Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 pm

SanBun wrote:ok, it's Friday and no mail for me so... I'm gonna get ready for a ding/WL email this weekend. That being said, I want all you guys to know that even if you get an email, you will be accepted to other schools. It's so early in the process and having one school out might actually be nice, cause it's one less thing to worry about and narrows down your the vast # of places you could end up, which personally caused me a lot of anxiety.

I personally understand that the adcoms are pressured by rankings and need the #, but I will still be disappointed if I just get a flat out ding. Same goes for my feelings about some of the people I've met here- you guys are awesome! Keep it up and good news will come! I do, however, think that GULC is more # focused on the spectrum of (top) schools, so don't let this one decision (if it's negative) discourage you !!

But there's no mail from anyone, even in DC today so don't get down, plus they said they don't send emails out on weekends so we will find out saturday or monday. I think we have a shot, let's not become pessimistic peggys

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:ok, it's Friday and no mail for me so... I'm gonna get ready for a ding/WL email this weekend. That being said, I want all you guys to know that even if you get an email, you will be accepted to other schools. It's so early in the process and having one school out might actually be nice, cause it's one less thing to worry about and narrows down your the vast # of places you could end up, which personally caused me a lot of anxiety.

I personally understand that the adcoms are pressured by rankings and need the #, but I will still be disappointed if I just get a flat out ding. Same goes for my feelings about some of the people I've met here- you guys are awesome! Keep it up and good news will come! I do, however, think that GULC is more # focused on the spectrum of (top) schools, so don't let this one decision (if it's negative) discourage you !!

But there's no mail from anyone, even in DC today so don't get down, plus they said they don't send emails out on weekends so we will find out saturday or monday. I think we have a shot, let's not become pessimistic peggys


I'm all for staying optimistic. Thats usually what gets me through things like these. But there are some clear signs that we simply aren't getting admitted if we went DR on 12/1. MANY people with DR on 11/30 got their letters within 1 or 2 days. Don't you think its a little odd that not a single person has gotten anything who went DR on 12/1? Not one single person. Obviously they can get letters out within a day or 2 if they intend to do so. And even if they were slow, the people in the DC area would have something by now. So I hope they get that rejection/WL email out as soon as possible just so we don't have to wonder and worry any more. Like I said, I'd love to stay optimistic, but I'm not sure what sign there is that could possibly lead me to believe that there will be an acceptance coming from G-Town.

Green Crayons
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Green Crayons » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Green Crayons wrote:My prediction: Welcome to the first wave of dings. :|
I stand by me and what I had to say.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:54 pm

dakatz wrote:
robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:ok, it's Friday and no mail for me so... I'm gonna get ready for a ding/WL email this weekend. That being said, I want all you guys to know that even if you get an email, you will be accepted to other schools. It's so early in the process and having one school out might actually be nice, cause it's one less thing to worry about and narrows down your the vast # of places you could end up, which personally caused me a lot of anxiety.

I personally understand that the adcoms are pressured by rankings and need the #, but I will still be disappointed if I just get a flat out ding. Same goes for my feelings about some of the people I've met here- you guys are awesome! Keep it up and good news will come! I do, however, think that GULC is more # focused on the spectrum of (top) schools, so don't let this one decision (if it's negative) discourage you !!

But there's no mail from anyone, even in DC today so don't get down, plus they said they don't send emails out on weekends so we will find out saturday or monday. I think we have a shot, let's not become pessimistic peggys


I'm all for staying optimistic. Thats usually what gets me through things like these. But there are some clear signs that we simply aren't getting admitted if we went DR on 12/1. MANY people with DR on 11/30 got their letters within 1 or 2 days. Don't you think its a little odd that not a single person has gotten anything who went DR on 12/1? Not one single person. Obviously they can get letters out within a day or 2 if they intend to do so. And even if they were slow, the people in the DC area would have something by now. So I hope they get that rejection/WL email out as soon as possible just so we don't have to wonder and worry any more. Like I said, I'd love to stay optimistic, but I'm not sure what sign there is that could possibly lead me to believe that there will be an acceptance coming from G-Town.


Maybe for the RDers, but I believe the EDers have a shot still. Think about it. Letters probably didn't go out until 12/2 or 12/3. It takes time for the admissions committee to but acceptances in envelopes address them correctly and send them all out. It probably didn't happen till yesterday...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Veritas » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Green Crayons wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:My prediction: Welcome to the first wave of dings. :|
I stand by me and what I had to say.

+1, I'm kind of over it right now

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 pm

robin600 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:ok, it's Friday and no mail for me so... I'm gonna get ready for a ding/WL email this weekend. That being said, I want all you guys to know that even if you get an email, you will be accepted to other schools. It's so early in the process and having one school out might actually be nice, cause it's one less thing to worry about and narrows down your the vast # of places you could end up, which personally caused me a lot of anxiety.

I personally understand that the adcoms are pressured by rankings and need the #, but I will still be disappointed if I just get a flat out ding. Same goes for my feelings about some of the people I've met here- you guys are awesome! Keep it up and good news will come! I do, however, think that GULC is more # focused on the spectrum of (top) schools, so don't let this one decision (if it's negative) discourage you !!

But there's no mail from anyone, even in DC today so don't get down, plus they said they don't send emails out on weekends so we will find out saturday or monday. I think we have a shot, let's not become pessimistic peggys


I'm all for staying optimistic. Thats usually what gets me through things like these. But there are some clear signs that we simply aren't getting admitted if we went DR on 12/1. MANY people with DR on 11/30 got their letters within 1 or 2 days. Don't you think its a little odd that not a single person has gotten anything who went DR on 12/1? Not one single person. Obviously they can get letters out within a day or 2 if they intend to do so. And even if they were slow, the people in the DC area would have something by now. So I hope they get that rejection/WL email out as soon as possible just so we don't have to wonder and worry any more. Like I said, I'd love to stay optimistic, but I'm not sure what sign there is that could possibly lead me to believe that there will be an acceptance coming from G-Town.


Maybe for the RDers, but I believe the EDers have a shot still. Think about it. Letters probably didn't go out until 12/2 or 12/3. It takes time for the admissions committee to but acceptances in envelopes address them correctly and send them all out. It probably didn't happen till yesterday...


I sure hope you are right. I thought I had a good chance at G-Town, and its hard for me to accept that my dream of going there could be over very soon. I applied to a few T14 schools and thought that G-Town may have been my only realistic shot at the T14 aside from Cornell.

sotomayor
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sotomayor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:57 pm

i absolutely refuse to believe that every single person that went dr on 12/1 has been rejected. this may be denial in its infancy but i just cannot believe that everybody is getting rejected. there are some people who may have unfavorable fates but I cannot believe that everyone is being rejected. i'm a urm with a 168 lsat, went dr 12/1. i would think they would give it a little more consideration (after 4 weeks of review) before they rejected me. other people on here have some impressive stories (i couldn't imagine having to go through multiple surgeries and getting a 4.0, robin). to me this may be a mixed batch but i don't believe everyone is getting rejected.

ask me how my optimism is doing in 72 hours.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:00 pm

sotomayor wrote:i absolutely refuse to believe that every single person that went dr on 12/1 has been rejected. this may be denial in its infancy but i just cannot believe that everybody is getting rejected. there are some people who may have unfavorable fates but I cannot believe that everyone is being rejected. i'm a urm with a 168 lsat, went dr 12/1. i would think they would give it a little more consideration (after 4 weeks of review) before they rejected me. other people on here have some impressive stories (i couldn't imagine having to go through multiple surgeries and getting a 4.0, robin). to me this may be a mixed batch but i don't believe everyone is getting rejected.

ask me how my optimism is doing in 72 hours.


Thats a point that keeps running through my head as well. There seemed to be a TON of URM's and splitters amongst those who went DR on 12/1. I also cannot see them rejecting so many highly qualified URM applicants because high URM scores are very hard to come by. Ugg, every time I feel like its over, another part of me tells me there is reason to hope, and so goes this never-ending cycle. Hope this ends soon one way or the other.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:01 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nyskidude » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Here is a question that may be a little bit off-topic...

How many schools actually send decisions to your listed permanent address rather than your listed current address? I just got a scare because my parents just got a PO Box a month or so ago, and any mail listed to my street address could be returned to sender. I don't want to not get a notification because of this or, god forbid, get accepted and then have that turned into a rejection due to a return to sender... I'd probably have to e-mail each of the many schools that I applied to in order to update that information, too...

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Well, no email so far... This is getting weird.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Mosca » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 pm

sotomayor wrote:i absolutely refuse to believe that every single person that went dr on 12/1 has been rejected. this may be denial in its infancy but i just cannot believe that everybody is getting rejected. there are some people who may have unfavorable fates but I cannot believe that everyone is being rejected. i'm a urm with a 168 lsat, went dr 12/1. i would think they would give it a little more consideration (after 4 weeks of review) before they rejected me. other people on here have some impressive stories (i couldn't imagine having to go through multiple surgeries and getting a 4.0, robin). to me this may be a mixed batch but i don't believe everyone is getting rejected.

ask me how my optimism is doing in 72 hours.

+1

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby acecrusher06 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 pm

it's gonna be acceptances!

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:23 pm

I think you're probably right about URM getting in this cycle, a lot of URM applicants have really good numbers.

But according to LSN, nobody with my numbers (169/3.2) got in ED last year :-(

sotomayor
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sotomayor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:29 pm

last year isn't this year.

jon6
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jon6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:31 pm

here's one for optimism: the dean could be waiting to finish writing his special notes on all of our acceptances before sending them out.

User avatar
beckstar
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby beckstar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:36 pm

i really want you gulc, just do me already, so i can have the kid before i start in the fall.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:40 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:40 pm

beckstar wrote:i really want you gulc, just do me already, so i can have the kid before i start in the fall.


You just took the desperate/crazy lover joke to a whole other level.

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby gwuorbust » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Oberlion wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:Any EDers UR by 11/11 NOT get DR yet?


Yeah.


3rd that.

I think that we have been auto deferred. I am registered for the LSAT tmrw so that is why I think I've been deferred. Anyone else in the same boat?

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:42 pm

In other news, I totally support Robin's optimism, and I'm on board that ship, in addition to the USS: Already Applied but no Acceptances Yet.

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 pm

jon6 wrote:here's one for optimism: the dean could be waiting to finish writing his special notes on all of our acceptances before sending them out.


Hell yeah. Considering the number of good softs in this group, Dean Andy is probably writing a novel for every acceptance letter he's sending out.

This is an amazing and realistic spirit lifter. I love you.

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:47 pm

autumn80 wrote:
jon6 wrote:here's one for optimism: the dean could be waiting to finish writing his special notes on all of our acceptances before sending them out.


Hell yeah. Considering the number of good softs in this group, Dean Andy is probably writing a novel for every acceptance letter he's sending out.

This is an amazing and realistic spirit lifter. I love you.


Are you PT ED or FT?

jon6
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jon6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:49 pm

FT ED here

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 pm

It is a valid theory for acceptance notes.... Given the increasing number of applicants... :shock:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GOODWORKSTE, guybourdin, JosefK, nathjf, potterotter, uhwrestler, YasTheSpaz and 19 guests