Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
acecrusher06

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:39 pm

it must be acceptances all around!

vasiok

Postby vasiok » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:46 pm

robin600 wrote: starting to think I'm not going to law school next year!

You and me both :mrgreen:

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:47 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:it must be acceptances all around!

you really think so or you just sayin that ;)

acecrusher06

Postby acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:49 pm

i think it'll be a mixed batch at this point. after reading the posts, i sort of believe GULC is cruel enough to wait 5 days to send rejections.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:50 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:i think it'll be a mixed batch at this point. after reading the posts, i sort of believe GULC is cruel enough to wait 5 days to send rejections.

looks like all optimists have submitted to the weight of impending doom

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:59 pm

SanBun wrote:

No I think so, reasons why:
GULC is a numbered based school, that being said they get their LSAT high with splitters, GPAS high by accepting the non-trad and URM students (like us SanBun)
I applied PT, and their admissions process is much different than full time so they value non-trad students more highly
GT needs diversity since they are a T14, if they don't add it, they will look like dicks
If they waited 5 days to send an email, they're dicks, they'd know that they are dicks, and they know they'd be getting some irate messages, etc. from students. These irate students would talk and spread the word, and many more people would choose very similar schools that would take them (Vandy anyone?) with their numbers with a smile, murdering GT's reputation for students applying this year. If we were all rejects don't you think a lot of people would just say F*** it and apply elsewhere, I would!
Plus for the EDers, this is the first round of decisions, and there is nothing to base it on so we don't know anything yet!

My 2 cents

acecrusher06

Postby acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:09 pm

+1

pianist

Postby pianist » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:09 pm

I on the contrary think that GULC has done a very fine job with my application.

I submitted mine in mid-November. It was complete on the 11/30 with a decision on the same day! I received the acceptance letter with a hand-written student-specific note from the Dean just a few days later. Too me, this experience is far superior than the one with the other school that also accepted me: With that school, the acceptance letter came 2 weeks after I received the phone call, and the scholarship letter arrived after another 2 weeks of waiting. My numbers are not spectacular in any way (just around the medians).

I am very impressed with GULC's processing rate and personal approach, especially given the large number of applicants it has to handle.
Last edited by pianist on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:11 pm

pianist wrote:I on the contrary think that GULC has done a very fine job with my application.

I submitted mine in mid-November. It was complete on the 11/30 with a decision on the same day! I received the acceptance letter with a hand-written student-specific note from Dean just a few days later. Too me, this experience is far superior than the one with the other school that also accepted me: With that school, the acceptance letter came 2 weeks after I received the phone call, and the scholarship letter arrived after another 2 weeks of waiting. My numbers are not spectacular in any way (just around the medians).

I am very impressed with GULC's processing rate and personal approach, especially given the large number of applicants it has to handle.

That's great....you don't count...(sarcasm anyone?)

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm

pianist wrote:I on the contrary think that GULC has done a very fine job with my application.

I submitted mine in mid-November. It was complete on the 11/30 with a decision on the same day! I received the acceptance letter with a hand-written student-specific note from the Dean just a few days later. Too me, this experience is far superior than the one with the other school that also accepted me: With that school, the acceptance letter came 2 weeks after I received the phone call, and the scholarship letter arrived after another 2 weeks of waiting. My numbers are not spectacular in any way (just around the medians).

I understand processing, reviewing, and making decisions is a very timely process, but when you have a DR on 12/1 and no one (including DC residents) has received an Admit/Waitlist/Deny that's just complete BS.
Last edited by clint4law on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:16 pm

pianist wrote: I submitted mine in mid-November. It was complete on the 11/30 with a decision on the same day! I received the acceptance letter with a hand-written student-specific note from Dean just a few days later. Too me, this experience is far superior than the one with the other school that also accepted me: With that school, the acceptance letter came 2 weeks after I received the phone call, and the scholarship letter arrived after another 2 weeks of waiting. My numbers are not spectacular in any way (just around the medians).

robin 600 wrote: That's great....you don't count...(sarcasm anyone?)

Yeah agree! Glad you had a good experience, but the next few hours/ days on this thread are probably going to be dedicated to GULC bashing by 12/1 DR people, just like the previous week has. Also: CONGRATS!!!!

Robin, I sure hope you're right! I am believing it less and less, but hope has not died yet

And also:
clint4law wrote:I understand processing, reviewing, and making decisions is a very timely process, but when you have a DR on 12/1 and no one (including DC residents) have received an Admit/Waitlist/Deny that's just complete BS.
Last edited by SanBun on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyskidude

Postby nyskidude » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:19 pm

SanBun wrote:
acecrusher06 wrote:i think it'll be a mixed batch at this point. after reading the posts, i sort of believe GULC is cruel enough to wait 5 days to send rejections.

looks like all optimists have submitted to the weight of impending doom

There is actually a great defense of pessimism. It could be said that optimists never experience happiness, because the good things that happen to them were always expected. They only get disappointment when those things don't happen. On the flip side, pessimists never experience disappointment, because they are always expecting the worst. When something good happens, they weren't expecting it, and can experience happiness.

That being said, I hope we are all accepted.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:21 pm

robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:

GULC is a numbered based school, that being said they get their LSAT high with splitters, GPAS high by accepting the non-trad and URM students (like us SanBun)
I applied PT, and their admissions process is much different than full time so they value non-trad students more highly
GT needs diversity since they are a T14, if they don't add it, they will look like dicks
If they waited 5 days to send an email, they're dicks, they'd know that they are dicks, and they know they'd be getting some irate messages, etc. from students. These irate students would talk and spread the word, and many more people would choose very similar schools that would take them (Vandy anyone?) with their numbers with a smile, murdering GT's reputation for students applying this year. If we were all rejects don't you think a lot of people would just say F*** it and apply elsewhere, I would!
Plus for the EDers, this is the first round of decisions, and there is nothing to base it on so we don't know anything yet!

My 2 cents

SanBun is a URM student?

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Miracle wrote:SanBun is a URM student?

SanBun is a special snowflake =)

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Miracle wrote:
robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:

My 2 cents

SanBun is a URM student?

just to clear up confusion, I am not a URM. However, there were quite a few URMs in our 12/1 group. I am international and since there appear to be non-traditional students in our group as well, it seems that they grouped URMs/ non-trads/ internationals/ other cool people in one bunch, which has led us to believe that we are a 'diversity' group
Last edited by SanBun on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:24 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Miracle wrote:SanBun is a URM student?

SanBun is a special snowflake =)

:)

pianist

Postby pianist » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:34 pm

SanBun wrote:
pianist wrote: I submitted mine in mid-November. It was complete on the 11/30 with a decision on the same day! I received the acceptance letter with a hand-written student-specific note from Dean just a few days later. Too me, this experience is far superior than the one with the other school that also accepted me: With that school, the acceptance letter came 2 weeks after I received the phone call, and the scholarship letter arrived after another 2 weeks of waiting. My numbers are not spectacular in any way (just around the medians).

Yeah agree! Glad you had a good experience, but the next few hours/ days on this thread are probably going to be dedicated to GULC bashing by 12/1 DR people, just like the previous week has. Also: CONGRATS!!!!

Robin, I sure hope you're right! I am believing it less and less, but hope has not died yet

And also:
clint4law wrote:I understand processing, reviewing, and making decisions is a very timely process, but when you have a DR on 12/1 and no one (including DC residents) have received an Admit/Waitlist/Deny that's just complete BS.

Thanks!

I absolutely understand the anxiety, which I am experiencing right now with other schools, to most of which I applied before GULC. But I do think that bashing GULC is at least unnecessary if not unfair.

pianist

Postby pianist » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:37 pm

SanBun wrote:
just to clear up confusion, I am not a URM. However, there were quite a few URMs in our 12/1 group. I am international and since there appear to be non-traditional students in our group as well, it seems that they grouped URMs/ non-trads/ internationals/ other cool people in one bunch, which has led us to believe that we are a 'diversity' group

Not necessarily, since I am international as well.
Be patient, and good news will come!

vasiok

Postby vasiok » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:38 pm

In other news... I, finally after 1300 miles, managed to properly align sprocket and chain on my bike. Woot.

Now I just need to buy a tire pump and I can ride again... (Stupid tire lost 3 psi after being garaged for a month and my tire pump broke.).

If I don't get in here, there's always Stanford MBA :P

p.s.

I r also "international" non-trad

pianist

Postby pianist » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:46 pm

vasiok wrote:In other news... I, finally after 1300 miles, managed to properly align sprocket and chain on my bike. Woot.

Now I just need to buy a tire pump and I can ride again... (Stupid tire lost 3 psi after being garaged for a month and my tire pump broke.).

If I don't get in here, there's always Stanford MBA :P

p.s.

I r also "international" non-trad

That's the spirit!

I ran everyday before I took the LSAT (just like the Rookie); I walked everyday when I was doing my essays: Now, I sit all the time in front of the computer doing you know what.

I need to at least move my ass onto the piano bench.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm not sleeping tonight....

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:07 pm

pianist wrote:
SanBun wrote:

And also:

Thanks!

I absolutely understand the anxiety, which I am experiencing right now with other schools, to most of which I applied before GULC. But I do think that bashing GULC is at least unnecessary if not unfair.

No offense, but the fact that you went complete in late Nov. and received a decision immediately while many of us have been waiting since early October sort of exposes the strange/rather unfair nature of the admissions process.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Anyone else just think GULC will just not be rejecting/wl-ing applicants with a 170+ and respectable GPA this early in the cycle? I mean I know this is supposed to be a competitive admissions cycle, but I can't believe they're doing that already.

e: it seems like most of the pple freaking out right now are ED, and I suppose that may be warranted. but I'm RD FT, DR 12/1. I can't decide if I should be freaking out or not. I guess I'll find out soon.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 pm

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pianist

Postby pianist » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:05 pm

jk11287 wrote:
pianist wrote:
SanBun wrote:

And also:

Thanks!

No offense, but the fact that you went complete in late Nov. and received a decision immediately while many of us have been waiting since early October sort of exposes the strange/rather unfair nature of the admissions process.

Only if you have perfect information.

People have got in at the other schools I applied to with later submission dates and comparable/inferior numbers. But I didn't, and don't intent to, bash those schools for I don't know every detail of the process and therefore not qualified to judge. I didn't even name the other school that accepted me despite its obvious inefficiency (in the phone call, I was promised that the acceptance letter would be sent the next day and the scholarship letter soon after) for the same reason.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”