Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:30 pm

robin600 wrote:mail doesnt come for me until 3! :evil:



Do you know your mail mans route? :twisted:

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CyLaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:34 pm

sharthree wrote:
vasiok wrote:
robin600 wrote:mail doesnt come for me until 3! :evil:



Do you know your mail mans route? :twisted:



Let us not endorse stalking...

:?:

Why not?

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Who am I kidding... I am still out on B-trip and won't get to my mail for another week at least....

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:46 pm

welll, nothing in my mailbox today...probably a ding via email tomorrow, then.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby danidancer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Um, OK. Just got a "hold" email from Georgetown (PT). My status never updated to "under review." What's the standard response here? LOCI? Additional LOR?

tilghmab
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tilghmab » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Um, OK. Just got a "hold" email from Georgetown (PT). My status never updated to "under review." What's the standard response here? LOCI? Additional LOR?


+1...although I'm FT and I'm retaking tomorrow so hopefully a higher score will help.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:03 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:04 pm

jk11287 wrote:welll, nothing in my mailbox today...probably a ding via email tomorrow, then.


Actually, I'm feeling quite good that we haven't gotten the e-mail yet....Expecting to start seeing this thread blow up this evening with news of letters of acceptance for 12/01ers. 8)

User avatar
keiko
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby keiko » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:04 pm

jk11287 wrote:welll, nothing in my mailbox today...probably a ding via email tomorrow, then.


you're 12/01 DR? RD?

User avatar
keiko
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby keiko » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:05 pm

Philaw wrote:
jk11287 wrote:welll, nothing in my mailbox today...probably a ding via email tomorrow, then.


Actually, I'm feeling quite good that we haven't gotten the e-mail yet....Expecting to start seeing this thread blow up this evening with news of letters of acceptance for 12/01ers. 8)


i'm lovin' your optimism :D go you!

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:06 pm

keiko wrote:
Philaw wrote:
jk11287 wrote:welll, nothing in my mailbox today...probably a ding via email tomorrow, then.


Actually, I'm feeling quite good that we haven't gotten the e-mail yet....Expecting to start seeing this thread blow up this evening with news of letters of acceptance for 12/01ers. 8)


i'm lovin' your optimism :D go you!


:D

LifeinKodachrome
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby LifeinKodachrome » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:07 pm

I also just received a 'hold', Fulltime program. I applied pretty early, but didn't apply to binding early decision.

Nice of them to tell me something though. This is my first pseudo-decision.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CyLaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:08 pm

We should definitely encourage stalking.

Stalking leads to police, and that leads to notifying schools of pending criminal charges, which in turn lead to decrease admission chances or revoking admission offer, which finally results in better chances for those of us on the hold list.
:twisted: :twisted:

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:09 pm

CyLaw wrote:We should definitely encourage stalking.

Stalking leads to police, and that leads to notifying schools of pending criminal charges, which in turn lead to decrease admission chances or revoking admission offer, which finally results in better chances for those of us on the hold list.
:twisted: :twisted:


Unless it is considered overcoming diversity to go from felon ---> lawyer :wink: In which case, you'll be decreasing your chances of getting in as your average white guy law applicant.

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:16 pm

keiko wrote:
jk11287 wrote:welll, nothing in my mailbox today...probably a ding via email tomorrow, then.


you're 12/01 DR? RD?

yea 12/01, ED, splitter.

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby RSN_M3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:23 pm

I have been deferred from ED (via e-mail) to regular admissions and will receive a decision before Feb. 26, 2010.

Does that effectively put me out of the running?

general100
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby general100 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:25 pm

jk11287 wrote:
keiko wrote:
jk11287 wrote:welll, nothing in my mailbox today...probably a ding via email tomorrow, then.


you're 12/01 DR? RD?

yea 12/01, ED, splitter.


location?

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:27 pm

oh crap. looks like the shitstorm is getting started. :cry:

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:29 pm

autumn80 wrote:oh crap. looks like the shitstorm is getting started. :cry:


Where? :shock:

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:34 pm

RSN_M3 wrote:I have been deferred from ED (via e-mail) to regular admissions and will receive a decision before Feb. 26, 2010.

Does that effectively put me out of the running?


Here.

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:36 pm

autumn80 wrote:oh crap. looks like the shitstorm is getting started. :cry:


The above. Looks like they are starting to send out emails now for the DR 12/1. Emails are never good.

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby RSN_M3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Philaw wrote:
RSN_M3 wrote:I have been deferred from ED (via e-mail) to regular admissions and will receive a decision before Feb. 26, 2010.

Does that effectively put me out of the running?


Here.

Here what?

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tamlyric » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:38 pm

RSN_M3 wrote:
Philaw wrote:
RSN_M3 wrote:I have been deferred from ED (via e-mail) to regular admissions and will receive a decision before Feb. 26, 2010.

Does that effectively put me out of the running?


Here.

Here what?


Is where the shirt-storm will be taking place. (Took me awhile to figure it out, too.)

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:39 pm

RSN_M3 wrote:
Philaw wrote:
RSN_M3 wrote:I have been deferred from ED (via e-mail) to regular admissions and will receive a decision before Feb. 26, 2010.

Does that effectively put me out of the running?


Here.

Here what?

autumn80 wrote:
autumn80 wrote:oh crap. looks like the shitstorm is getting started. :cry:


The above. Looks like they are starting to send out emails now for the DR 12/1. Emails are never good.


What she said.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”