Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:37 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
puppins wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:hmmm so then is it 'what school would the purple monkeys go to' or 'what school would LOTHT go to?'


How would various law schools, represented by their students, perform on LOTHT?


hmm...alright, so you need a combination of brains, brawn, and cunning for this one. i'm going to say one of the southern schools might take it - UVA or Duke. they get outdoors, they're a little hardier than the complete academics at YH, or Chi especially, but they've got brains enough.


the hardest part is performing under pressure. They get to that fucking silver monkey, which is only three pieces BTW and easily identifiable, and they always freeze! trying to shove feet onto heads and whatnot like they never seen a monkey, shit.


I think team NYU scrapes their knees running through the house and gives up with a big, dramatic sigh; team Chicago gets the answers right but fails at the speed and physical requirements; team UVA does well, sure, but lacks the competitive edge necessary; team NU is too old to have watched this show. No, I think it will be team UT who takes it away.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 pm

What did they say about usc?

sneakersboy11
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sneakersboy11 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 pm

.
Last edited by sneakersboy11 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Whats an URM?
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Whats an URM? » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:49 pm

ruleser wrote:What did they say about usc?



Tracy Jordan said, ""There's no link between diabetes and diet. That's a white myth, Ken. Like Larry Bird or Colorado."

sotomayor
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sotomayor » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:50 pm

thanks sneakersboy, i live right around the city in jersey. if it took 3 days to get to you. there's no reason why it couldnt take 3 to get to me and im about 15 min outside of manhattan. thanks man and congratulations from one urm to another.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Whats an URM? wrote:
ruleser wrote:What did they say about usc?



Tracy Jordan said, ""There's no link between diabetes and diet. That's a white myth, Ken. Like Larry Bird or Colorado."


YES!

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Who is tracey jordan, and is this from a tls interview?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm

ruleser wrote:Who is tracey jordan, and is this from a tls interview?



.... what?

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Jack, why are you wearing a tux?

It's after 6 o'clock Lemon. What am I, a farmer?

ughOSU
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ughOSU » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:00 pm

ruleser wrote:Who is tracey jordan, and is this from a tls interview?


Sense of humor FAIL

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:01 pm


User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby TheSharklord » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm

puppins wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
puppins wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:hmmm so then is it 'what school would the purple monkeys go to' or 'what school would LOTHT go to?'


How would various law schools, represented by their students, perform on LOTHT?


hmm...alright, so you need a combination of brains, brawn, and cunning for this one. i'm going to say one of the southern schools might take it - UVA or Duke. they get outdoors, they're a little hardier than the complete academics at YH, or Chi especially, but they've got brains enough.


the hardest part is performing under pressure. They get to that fucking silver monkey, which is only three pieces BTW and easily identifiable, and they always freeze! trying to shove feet onto heads and whatnot like they never seen a monkey, shit.


I think team NYU scrapes their knees running through the house and gives up with a big, dramatic sigh; team Chicago gets the answers right but fails at the speed and physical requirements; team UVA does well, sure, but lacks the competitive edge necessary; team NU is too old to have watched this show. No, I think it will be team UT who takes it away.


I say that Penn would win. Good physical conditioning from the necessity to defend oneself in West Philly upon exiting the "Penn Bubble" to go to the Wine and Spirits store coupled with Ivy inteligence, mixed in with the Wharton cutthroat attitude acquired by osmosis from down the street. =)

phear_me
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:43 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby phear_me » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm

I am ED PT and went Complete 11/03 and UR 12/03

I sent an e-mail to the admissions office early morning 12/02 before my update changed and this was the response I got back a few moments ago:



Thanks for your e-mail and my apologies for the delayed response.

It looks like your status has been updated to “Under Review”. You shouldn’t read too much into the timeframe in which it was updated. Files are reviewed by multiple members of the Admissions Committee and members have differing processes/orders in which they review their files. As your Early Decision application was completed within the December 1 deadline for a decision by the 15th, we will try our best to meet that goal.


I hope this helps. Thanks in advance for your patience.


Hopefully that helps elucidate some of the process for those who have a bad case of the nerves.
Last edited by phear_me on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:07 pm

TheSharklord wrote:I say that Penn would win. Good physical conditioning from the necessity to defend oneself in West Philly upon exiting the "Penn Bubble" to go to the Wine and Spirits store coupled with Ivy inteligence, mixed in with the Wharton cutthroat attitude acquired by osmosis from down the street. =)

Ah, excellent points all.

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Amelie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:08 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Whats an URM? wrote:
ruleser wrote:What did they say about usc?



Tracy Jordan said, ""There's no link between diabetes and diet. That's a white myth, Ken. Like Larry Bird or Colorado."


YES!


+1

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Some posted a tracy jordan quote in response to a usc question - don't know who she is.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby NayBoer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:14 pm

ruleser wrote:Some posted a tracy jordan quote in response to a usc question - don't know who she is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Jordan

User avatar
Whats an URM?
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Whats an URM? » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:16 pm

ruleser wrote:Some posted a tracy jordan quote in response to a usc question - don't know who she is.



"OK. Sorry it took me so long to answer. I was just thinking about how weird it is that we eat birds." - guess who...


(PS-There's someone I want you to meet. I like to call him Google Master. You should ask him.)

mdgold
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mdgold » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:18 pm

phear_me wrote:Application Complete 11/03
Under Review 12/03

Here goes ...


+1

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:18 pm

So interviewed on Tuesday, and my status checker hasn't changed back to under review. I thought it changed right away for others...

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Um, how does tracy relate to usc (I'm more confused than I am about gulc's dr)

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:25 pm

ruleser wrote:Um, how does tracy relate to usc (I'm more confused than I am about gulc's dr)


Maybe that was the point???

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby bowie8285 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:27 pm

.
Last edited by bowie8285 on Mon May 10, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:29 pm

bowie8285 wrote:who all here has gone through the interview this cycle?


That's a good question. Is it historically for fringe candidates?

User avatar
chelita
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby chelita » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Just got an email from Andy Cornblatt (I was admitted in early november) saying that Georgetown apps are up 10% this year! Crazy...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”