 12/1 has heard anything yet?? I thought I was the only pathetic one checking the mail four times a day. Nice to know I am not alone! :lol:

mperez

Postby mperez » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:58 pm

brose002 wrote:
JohnYuu wrote:

Thats exactly what I plan on doing, the second I hear from either or I'll call the other school and withdrawal my app altogether..i know this isn't kosher but im tired of gtown and their ways and guess what..if its a ding and i miss the ED opp at the school who gets screwed..me..not gtown.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”