Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:51 pm

beebs wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
beebs wrote:STILL at complete 11/03. RD, FT/PT

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?


Not under review?


Nope.


I'm not either. Mine's 11/9 though.

User avatar
Jacques
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Jacques » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm

beebs wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
beebs wrote:STILL at complete 11/03. RD, FT/PT

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?


Not under review?


Nope.


There are a couple of people who predate you, even -- October completes that haven't even gone under review. From what I remember, MissLucky is one of them. All PT and RD, I think.
Last edited by Jacques on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:55 pm

ruleser wrote:there are also a number of dr 12/31 pendings whose numbers stink


what do you mean by this?

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:08 pm

I meant lsn has a number of 12/1 dr's with auto-reject #s

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby opus127 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm IN!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It's my first decision, and I'm very happy it's an acceptance!

169/3.9+
Non-trad
Complete 11/9ish
UR 11/20, 11/24
DR 11/30

Good luck to everyone still in limbo!

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:12 pm

eas331 wrote:I'm IN!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It's my first decision, and I'm very happy it's an acceptance!

169/3.9+
Non-trad
Complete 11/9ish
UR 11/20, 11/24
DR 11/30

Good luck to everyone still in limbo!


Congrats!

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:12 pm

eas331 wrote:I'm IN!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It's my first decision, and I'm very happy it's an acceptance!

169/3.9+
Non-trad
Complete 11/9ish
UR 11/20, 11/24
DR 11/30

Good luck to everyone still in limbo!


Grats!

User avatar
hoopsguy6
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby hoopsguy6 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:14 pm

eas331 wrote:I'm IN!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It's my first decision, and I'm very happy it's an acceptance!

169/3.9+
Non-trad
Complete 11/9ish
UR 11/20, 11/24
DR 11/30

Good luck to everyone still in limbo!


I was under review same date as you, so hopefully I'll get my decision soon.

Complete 11/3
UR 11/20
DR soon hopefully!

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:17 pm

eas331 wrote:I'm IN!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It's my first decision, and I'm very happy it's an acceptance!

169/3.9+
Non-trad
Complete 11/9ish
UR 11/20, 11/24
DR 11/30

Good luck to everyone still in limbo!


ED or RD?!

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby opus127 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks! RD.
Oh, and Full-time.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:21 pm

can someone please confirm that rejections and WLs go out by e-mail? PLEASE??

User avatar
brose002
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby brose002 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:23 pm

SanBun wrote:can someone please confirm that rejections and WLs go out by e-mail? PLEASE??

+1, and if so the time frame for said emails.

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby opus127 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:25 pm

brose002 wrote:
SanBun wrote:can someone please confirm that rejections and WLs go out by e-mail? PLEASE??

+1, and if so the time frame for said emails.



I can't confirm, but I recall seeing something earlier in this thread, around the 11/20 DR batch or so, where WL people got e-mails several days later. You might try scrolling back 20 pgs or so. . . .

Good luck!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:26 pm

And I remember, last year, rejections coming in snail mail.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 pm

SanBun wrote:Wow, robin, your story is so inspiring! If Georgetown rejects you I am going to lose every single ounce of respect I have for that institution.

That goes for you other cool people too- I am so humbled to be in the same batch with all you URMs, non-trads, and generally amazing people!!!


Thanks guys! I'm starting to feel like mother theresa or something.

I don't think they would send reject letters through email because they said all decision related questions can only be addressed through mail or something right?

How long you think the letter will take to get to MI? I hope not monday I don't want to wait the weekend out!

Cognoscenti
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Cognoscenti » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:30 pm

Should I ask GULC if they'll also consider me for PT? (FT/ED right now)

...Several people with similar stats as mine have gone DR whereas I got a 12/1 UR update...
I'm guessing this isn't a good sign

If I switch my FT/ED app to FT/PT, will the PT also be binding?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:Should I ask GULC if they'll also consider me for PT? (FT/ED right now)

...Several people with similar stats as mine have gone DR whereas I got a 12/1 UR update...
I'm guessing this isn't a good sign

If I switch my FT/ED app to FT/PT, will the PT also be binding?

You can ask them to switch it to be considered for both PT and FT, but whatever you get accepted into is binding.

sam7711
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sam7711 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

ive been stuck at "application complete" since early november, too.

no idea how to read that. being "under review" i hear is probably overrated, anyway.

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

robin600 wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:Should I ask GULC if they'll also consider me for PT? (FT/ED right now)

...Several people with similar stats as mine have gone DR whereas I got a 12/1 UR update...
I'm guessing this isn't a good sign

If I switch my FT/ED app to FT/PT, will the PT also be binding?

You can ask them to switch it to be considered for both PT and FT, but whatever you get accepted into is binding.


My concern would be that this just screams "back door admittance". Not that there is anything wrong with that, Cognoscenti, as most of the PT class ends up transferring. Am I correct about that last part?

I am so nervous about checking the mail now............... :?

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Whats the general turnover for mail for DC (close to GULC) applicants after they go DR? I know 2 ppl who got it the next day but more generally are people getting it in 2-3 days?

I live blocks from GULC and if I get the letter today I might spare some of us nthe misery of wondering what the DR 12/1 mean..

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby TheSharklord » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:40 pm

eas331 wrote:Thanks! RD.
Oh, and Full-time.


Many congrats to you...fml to me. It's killing me to watch people with later status dates get answers...makes me worried that they're not convinced, but don't want to cut me...I'd *almost* prefer a quick and less painful end to my first foray...

What I really like is a yes. Fex Exed. Yesterday.

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby TheSharklord » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:41 pm

wootwootdc wrote:Whats the general turnover for mail for DC (close to GULC) applicants after they go DR? I know 2 ppl who got it the next day but more generally are people getting it in 2-3 days?

I live blocks from GULC and if I get the letter today I might spare some of us nthe misery of wondering what the DR 12/1 mean..


I dunno if you're getting the letter today...I'm from the DC area originally, but even local stuff takes a little bit...at least 2 days. Out to the hub, and back to the box....

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm resisted for the Dec LSAT applied ED to the PT, du think I have been auto-deferred? UR 11/11 and no movement since...

imisscollege
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby imisscollege » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:47 pm

what happens if a person applies both and gets into both? does gtown ask for you to tell them you don't want PT or do they just assume you don't want PT? What if they think you're good for PT but want to waitlist you for FT? any stories about this happening?

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:49 pm

eas331 wrote:
brose002 wrote:
SanBun wrote:can someone please confirm that rejections and WLs go out by e-mail? PLEASE??

+1, and if so the time frame for said emails.



I can't confirm, but I recall seeing something earlier in this thread, around the 11/20 DR batch or so, where WL people got e-mails several days later. You might try scrolling back 20 pgs or so. . . .

Good luck!



Well this is not def proof, this guy says he was waitlisted via email:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Tesoro/jd




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, BACsop, lillawyer2 and 5 guests