Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby avacado111 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:Good rule of thumb: Our Asian colleagues probably had good numbers considering the ORM status. And, we'll probably want one or two of them in our study groups.....


asians were sooo two pages ago.

User avatar
brose002
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby brose002 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 pm

Can anyone confirm that GULC sends out emails for rejections/waitlists? Is so what time frame are we looking at?

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:27 pm

avacado111 wrote:
SHARK WEEK! wrote:Good rule of thumb: Our Asian colleagues probably had good numbers considering the ORM status. And, we'll probably want one or two of them in our study groups.....


asians were sooo two pages ago.


Seriously.

Don't worry, I always let me white colleagues copy off of me. ;)

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:27 pm

avacado111 wrote:
SHARK WEEK! wrote:Good rule of thumb: Our Asian colleagues probably had good numbers considering the ORM status. And, we'll probably want one or two of them in our study groups.....


asians were sooo two pages ago.

+1

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:30 pm

STOP! lol

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:32 pm

wootwootdc wrote:STOP! lol


I'll stop when I get my WL e-mail, thx please.

autumn80
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby autumn80 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Image

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:32 pm

brose002 wrote:Can anyone confirm that GULC sends out emails for rejections/waitlists? Is so what time frame are we looking at?


Can we get back to THIS? ANOYNE?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:33 pm

autumn80 wrote:Image


LOL

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:36 pm

SanBun wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
SanBun wrote:Good news: A 171/ 3.45 splitter with DR 12/1 just updated to accepted- I guess now we know for sure there are some acceptances in this batch, of splitters in particular


Woot. I don't know why people were flipping out over 12/1 DRs.


Yeah me neither! I mean I know I'm no auto-admit but I'd like to think my softs won't get me flat-out rejected, especially after such a short turnaround. Don't know, just waiting for that letter.

I am pretty sure their first batch of URM will not be rejections- they gotta be acceptances at least for the most part

Question: Does Gtown send packages or letters for acceptances? I heard their acceptances are small

Veritas: I recall checking their status yesterday and it was DR 12/1 and Pending, and now it says accepted and updated- could be 12/1 DR still?



pics of status page? :D :P

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wackjickham » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Who googles "I am pregnant"? What do you expect Google to do about it? Congratulate you?

Same with "I am second"

Oh I guess the Chinese thing is weird too...

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:38 pm

Alright, I am confused about what is going on here people.

DR 12-1. No email = so far, so good?

~168/3.5, applied both PT/FT.

So is the general consensus here that this batch is a lot of PTers and URMs? If so, that might be a good thing considering how freaking early it is... then again, GT has to go through 12,000 apps per cycle, so maybe they chop the head off and get it over with quick? :cry:

Also, people need to drop the racial stuff. It's ridiculous.

-HL

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:38 pm

SanBun wrote:Yeah me neither! I mean I know I'm no auto-admit but I'd like to think my softs won't get me flat-out rejected, especially after such a short turnaround. Don't know, just waiting for that letter.

I am pretty sure their first batch of URM will not be rejections- they gotta be acceptances at least for the most part

Question: Does Gtown send packages or letters for acceptances? I heard their acceptances are small

Veritas: I recall checking their status yesterday and it was DR 12/1 and Pending, and now it says accepted and updated- could be 12/1 DR still?

Wait, your status page says accepted?

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:39 pm

puppins wrote:
SanBun wrote:Yeah me neither! I mean I know I'm no auto-admit but I'd like to think my softs won't get me flat-out rejected, especially after such a short turnaround. Don't know, just waiting for that letter.

I am pretty sure their first batch of URM will not be rejections- they gotta be acceptances at least for the most part

Question: Does Gtown send packages or letters for acceptances? I heard their acceptances are small

Veritas: I recall checking their status yesterday and it was DR 12/1 and Pending, and now it says accepted and updated- could be 12/1 DR still?

Wait, your status page says accepted?


I was talking about this one person's LSN page

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/alm2127
I recall him being on 12/1 DR and pending yesterday

User avatar
initech
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby initech » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Mine went DR yesterday as well and I am neither PT or URM.

I'm expecting a rejection soon.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:42 pm

initech wrote:Mine went DR yesterday as well and I am neither PT or URM.

I'm expecting a rejection soon.


What is your basis for that?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby oneforship » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:43 pm

puppins wrote:
autumn80 wrote:Image


LOL


I checked on Google, and that's actually real. wtf?

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:44 pm

oneforship wrote:
puppins wrote:
autumn80 wrote:Image


LOL


I checked on Google, and that's actually real. wtf?


--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
initech
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby initech » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:45 pm

169/3.5

Great softs, decent WE, but I'm not confident at all in my chances being under the 170 mark.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:45 pm

oneforship wrote:I checked on Google, and that's actually real. wtf?

typing in "no thanks" gives you

No thanks I'm just looking
No thanks I'll eat it here
No thanks I already have a messiah

and, of course

No thanks to you asia cruise


all silly things to google imo.

User avatar
brose002
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby brose002 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 pm

initech wrote:169/3.5

Great softs, decent WE, but I'm not confident at all in my chances being under the 170 mark.


Did you apply PT or FT?

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:47 pm

There is a dr 12/1 accept on lsn that was just updated 3 hours ago - there are also a number of dr 12/31 pendings whose numbers stink

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby beebs » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:49 pm

STILL at complete 11/03. RD, FT/PT

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:50 pm

beebs wrote:STILL at complete 11/03. RD, FT/PT

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?


Not under review?

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby beebs » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:50 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
beebs wrote:STILL at complete 11/03. RD, FT/PT

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?


Not under review?


Nope.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, brinicolec, christinaxcarrie, Houzy, reydingo and 20 guests