Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:01 pm

:cry: 12/01...just got the email....

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:02 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tamlyric » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Philaw wrote::cry: 12/01...just got the email....


Seriously? So sorry Philaw. :(

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Mail just came. Nothing from G-Town. 12/1 DR. Guess we are rejected/waitlisted. Can't believe I actually had my hopes up that it might still be an acceptance.

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Philaw wrote::cry: 12/01...just got the email....


From Amazon confirming the purchase of some textbooks! Sorry for the scare, lol, but Geez, $212 + shipping for two books? :lol: Sorry, that was mean...:lol:

general100
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby general100 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:04 pm

dakatz wrote:Mail just came. Nothing from G-Town. 12/1 DR. Guess we are rejected/waitlisted. Can't believe I actually had my hopes up that it might still be an acceptance.


A few 11/30s on the east coast just received letters yesterday...where are you?

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:04 pm

tamlyric wrote:
Philaw wrote::cry: 12/01...just got the email....


Seriously? So sorry Philaw. :(

:cry:

I don't even want to go to DC anymore. Toying with people's affections is so not cool.
Last edited by autumn80 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tamlyric » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:04 pm

Philaw wrote:
Philaw wrote::cry: 12/01...just got the email....


From Amazon confirming the purchase of some textbooks! Sorry for the scare, lol, but Geez, $212 + shipping for two books? :lol: Sorry, that was mean...:lol:


WTF? Ha ha.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Philaw wrote:
Philaw wrote::cry: 12/01...just got the email....


From Amazon confirming the purchase of some textbooks! Sorry for the scare, lol, but Geez, $212 + shipping for two books? :lol: Sorry, that was mean...:lol:


I'm pretty sure that by the end of today, it won't be a joke. Its been 3 days and no mail from G-Town, so I can't see it being anything but a rejection/WL for me at least.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:06 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:06 pm

general100 wrote:
dakatz wrote:Mail just came. Nothing from G-Town. 12/1 DR. Guess we are rejected/waitlisted. Can't believe I actually had my hopes up that it might still be an acceptance.


A few 11/30s on the east coast just received letters yesterday...where are you?


NJ. I would have gotten something by now if they sent it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:08 pm

sharthree wrote:
Philaw wrote:
Philaw wrote::cry: 12/01...just got the email....


From Amazon confirming the purchase of some textbooks! Sorry for the scare, lol, but Geez, $212 + shipping for two books? :lol: Sorry, that was mean...:lol:


imma get you.

lol, I'm still laughing from that one...sorry, I couldn't help it. Hope it picked up the spirits, though! Keep positive 12/01!

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:08 pm

Philaw wrote:
sharthree wrote:
Philaw wrote:
Philaw wrote::cry: 12/01...just got the email....


From Amazon confirming the purchase of some textbooks! Sorry for the scare, lol, but Geez, $212 + shipping for two books? :lol: Sorry, that was mean...:lol:


imma get you.

lol, I'm still laughing from that one...sorry, I couldn't help it. Hope it picked up the spirits, though! Keep positive 12/01!


You're a terrible person. Like Marx. :x

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:08 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoctorNick189
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DoctorNick189 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Decision postponed.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Mosca » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:11 pm

DoctorNick189 wrote:Decision postponed.

Was that on your status checker? or did you get an email?

User avatar
DoctorNick189
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DoctorNick189 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Got an e-mail. Final decision in either direction comes out before the end of Feb.

general100
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby general100 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:12 pm

dakatz wrote:
general100 wrote:
dakatz wrote:Mail just came. Nothing from G-Town. 12/1 DR. Guess we are rejected/waitlisted. Can't believe I actually had my hopes up that it might still be an acceptance.


A few 11/30s on the east coast just received letters yesterday...where are you?


NJ. I would have gotten something by now if they sent it Tuesday or Wednesday.


DR 11/30 people in Boston received as late as yesterday...just saying...

alphie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby alphie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm

12/1...No letter today :( in florida

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:18 pm

We probably will have to wait till Monday *damn it* but it's the holiday season and getting a letter to detroit from lansing takes 2+ days so from dc to here is probably 5+

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:19 pm

robin600 wrote:We probably will have to wait till Monday *damn it* but it's the holiday season and getting a letter to detroit from lansing takes 2+ days so from dc to here is probably 5+


I like that you know it's going to be a letter now!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Veritas » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:20 pm

so GULC is pulling a Cornell. Nice.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Veritas wrote:so GULC is pulling a Cornell. Nice.

not really, most of us got DR on 12/1.

Philaw wrote:
robin600 wrote:We probably will have to wait till Monday *damn it* but it's the holiday season and getting a letter to detroit from lansing takes 2+ days so from dc to here is probably 5+


I like that you know it's going to be a letter now!


I'm hoping it's a letter if it's not well then, fml.

User avatar
chinagator
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby chinagator » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:26 pm

had my interview Wednesday. Status just changed back to UR.

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Foozle » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:27 pm

robin600 wrote:We probably will have to wait till Monday *damn it* but it's the holiday season and getting a letter to detroit from lansing takes 2+ days so from dc to here is probably 5+

That's not how the postal system works.

Letter-sized mail within the continental U.S usually takes between one (if it's local) to four days. Anecdotal evidence: I've mailed/received mail from people in California, Georgia, and New Jersey and it's always been two, maybe three days from D.C.

Other evidence:
You can calculate domestic postage and estimated delivery time on the USPS website here --LinkRemoved--. GULC's zip code is 20001.

The actual amount of time might differ based on the efficiency of the post office branches, plus other factors (holiday season, etc)
Last edited by Foozle on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, mm2368, notsolawful and 10 guests