Georgetown 2013/ (2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
uganik

Bronze

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Post by uganik » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Mosca wrote:
sotomayor wrote:and congrats to those on 12/1 who WILL be receiving small envelopes in the mail soon.
Lol. I guess you missed the post that said that rejections and waitlists come in small envelopes too.

Good things (and bad) come in small packages.......

beckstar

New

Post by beckstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:01 pm

rejections should just be on a postcard, so the whole world can partake in the joy of being denied.

i'm expecting a rejection, too. cries.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah, some people with 12/1 DR's need to quit whining. You have no idea what the outcome will be until you open that envelope, so stop crying about something that hasn't happened yet.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:02 pm

sotomayor wrote:what's with the pessimism ruleser? you have yet to post one positive message since yesterday. You need to chill out and please keep your miserable outlook to yourself.

sorry for those people who have gotten deferrals. congrats to those that have gotten in. and congrats to those on 12/1 who WILL be receiving small envelopes in the mail soon.

peace and love.
I think there are two schools of thought on TLS re admissions.

1) Positive thinking will help me get in. I won't survive these months of waiting if I'm pessimistic.

2) Guarded expectations will protect me from disappointment. I'd hate to underperform my own expectations.

I'm definitely #2.

uganik

Bronze

Post by uganik » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 pm

dakatz wrote:Yeah, some people with 12/1 DR's need to quit whining. You have no idea what the outcome will be until you open that envelope, so stop crying about something that hasn't happened yet.

I'm giving myself a conservative 51% probability of an acceptance!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm actually not too depressed about the deferral (except, of course, for the fact that I'm in limbo for that much longer).

Good luck to all the DRs from 12/1!!! I might not be stalking this thread quite as much now that I know I shouldn't expect anything until February, but I'll be sending you all good thoughts :-)

southxii

New

Post by southxii » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:09 pm

CyLaw wrote:
southxii wrote:Yeah, interview, i did not get. Although i guess it would be hard to do an interview from Iraq.
Deployed?
southxii wrote:CyLaw, no offense, but for my own sanity I'm going to assume i'm not going to be attending law school in DC next year. Sucks.
Not sure why I would be offended. I have been pretty sure I was going to get waitlisted since the beginning. I think the deferral just proves we are borderline. I am going to continue to treat it as a WL also, but a WL were we will hear back in February where we are.
Deployed and loving it. And i didn't want to offend you with my own self-loathing.
NayBoer wrote:I think there are two schools of thought on TLS re admissions.

1) Positive thinking will help me get in. I won't survive these months of waiting if I'm pessimistic.

2) Guarded expectations will protect me from disappointment. I'd hate to underperform my own expectations.

I'm definitely #2.
#2 here too. Especially after USC, Texas, and W&M. I'm expecting 10 straight rejections now. My luck has run out.

Either way, congrats to those who get their acceptances in the mail today and tomorrow!!! I've been remiss in celebrating y'alls victories.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:10 pm

dakatz wrote:Yeah, some people with 12/1 DR's need to quit whining. You have no idea what the outcome will be until you open that envelope, so stop crying about something that hasn't happened yet.
I thought the "official word from GT" was that waitlists/rejections come via e-mail and acceptances via snail mail....this was on a post from somebody who called a while ago (when I decided to quit checking, even though I could not stand it for more than a couple of hours so am back on) and spoke to admissions. Has something changed since then that I missed?

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:11 pm

While I am in absolutely no way optimistic or even hopeful for my own chances, I dont think DR 12/1 can be all rejections, at least for the batch of ED, because there hasn't been a mass ED accept yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WhyBother?

Bronze

Post by WhyBother? » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 pm

In case it helps anyone else, I went UR 11/24, DR 11/30, and just got a letter today that I was accepted into the PT division!

I am thrilled, because I love Georgetown, but curious if this means that I am definitely rejected from the full-time division. Would it be very bad form to ask? I am concerned that I will be able to borrow enough as a PT student (the company I worked for went under since I first applied).

Good luck to everyone!

initech

Bronze

Post by initech » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Sorry for the delay.

169/3.5, FT only

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:18 pm

WhyBother? wrote:In case it helps anyone else, I went UR 11/24, DR 11/30, and just got a letter today that I was accepted into the PT division!

I am thrilled, because I love Georgetown, but curious if this means that I am definitely rejected from the full-time division. Would it be very bad form to ask? I am concerned that I will be able to borrow enough as a PT student (the company I worked for went under since I first applied).

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! That's good news! I'm assuming you applied FT and PT? What are your numbers?

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Don't let me ruin your mojo - I was dead wrong predicting the lsat (too optimistic) so I could be just as wrong with this.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WhyBother?

Bronze

Post by WhyBother? » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Mosca wrote:
WhyBother? wrote:In case it helps anyone else, I went UR 11/24, DR 11/30, and just got a letter today that I was accepted into the PT division!

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! That's good news! I'm assuming you applied FT and PT? What are your numbers?
It is great news! I love Georgetown and I am thrilled to be accepted. When I thought I had a job, I would have been happy with either, but I thought I would at least be considered for FT (3.4/172). I don't want to sound ungrateful, but the financial concerns about attending PT are pretty real, from what I understand (I've been aggressively applying to jobs, nothing's been happening). I guess it's too early in the cycle to worry about this, but I would be sad if I had to pick a FT program at a school I like less because I only got into the PT program at Georgetown.

Oh well.

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:28 pm

WhyBother? wrote:
Mosca wrote:

Good luck to everyone!
It is great news! I love Georgetown and I am thrilled to be accepted. When I thought I had a job, I would have been happy with either, but I thought I would at least be considered for FT (3.4/172). I don't want to sound ungrateful, but the financial concerns about attending PT are pretty real, from what I understand (I've been aggressively applying to jobs, nothing's been happening). I guess it's too early in the cycle to worry about this, but I would be sad if I had to pick a FT program at a school I like less because I only got into the PT program at Georgetown.

Oh well.
I can see your concern but it is my understanding that you can get financial aid for living costs just as a full time student can. Understandably this will increase your law school debt load but it could be an option if you do not find another job right away. You can always lower the amount of financial aid you accept for later years. Congrats!

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:33 pm

No email :shock:

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:35 pm

vasiok wrote:No email :shock:
That's a good thing right? No email here either! :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and believe the guy that said rejections are sent by email as well... :mrgreen:

IBmajorfail.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:37 pm

Philaw wrote:
I thought the "official word from GT" was that waitlists/rejections come via e-mail and acceptances via snail mail....this was on a post from somebody who called a while ago (when I decided to quit checking, even though I could not stand it for more than a couple of hours so am back on) and spoke to admissions. Has something changed since then that I missed?
YES THAT IS THE OFFICIAL STORY I CALLED AND THEY TOLD ME DIRECTLY!
IF YOU GET ANY MAIL FROM GTOWN IT IS GOOD NEWS!

hope we cleared that up

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:37 pm

vasiok wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and believe the guy that said rejections are sent by email as well... :mrgreen:

IBmajorfail.
No Email!!! :D

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:38 pm

SanBun wrote:
Philaw wrote:
YES THAT IS THE OFFICIAL STORY I CALLED AND THEY TOLD ME DIRECTLY!
IF YOU GET ANY MAIL FROM GTOWN IT IS GOOD NEWS!

hope we cleared that up

8)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beckstar

New

Post by beckstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:39 pm

i hate to be debby downer but didn't they say, even emails take about 3 days?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:40 pm

beckstar wrote:i hate to be debby downer but didn't they say, even emails take about 3 days?
they did say that, so you should be getting one friday if it's a rejection/ waitlist

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm

beckstar wrote:i hate to be debby downer but didn't they say, even emails take about 3 days?
*Up to 3 days....So every time I get the tone of an e-mail dinging, I cringe now. I think if we have no e-mail by tomorrow night we're safe....until then.... :shock:

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Ok. But then there's the concern about emails coming in on a lag (sometimes up to a few days?).. So, no email at this point doesn't necessarily mean we're good, it just means that we weren't ding-slapped TODAY.

-HL

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”