Georgetown 2013/ (2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 am

WhyBother? wrote:
ari12345 wrote:Soo a kid at my school went dr 11/30 and on wednesday night was able to log on to the admitted students site. I tried but no luck for me...anyone else?
Soo a kid at my school went dr 11/30 and on wednesday night was able to log on to the admitted students site. I tried but no luck for me...anyone else?
I wouldn't take this to mean anything. I was recently admitted (DR 11/30) and I can't log on.
The admitted students site isnt going to be up until December 21

jakeoooh

New

Post by jakeoooh » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:56 am

I was emailed a deferral at 3:48pm eastern time on 12/2 for anyone who was asking. Subject line read: Georgetown Law Application Status

No idea about updates on the status checker as I've decided not to use this feature.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:00 pm

TheSharklord wrote:
robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:
ethnicstudies83 wrote: I also hear GULC has a very interesting review process in which at least 2 ayes must be received on an app (from the addcoms) before reviewed by Dean Cornblatt.

P.S. I wonder if "Under Review" means that an app is on Dean Cornblatt's desk after having received 2 ayes from the adcomms.
interesting, anyone know the answer to this? My guess would be under review means under adcom review. Everyone seems to have gotten UR
My status changed UR dates 3 times so it could be possible 2 eyes plus his
Interesting indeed. How about the people who were dinged (if they want to talk about it) how many times did you get a UR update? is it a race to two votes up or down? Maybe people who went UR three times or four times got "Y", "N", "Y", [final approval via review from the dean, because of split vote]? Has anyone gone straight to decision from one UR that wasn't clearly an auto admit or auto ding?
Could be...interesting...

acecrusher06

Bronze

Post by acecrusher06 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:11 pm

maybe this is a sign that since we didn't get a deferral or reject email yet, that we are part of the acceptances?

let's keep the faith alive guys!

timertimer61

Bronze

Post by timertimer61 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:03 pm

i am dr on 12/1, but i dont have anything in the mailing list on the left. does that mean the havent even sent the decision over mail yet? do you guys have a date on the mailing?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:07 pm

timertimer61 wrote:i am dr on 12/1, but i dont have anything in the mailing list on the left. does that mean the havent even sent the decision over mail yet? do you guys have a date on the mailing?
Right off of the status checker website: "Due to the volume of our correspondence with applicants, Georgetown is unable to post mailing details."

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:09 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:maybe this is a sign that since we didn't get a deferral or reject email yet, that we are part of the acceptances?

I agree we should keep the faith alive, but also remember that the weekend is not over yet. But yes, so far I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of GULC e-mails.

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:14 pm

SanBun wrote:
acecrusher06 wrote:maybe this is a sign that since we didn't get a deferral or reject email yet, that we are part of the acceptances?

I agree we should keep the faith alive, but also remember that the weekend is not over yet. But yes, so far I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of GULC e-mails.
Really? I would be MUCH happier if people HAD been getting e-mails, but that I had not gotten one. Instead, no one has gotten an e-mail, so it's not like we are exceptions to any unpleasant rule. I hate to say it, but this batch will most certainly have rejects in it (perhaps myself included :cry: ). Thus, the lack of GULC e-mails really means nothing to me except that my fate has been delayed for now.

Gosh I'm a cynic.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
SanBun wrote:

Really? I would be MUCH happier if people HAD been getting e-mails, but that I had not gotten one. Instead, no one has gotten an e-mail, so it's not like we are exceptions to any unpleasant rule. I hate to say it, but this batch will most certainly have rejects in it (perhaps myself included :cry: ). Thus, the lack of GULC e-mails really means nothing to me except that my fate has been delayed for now.

Gosh I'm a cynic.

Guess you have a point. I actually meant the lack of GULC e-mails for me haha
oh well, we'll see. I knew from the beginning that GULC is a # centered degree mill (am I being mean?), and estimated my chances accordingly, so no crying here if I get a ding. needless to say I'll be super happy if the result defies my expectations- in any event, lots of other schools to focus on :)

P.S.: Is it just me or does this feel like the quiet before the storm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ChildPlease

New

Post by ChildPlease » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Does the date changing on my UR mean anything?

initech

Bronze

Post by initech » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Nothing from GULC in the mail today. 12/1 DR

Green Crayons

Bronze

Post by Green Crayons » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:01 pm

initech wrote:Nothing from GULC in the mail today. 12/1 DR
+1

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:01 pm

+1, sigh of relief for no email, but bracing myself for monday!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:07 pm

robin600 wrote:
+1
the longer they delay e-mails (for those that are getting e-mails, that is), the more they come off as douche bags.. Seriously, 4 days? 5, 6 days for an e-mail? seems they reeeeally wanna tell us they don't give a d* once they reject us. Not that other schools are much different, but at least they pretend to be nice about it. very classy Georgetown.

Robin, you think e-mails could happen on Monday?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:13 pm

SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote:
+1
the longer they delay e-mails (for those that are getting e-mails, that is), the more they come off as douche bags.. Seriously, 4 days? 5, 6 days for an e-mail? seems they reeeeally wanna tell us they don't give a d* once they reject us. Not that other schools are much different, but at least they pretend to be nice about it. very classy Georgetown.

Robin, you think e-mails could happen on Monday?
I think the both of us are getting accepted. no e-mails for us :lol: I think it's unlikely that they would wait till monday to send out rejection/waitlist emails for the following reasons:
1. they have the whole week to deal with people calling and freaking out at them.
2. When someone called the admissions office they said we'd find out friday or monday. To me, this means rejections on friday, acceptances on monday
3. since they have to write notes with their acceptances and address them etc... it will take more time for them to come. All they have to do is BCC an email to all the rejects/waitlists, and they're done. Defer emails went out on the same day, it seems unlikely they'd wait to send emails for rejections.

What do you think?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:23 pm

robin600 wrote: I think the both of us are getting accepted. no e-mails for us :lol: I think it's unlikely that they would wait till monday to send out rejection/waitlist emails for the following reasons:
1. they have the whole week to deal with people calling and freaking out at them.
2. When someone called the admissions office they said we'd find out friday or monday. To me, this means rejections on friday, acceptances on monday
3. since they have to write notes with their acceptances and address them etc... it will take more time for them to come. All they have to do is BCC an email to all the rejects/waitlists, and they're done. Defer emails went out on the same day, it seems unlikely they'd wait to send emails for rejections.

What do you think?
what do I think? I think you're great for writing that, for starters!
I didn't know they said decisions are gonna be either friday or monday!!
I think you have a very good reason for dismissing the monday rejections option due to the incredible amount of phone calls they would receive throughout the week. Then again, it could also just be the case that they took the entire weekend to scan all the rejection/ WL letters. I am with you in hoping/ making myself believe for now that you're right about 3.
Honestly, I have no clue. All I know is I that I know nothing, as Socrates said. There's so much truth to that statement. Sure, we can refer back to last year's cycle all we want, but last year's not this year and speculation gets us nowhere until you have the decision in front of you, in writing.

that being said, I am experiencing slight ups and downs about Gtown and still believe that assuming they really do hold off e-mails for longer than they should, that makes them pretty big dbags

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:36 pm

SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote: I think the both of us are getting accepted. no e-mails for us :lol: I think it's unlikely that they would wait till monday to send out rejection/waitlist emails for the following reasons:

What do you think?
what do I think? I think you're great for writing that, for starters!
I didn't know they said decisions are gonna be either friday or monday!!
I think you have a very good reason for dismissing the monday rejections option due to the incredible amount of phone calls they would receive throughout the week. Then again, it could also just be the case that they took the entire weekend to scan all the rejection/ WL letters. I am with you in hoping/ making myself believe for now that you're right about 3.
Honestly, I have no clue. All I know is I that I know nothing, as Socrates said. There's so much truth to that statement. Sure, we can refer back to last year's cycle all we want, but last year's not this year and speculation gets us nowhere until you have the decision in front of you, in writing.

that being said, I am experiencing slight ups and downs about Gtown and still believe that assuming they really do hold off e-mails for longer than they should, that makes them pretty big dbags

Agreed. I think they had the man hours/power to send emails during the week. If they didn't do it just to hold off that's kind of rude.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

urban_cdn

New

Post by urban_cdn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:44 pm

hey guys, im a little confused about how GULC notifies those who have been accepted. ive gathered that emails are sent to those rejected or waitlisted and i'm seeing something about an acceptance letter. is the acceptance letter only by snail mail? thanks!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:27 pm

urban_cdn wrote:hey guys, im a little confused about how GULC notifies those who have been accepted. ive gathered that emails are sent to those rejected or waitlisted and i'm seeing something about an acceptance letter. is the acceptance letter only by snail mail? thanks!
yes

urban_cdn

New

Post by urban_cdn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:33 pm

oh ok, good to know - thanks for your help!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm not buying it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Veritas wrote:I'm not buying it.
somehow i didnt think u would. But your a pessimist and nothing will change your mind at this point anyways.

autumn80

New

Post by autumn80 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:52 pm

robin600 wrote:
Veritas wrote:I'm not buying it.
somehow i didnt think u would. But your a pessimist and nothing will change your mind at this point anyways.
It's hard to stay optimistic after someone has spent sufficient time around these boards and accumulated 11000+ posts. :mrgreen:

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah I'm not very optimistic either. On one hand, its great that none of us has received emails, but on the other, nobody has received one so its not like they were sent out and we are all safe.

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Above poster said admiss person said Fri or Mon - that sounds like e-mail to me. Mail could come over the weekend, and she wouldn't know exactly when we'd get it (ie a range, not specific days)

I just think it's the time to print and scan. But who knows, there are people just receiving their accepts from 11/30 DR, so could be that there'll be a couple accepts and they were delayed for some reason. More I look more I think there's a least some WL's in the batch and not just all rejects - a girl with the same LSAT and just .2 higher GPA than me just got deferred for PT - if they defer there, I'd think there's a reasonable chance of a WL on this end...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”