Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:32 pm

gilchristh wrote:
Stellar wrote:I heart you people.

I heart your avatar :D


The Smurfs! Haven't watched that since I was 4.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:56 pm

it could be the people who got rejections are a self-selected group that does not tend to post on TLS?

and the people on this board all get acceptances......(ok too optimistic)

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:07 am

ok....so here's my thinking. There was a call made to Georgetown, in which the caller was told that it takes "3-5 days for mail OR email to go out." E-mail is instantaneous. Tomorrow is a full five days. If we don't hear back from G-Town tomorrow via e-mail, I believe we are probably safe. Then again...I'm the captain of the USS: Optimism. :wink:

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:45 am

Philaw wrote:ok....so here's my thinking. There was a call made to Georgetown, in which the caller was told that it takes "3-5 days for mail OR email to go out." E-mail is instantaneous. Tomorrow is a full five days. If we don't hear back from G-Town tomorrow via e-mail, I believe we are probably safe. Then again...I'm the captain of the USS: Optimism. :wink:


Let's sue them if they send out rejection emails on the SIXTH day (Monday) for breaking a verbal agreement and causing emotional damage? :wink:

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:53 am

autumn80 wrote:
Philaw wrote:ok....so here's my thinking. There was a call made to Georgetown, in which the caller was told that it takes "3-5 days for mail OR email to go out." E-mail is instantaneous. Tomorrow is a full five days. If we don't hear back from G-Town tomorrow via e-mail, I believe we are probably safe. Then again...I'm the captain of the USS: Optimism. :wink:


Let's sue them if they send out rejection emails on the SIXTH day (Monday) for breaking a verbal agreement and causing emotional damage? :wink:


Has anyone taken torts?? ANYONE TAKEN TORTS???? lol. Naw, but I really do think we should be ok....even if not, we probably all have like 15 other apps in, and we'll be happy wherever we decide to go....why? Because we're futur lawyers, and we do our homework. We know what to expect and we know how to get where we're going....We'll make the best decision whether its Georgetown or Cooley...ok, maybe not Cooley, but you get the picture! Good luck, don't stress. :wink:

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:27 am

SanBun wrote:
jk11287 wrote:Yeah I'm not very optimistic either. On one hand, its great that none of us has received emails, but on the other, nobody has received one so its not like they were sent out and we are all safe.


may I remark that we had a bunch of people, if I recall correctly, who said they had DR 12/1 on this thread. Just because the maybe 5 of us have received nothing (as evidenced in our recent posts about lack of e-mails), doesn't mean nobody from the entire 12/1 batch, of which TLS is only a small part, and of which the regular posters on this thread are even a smaller part, has received a ding or WL email
Just a consideration... But yes, I would be much much more relieved if someone had received an e-mail and not me


ruleser wrote:Above poster said admiss person said Fri or Mon - that sounds like e-mail to me. Mail could come over the weekend, and she wouldn't know exactly when we'd get it (ie a range, not specific days)

I just think it's the time to print and scan. But who knows, there are people just receiving their accepts from 11/30 DR, so could be that there'll be a couple accepts and they were delayed for some reason. More I look more I think there's a least some WL's in the batch and not just all rejects - a girl with the same LSAT and just .2 higher GPA than me just got deferred for PT - if they defer there, I'd think there's a reasonable chance of a WL on this end...


very good point ruleser. I think they're just being dbags and I'm sure they have a 100 lame excuses for doing so. oh well, there's still hope
Yeah I get what you're saying, and I'm not trying to say that there aren't people who got DR on 12/1 that get in...but while I'm aware that TLS does not reliably account for every applicant, I think that in the past with other DR dates we've seen enough of a sample to get the general idea of what is going on. Plus, no one from LSN that was DR 12/1 has seemed to have heard anything yet. All I'm saying is that it would reassure me if we knew SOMETHING.

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:23 am

Monday should be interesting here :)

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:27 am

I forgot, but the deferred people never received DR status, correct?

So DR is like the chopping board: IN or OUT.

Man. Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" is such a good song for this madness.
I want your loving and
I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh! )

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:32 am

Can it be Monday yet?

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby uganik » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:19 pm

...


From henceforth and forevermore, this Monday shall be known as D-Day or V-Day, depending on your outcome.


In this instance, however, the "D" does not stand for debarkation or Dover....although I guess it could stand for decision, just not a very good one.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
World B. Free
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby World B. Free » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Here's to Monday!!

User avatar
clevinger33
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby clevinger33 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:26 pm

uganik wrote:...


From henceforth and forevermore, this Monday shall be known as D-Day or V-Day, depending on your outcome.


In this instance, however, the "D" does not stand for debarkation or Dover....although I guess it could stand for decision, just not a very good one.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


The D in D-Day never meant any of those things. It just means "Day," in the same way that the H in H-Hour just means hour.

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby uganik » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 pm

clevinger33 wrote:
uganik wrote:...


From henceforth and forevermore, this Monday shall be known as D-Day or V-Day, depending on your outcome.


In this instance, however, the "D" does not stand for debarkation or Dover....although I guess it could stand for decision, just not a very good one.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


The D in D-Day never meant any of those things. It just means "Day," in the same way that the H in H-Hour just means hour.



You very well may be correct, although Eisenhower, the man in charge of the entire D-Day operation, referred to it as Debarkation Day in a later speech so their is some controversy surrounding this to the degree that you should not be so certain of your conclusion.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:39 pm

How about Doom Day?

haha JK :mrgreen:

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:56 pm

maybe all the people who are DR 12/01 already got an email and just happens to be a TLS board member?

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:17 pm

if there's anyone here who got the e-mail
please post, for the sake of our (temporary) sanity.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:21 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:maybe all the people who are DR 12/01 already got an email and just happens to be a TLS board member?

Wow, this tops any LSAT LR - I have no idea what you are asking.

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Monday, Monday. Ding-Day or In-Day. Yay?

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:30 pm

ruleser wrote:
acecrusher06 wrote:maybe all the people who are DR 12/01 already got an email and just happens to be a TLS board member?

Wow, this tops any LSAT LR - I have no idea what you are asking.



oops haha, i meant perhaps all the people who received emails already do not post on the TLS board.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:34 pm

in-day!

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:39 pm

i say ding day for me and also since the admissions lady said decisions are going out either on friday or monday, it's gotta be e-mails since she couldn't know if it was mail
Just MO

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:43 pm

don't you think it's cruel to send emails out on monday? and in theory face a whole week of whining applicants calling?

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:46 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:don't you think it's cruel to send emails out on monday? and in theory face a whole week of whining applicants calling?


yeah you have a good point, but just judging from LSN it seems like they grouped all the lower numbers into the 12/1 batch and I'd be surprised if some of them get acceptances, barring absolutely incredible softs which are not that common

also, we should've seen e-mails by now if the wave of acceptances was to follow. At least a couple of super low # people on LSN should have IMO, but there was no update to their profiles. Could be that they don't wanna post rejections, but unlikely that's the case for everyone

they're just gonna have to deal with the calls, plus i'm not even sure anymore people call once they're rejected. I know i wouldn't

don't you think it's weird they can narrow the decision down to two days, Monday or Friday?

User avatar
justice4me
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby justice4me » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Apologies for asking a question that has undoubtedly been asked elsewhere in this 121-page thread, but is Georgetown responsive to e-mail requests for fee waivers? And what about GW?

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:50 pm

damn that's cruel. wake up monday morning, and see your rejection email waiting for you. :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”