Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SanBun

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:51 pm

robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:Wow, robin, your story is so inspiring! If Georgetown rejects you I am going to lose every single ounce of respect I have for that institution.

That goes for you other cool people too- I am so humbled to be in the same batch with all you URMs, non-trads, and generally amazing people!!!

Thanks guys! I'm starting to feel like mother theresa or something.

I don't think they would send reject letters through email because they said all decision related questions can only be addressed through mail or something right?

How long you think the letter will take to get to MI? I hope not monday I don't want to wait the weekend out!

I think you're just getting the admiration you deserve here!

So I just called Gtown admissions and this is the official story:
Acceptances via snail mail
WL and Rejections via e-mail

She did say though that generally it takes about 3 days for either of those decisions to reach you

wootwootdc

Postby wootwootdc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:53 pm

SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:Wow, robin, your story is so inspiring! If Georgetown rejects you I am going to lose every single ounce of respect I have for that institution.

That goes for you other cool people too- I am so humbled to be in the same batch with all you URMs, non-trads, and generally amazing people!!!

I don't think they would send reject letters through email because they said all decision related questions can only be addressed through mail or something right?

How long you think the letter will take to get to MI? I hope not monday I don't want to wait the weekend out!

She did say though that generally it takes about 3 days for either of those decisions to reach you

More excuse for my crackberry addiction?..awesome.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:55 pm

wootwootdc wrote:

just out of curiosity woot, are you a URM?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:57 pm

SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Shit, do I check my email or throw my computer out the window? I'm still undecided!

alm2127

Postby alm2127 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:58 pm

SanBun wrote:
puppins wrote:
SanBun wrote:Yeah me neither! I mean I know I'm no auto-admit but I'd like to think my softs won't get me flat-out rejected, especially after such a short turnaround. Don't know, just waiting for that letter.

I am pretty sure their first batch of URM will not be rejections- they gotta be acceptances at least for the most part

Question: Does Gtown send packages or letters for acceptances? I heard their acceptances are small

Veritas: I recall checking their status yesterday and it was DR 12/1 and Pending, and now it says accepted and updated- could be 12/1 DR still?

Wait, your status page says accepted?

I was talking about this one person's LSN page

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/alm2127
I recall him being on 12/1 DR and pending yesterday

I was just catching up after lunch and saw that i caused some drama :shock: I apologize for the confusion, veritas is right i got DR 11/30 and letter came yesterday.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:58 pm

robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Shit, do I check my email or throw my computer out the window? I'm still undecided!

By the time you have read this response, you will have already checked your e-mail.

wootwootdc

Postby wootwootdc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:00 pm

SanBun wrote:
wootwootdc wrote:

yup...ED-URM

any takes?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 pm

SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote:

By the time you have read this response, you will have already checked your e-mail.

I haven't yet I'm scared!!!! and I got a new message, it's probably spam, but I just can't do it right now.
Last edited by robin600 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 pm

sanbun, your bio is incredible. congrats, are you applying for the global scholars prog?

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:03 pm

wootwootdc wrote:
SanBun wrote:
wootwootdc wrote:

yup...ED-URM

any takes?

considering this seems to be the first bigger movement for EDs, I'd be surprised if you got rejected as a URM (unless your # are super low)

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:04 pm

SanBun wrote:
wootwootdc wrote:
SanBun wrote:
wootwootdc wrote:

yup...ED-URM

any takes?

considering this seems to be the first bigger movement for EDs, I'd be surprised if you got rejected as a URM (unless your # are super low)

i have a feeling wootwootdc is in.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:06 pm

beckstar wrote:sanbun, your bio is incredible. congrats, are you applying for the global scholars prog?

Thanks beckstar, nice to know at least someone likes my softs :)

I was considering applying but from what I understand there are multiple occasions to do so, which is why I just focused on general ls apps for now. Definitely something I would consider though, if Georgetown accepted me, that is. I got decision rendered on 12/1, now just waiting for that mail...

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:07 pm

I have a strong feeling that not a lot of rejections go out this early. maybe a few for those really below 25ths, but not a lot. probably a mix of defferals and acceptances. Why would they reject potentials so quick unless it would demolish their medians?

Now I'm worrying tho because I'm not technically a URM, ahhhh!!! Freaking out start in 5..4.$^&%$^&%$^*^&*$&$^@#%$!

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:Should I ask GULC if they'll also consider me for PT? (FT/ED right now)

...Several people with similar stats as mine have gone DR whereas I got a 12/1 UR update...
I'm guessing this isn't a good sign

If I switch my FT/ED app to FT/PT, will the PT also be binding?

You can ask them to switch it to be considered for both PT and FT, but whatever you get accepted into is binding.

My concern would be that this just screams "back door admittance". Not that there is anything wrong with that, Cognoscenti, as most of the PT class ends up transferring. Am I correct about that last part?

I am so nervous about checking the mail now............... :?

Yes, it would/does come off as gaming the system... ::sigh::
but maybe I'd take that chance than lose out on GULC all together? Mrgh. Emotional roller coaster.
But I'm not sure if I'd want to be PT binding anyway...
Thank you for the perspective!

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 pm

SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Ah crap...I'm going to be hitting my iPhone constantly over the next few days.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:Should I ask GULC if they'll also consider me for PT? (FT/ED right now)

...Several people with similar stats as mine have gone DR whereas I got a 12/1 UR update...
I'm guessing this isn't a good sign

If I switch my FT/ED app to FT/PT, will the PT also be binding?

You can ask them to switch it to be considered for both PT and FT, but whatever you get accepted into is binding.

My concern would be that this just screams "back door admittance". Not that there is anything wrong with that, Cognoscenti, as most of the PT class ends up transferring. Am I correct about that last part?

I am so nervous about checking the mail now............... :?

Yes, it would/does come off as gaming the system... ::sigh::
but maybe I'd take that chance than lose out on GULC all together? Mrgh. Emotional roller coaster.
But I'm not sure if I'd want to be PT binding anyway...
Thank you for the perspective!

If you frame an addendum stating that Georgetown is one of your top choices and you want to go there no matter what it won't sound bad and it will look as if you're very interested/committed in GT. Only do this if you're very interested though.

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:28 pm

SanBun wrote:
beckstar wrote:sanbun, your bio is incredible. congrats, are you applying for the global scholars prog?

Thanks beckstar, nice to know at least someone likes my softs :)

I was considering applying but from what I understand there are multiple occasions to do so, which is why I just focused on general ls apps for now. Definitely something I would consider though, if Georgetown accepted me, that is. I got decision rendered on 12/1, now just waiting for that mail...

oh, you don't know yet? i thought it said "accept" on your lsn. I hope you're in!

I work with political refugees. also, just love fellow polyglots, though i only speak three. i'd love to do the gls prog

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Okay, not only was I terrified to begin with that I'm getting rejected, but reading the last five or so pages of this thread makes me believe that I actually DESERVE to get rejected. You guys are...way more awesome than me.

So that being said, with a 169/3.2 (ugh, which should be a 3.78), ED FT, non-URM, pretty unremarkable softs (ummmm...study abroad? honors society?)...and a DR 12/1...should I call GULC right now and start begging to be considered for the PT program?

boilermaker

Postby boilermaker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:35 pm

I applied PT/ED. I went UR 10/28 and 11/24. No DR yet. 168 and 3.5. Engineering major with MS. What are your guys thoughts?

painsinmysides

Postby painsinmysides » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:40 pm

SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Since many in this batch are ED, do you know what the story is for deferments (email or letter)?

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:55 pm

painsinmysides wrote:Since many in this batch are ED, do you know what the story is for deferments (email or letter)?

my guess would be e-mail

vasiok

Postby vasiok » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 pm

So many who speak 3+ languages here :P

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Going to be a very interesting class profile.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:00 pm

the minutes count down so slowly

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:01 pm

vasiok wrote:So many who speak 3+ languages here :P

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Going to be a very interesting class profile.

true. I have a feeling that Gtown cares more about # than about polyglots :(

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:03 pm

yeah, i agree. unfortch

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”