Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:51 pm

vasiok wrote:It is a valid theory for acceptance notes.... Given the increasing number of applicants... :shock:


Did you touch the wrong emoticon again? Should be.... :D

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Philaw wrote:
vasiok wrote:It is a valid theory for acceptance notes.... Given the increasing number of applicants... :shock:


Did you touch the wrong emoticon again? Should be.... :D



:mrgreen:

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:53 pm

His hand must be getting cramped after sending so many out already.

Or he injured it while carving the turkey last week and has to put them off. (How can GT send out acceptances without the cherished note! :shock: )

jon6
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jon6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:53 pm

vasiok wrote:It is a valid theory for acceptance notes.... Given the increasing number of applicants... :shock:



i hope they don't prove me wrong

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:54 pm

autumn80 wrote:His hand must be getting cramped after sending so many out already.

Or he injured it while carving the turkey last week and has to put them off. (How can GT send out acceptances without the cherished note! :shock: )


You already know the secretary has got his back!! It just takes longer now because of the delay between thought > speech > recognition > writing between two people.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:55 pm

jon6 wrote:
vasiok wrote:It is a valid theory for acceptance notes.... Given the increasing number of applicants... :shock:



i hope they don't prove me wrong


I thought I was over it, and then Jon comes along and infuses my day with positivity- I guess hope dies last? I was never so curious to know the outcome of... well, anything

jon6
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jon6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:57 pm

SanBun wrote:
jon6 wrote:
vasiok wrote:It is a valid theory for acceptance notes.... Given the increasing number of applicants... :shock:



i hope they don't prove me wrong


I thought I was over it, and then Jon comes along and infuses my day with positivity- I guess hope dies last? I was never so curious to know the outcome of... well, anything


haha i couldn't handle all the pessimism.

User avatar
Stellar
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Stellar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Hey so ... do all you people crapping yourselves about when you'll hear already have a DR? Is that correct? [I'd go back and look through the posts but 1) some people on TLS are douche-bags and, boy -- I canNOT stand reading mean stuff about how some person's tiger-tar is worse that someone else's, etc. and 2) I spent all my energy replacing the name of school X with the name of school Y on my personal statements. Done tuckered OUT.]

THX
kisses

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:13 pm

Philaw wrote:
beckstar wrote:i really want you gulc, just do me already, so i can have the kid before i start in the fall.


You just took the desperate/crazy lover joke to a whole other level.

Yeah, like the rest of us didn't already go there in our heads.

User avatar
polydolly
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby polydolly » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:17 pm

I think I am the last 11/30 DR to receive my acceptance letter. In at GULC

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:18 pm

polydolly wrote:I think I am the last 11/30 DR to receive my acceptance letter. In at GULC


Congratulations! I wish you had been the first 12/01 to receive an acceptance letter!

User avatar
beckstar
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby beckstar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:19 pm

jk11287 wrote:
Philaw wrote:
beckstar wrote:i really want you gulc, just do me already, so i can have the kid before i start in the fall.


You just took the desperate/crazy lover joke to a whole other level.

Yeah, like the rest of us didn't already go there in our heads.



i can take that joke pretty far, fyi.

jas5076
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jas5076 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Just went under review today!!! PT ED 8)

Trying not to get my hopes up though because I am expecting a waitlist/defer or reject :evil:

ethnicstudies83
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ethnicstudies83 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:19 pm

jas5076 wrote:Just went under review today!!! PT ED 8)

Trying not to get my hopes up though because I am expecting a waitlist/defer or reject :evil:


Hi Jas,

I was complete 10/1, and just went UR today too. Unlike you, I'm a spring '10 transfer PT applicant, from a T1 school where I'm near the top of my 1LE class.

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby clint4law » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:32 pm

vasiok wrote:Well, no email so far... This is getting weird.


weird??? no....this is bullshit! Schools like Illinois put Georgetown to shame. Yesterday, Dean P (from Illinois) went on TLS an advised the TLS community that he's about to send out the acceptances. I really don't understand this whole process.

User avatar
initech
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby initech » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:35 pm

DR 12/1, still no word. It's been a bit painful waiting around.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:39 pm

clint4law wrote:
vasiok wrote:Well, no email so far... This is getting weird.


weird??? no....this is bullshit! Schools like Illinois put Georgetown to shame. Yesterday, Dean P (from Illinois) went on TLS an advised the TLS community that he's about to send out the acceptances. I really don't understand this whole process.


I completely agree, total bs. Georgetown is really loosing points with me and probably lots of other people. Sure, I understand they have lots of apps, but guess what: so do many other schools. We paid $100 to apply and I expect some basic transparency and expediency in return. This is borderline disrespectful to say the least, if you ask me. Just my $0.02.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:47 pm

So uh... who else is long term under review? I'm wondering what kinds of numbers are still left in the pool.

ethnicstudies83
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ethnicstudies83 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:55 pm

SanBun wrote:
clint4law wrote:
vasiok wrote:Well, no email so far... This is getting weird.


weird??? no....this is bullshit! Schools like Illinois put Georgetown to shame. Yesterday, Dean P (from Illinois) went on TLS an advised the TLS community that he's about to send out the acceptances. I really don't understand this whole process.


I completely agree, total bs. Georgetown is really loosing points with me and probably lots of other people. Sure, I understand they have lots of apps, but guess what: so do many other schools. We paid $100 to apply and I expect some basic transparency and expediency in return. This is borderline disrespectful to say the least, if you ask me. Just my $0.02.


Well, to put things into perspective for everyone, GULC probably receives the most applications of any law school in the U.S., roughly ~10,000. I also hear GULC has a very interesting review process in which at least 2 ayes must be received on an app (from the addcoms) before reviewed by Dean Cornblatt.

P.S. I wonder if "Under Review" means that an app is on Dean Cornblatt's desk after having received 2 ayes from the adcomms.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ccs224 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:58 pm

nyskidude wrote:Here is a question that may be a little bit off-topic...

How many schools actually send decisions to your listed permanent address rather than your listed current address? I just got a scare because my parents just got a PO Box a month or so ago, and any mail listed to my street address could be returned to sender. I don't want to not get a notification because of this or, god forbid, get accepted and then have that turned into a rejection due to a return to sender... I'd probably have to e-mail each of the many schools that I applied to in order to update that information, too...


You can update your address on the status checkers and for schools who do not have one, simply send an email. I seriously doubt any law school will turn an acceptance into a rejection because their mail was returned. This ain't Anna Wintour you're applying to.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:00 pm

ethnicstudies83 wrote:I also hear GULC has a very interesting review process in which at least 2 ayes must be received on an app (from the addcoms) before reviewed by Dean Cornblatt.

P.S. I wonder if "Under Review" means that an app is on Dean Cornblatt's desk after having received 2 ayes from the adcomms.


interesting, anyone know the answer to this? My guess would be under review means under adcom review. Everyone seems to have gotten UR

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby danidancer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 pm

SanBun wrote:
ethnicstudies83 wrote:I also hear GULC has a very interesting review process in which at least 2 ayes must be received on an app (from the addcoms) before reviewed by Dean Cornblatt.

P.S. I wonder if "Under Review" means that an app is on Dean Cornblatt's desk after having received 2 ayes from the adcomms.


interesting, anyone know the answer to this? My guess would be under review means under adcom review. Everyone seems to have gotten UR


Not true. I was "application complete" until today - my status only changed to "under review" after I got the deferral/hold email. PT, RD.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:20 pm

danidancer wrote:
SanBun wrote:
ethnicstudies83 wrote:I also hear GULC has a very interesting review process in which at least 2 ayes must be received on an app (from the addcoms) before reviewed by Dean Cornblatt.

P.S. I wonder if "Under Review" means that an app is on Dean Cornblatt's desk after having received 2 ayes from the adcomms.


interesting, anyone know the answer to this? My guess would be under review means under adcom review. Everyone seems to have gotten UR


Not true. I was "application complete" until today - my status only changed to "under review" after I got the deferral/hold email. PT, RD.

Goodness, your couple GPA tenths above mine are getting you some real mileage - we have the same LSAT. You got into BU already, deferred at GULC for PT - I had the same complete date at BU but have heard nothing, and am part of the GULC 12/1 batch waiting on our ding e-mails - exactly .2 GPA difference is all that makes this difference... (I have a ton of WE/softs as well)

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby clint4law » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:30 pm

ethnicstudies83 wrote:
SanBun wrote:
clint4law wrote:
vasiok wrote:Well, no email so far... This is getting weird.


weird??? no....this is bullshit! Schools like Illinois put Georgetown to shame. Yesterday, Dean P (from Illinois) went on TLS an advised the TLS community that he's about to send out the acceptances. I really don't understand this whole process.


I completely agree, total bs. Georgetown is really loosing points with me and probably lots of other people. Sure, I understand they have lots of apps, but guess what: so do many other schools. We paid $100 to apply and I expect some basic transparency and expediency in return. This is borderline disrespectful to say the least, if you ask me. Just my $0.02.


Well, to put things into perspective for everyone, GULC probably receives the most applications of any law school in the U.S., roughly ~10,000. I also hear GULC has a very interesting review process in which at least 2 ayes must be received on an app (from the addcoms) before reviewed by Dean Cornblatt.

P.S. I wonder if "Under Review" means that an app is on Dean Cornblatt's desk after having received 2 ayes from the adcomms.


i have no problem with the review process, my problem has to do with the process of informing applicants once a decision has been rendered.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:35 pm

clint4law wrote:i have no problem with the review process, my problem has to do with the process of informing applicants once a decision has been rendered.


+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, bleakchimera2, cathy95, KeYe88, lawlawlawzz, lawschoolbound2017, MSNbot Media, potterotter, Pugnax, ramp_999, Rubbishdump, SamTarly and 20 guests