Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:16 pm

People in this forum, including myself, are merely frustrated and impatient with the process and are venting, which really isn't that big of a deal. Let people blow off steam if they want to...

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby uganik » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:17 pm

...



Being that they promised no emails over the weekend, maybe GULC will hit submit at 12:01 a.m. this evening (officially Monday)....... :mrgreen:

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:23 pm

uganik wrote:...



Being that they promised no emails over the weekend, maybe GULC will hit submit at 12:01 a.m. this evening (officially Monday)....... :mrgreen:

LOL for me that would be like the definition of getting the week off to a bad start.

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:30 pm

uganik wrote:...



Being that they promised no emails over the weekend, maybe GULC will hit submit at 12:01 a.m. this evening (officially Monday)....... :mrgreen:


mofos

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:38 pm

jk11287 wrote:People in this forum, including myself, are merely frustrated and impatient with the process and are venting, which really isn't that big of a deal. Let people blow off steam if they want to...

+1 Berkeley and others give you the decision right on the status checker, as well as by e-mail. The process that GULC came up with, whereby they change the status checker to decision, but don't say what the decision is and don't send e-mails (as they did to deferred people) but instead print up letters, which they then scan, then finally e-mail, is not the best system. In this case, the status checker is not being an aid but a causing unnecessary stress. Either give the decision on the status checker, streamline the process to just be e-mails (not scanned letters), or don't update to "decision" until you are ready to send.

And in any case, don't reject/WL us :D

ilovelawapps
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ilovelawapps » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:45 am

So this may be a stupid question but if you're a 12/1 DR and you don't get an email tomorrow...does that mean you got in?

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby uganik » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:52 am

Most probably!

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:53 am

ilovelawapps wrote:So this may be a stupid question but if you're a 12/1 DR and you don't get an email tomorrow...does that mean you got in?


Nothing is guaranteed....but this seems logical, as we would most likely just be waiting for a letter at that point, and letter = in.

ilovelawapps
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ilovelawapps » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:54 am

uganik wrote:Most probably!


Man tomorrow's gonna suck hard

ilovelawapps
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ilovelawapps » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:55 am

Philaw wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:So this may be a stupid question but if you're a 12/1 DR and you don't get an email tomorrow...does that mean you got in?


Nothing is guaranteed....but this seems logical, as we would most likely just be waiting for a letter at that point, and letter = in.


Haha I'm going to laugh if I get my email at 4:59pm.

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:56 am

ilovelawapps wrote:
uganik wrote:Most probably!


Man tomorrow's gonna suck hard


I beg to differ...I'm looking forward to tomorrow and a lack of e-mail from Georgetown boosting my confidence. I'm further looking forward to seeing the first letters arrive on the East coast. :D

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby uganik » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:56 am

ilovelawapps wrote:
Philaw wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:So this may be a stupid question but if you're a 12/1 DR and you don't get an email tomorrow...does that mean you got in?


Nothing is guaranteed....but this seems logical, as we would most likely just be waiting for a letter at that point, and letter = in.


Haha I'm going to laugh if I get my email at 4:59pm.



That would be most cruel!

ilovelawapps
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ilovelawapps » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:57 am

Philaw wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:
uganik wrote:Most probably!


Man tomorrow's gonna suck hard


I beg to differ...I'm looking forward to tomorrow and a lack of e-mail from Georgetown boosting my confidence. I'm further looking forward to seeing the first letters arrive on the East coast. :D


:D Hope youre right!

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:13 am

what a mean school.....

let's all check our email incessantly in the hope that we don't receive anything for them.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:06 am

acecrusher06 wrote:what a mean school.....

let's all check our email incessantly in the hope that we don't receive anything for them.


imagine they dont send out anything tmrw by 5, and we all think we're safe and than BAM at 7:49: EMAIL

they updated the status checker later in the evening, so who knows
LOL
lets hope it doesn't happen

User avatar
youpiiz
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:01 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby youpiiz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:08 am

how is this thread already so long...

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 am

youpiiz wrote:how is this thread already so long...

gulc's being a douche

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby clint4law » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:13 am

youpiiz wrote:how is this thread already so long...


Because Georgetown's admissions office is classless and inconsiderate. The previous 40 or so pages are probably from TLSers who've had the DR status since 12/1 and still don't know whether they're an admit/waitlist/ding.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:24 am

clint4law wrote:
youpiiz wrote:how is this thread already so long...


Because Georgetown's admissions office is classless and inconsiderate. The previous 40 or so pages are probably from TLSers who've had the DR status since 12/1 and still don't know whether they're an admit/waitlist/ding.


well put, clint

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:02 am

:meh: What a week... no emails.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am

there are so many things one might say after almost a week of awaiting DR result

I will say this: I HOPE WE ALL GET IN!

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:53 am

must be, it's been a pretty much a week since decision rendered....we're in folks.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:55 am

acecrusher06 wrote:must be, it's been a pretty much a week since decision rendered....we're in folks.


No emails for me yet!!! only 8 more hours....

PS- I took off work today just so I could incessantly check my email and mail box today, hopeless aren't I?

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 am

did anyone get an email yet or postal mail?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 am





Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”