Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:33 pm

IN

My first response of the cycle. The small envelope made my heart sink, but it was short lived. DR was 11/30. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby opus127 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:35 pm

The Kim Jong illest wrote:IN

My first response of the cycle. The small envelope made my heart sink, but it was short lived. DR was 11/30. Good luck everyone!


Congrats!

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Hmmm - this is looking like maybe at pt-focused dr - I am >75 lsat, <25 gpa, so could be anything. Overall seems like could be the first reject batch of the year, or maybe wl's

User avatar
SHARK WEEK!
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:41 pm

vasiok wrote:PT - DR tonight.

> 75% for LSAT
close to median for GPA.

:eek:


Which LSAT and GPA medians are you referring to? The PT program's or the student body's at large? I don't think the PT numbers from last year are reliable whatsoever.

I'm seeing a lot of low FT numbers and "competitive" PT numbers going DR 12/1. Hm..

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:41 pm

ruleser wrote:Hmmm - this is looking like maybe at pt-focused dr - I am >75 lsat, <25 gpa, so could be anything. Overall seems like could be the first reject batch of the year, or maybe wl's


:shock: ED by any chance?

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:42 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:
vasiok wrote:PT - DR tonight.

> 75% for LSAT
close to median for GPA.

:eek:


Which LSAT and GPA medians are you referring to? The PT program's or the student body's at large? I don't think the PT numbers from last year are reliable whatsoever.

I'm seeing a lot of low FT numbers and "competitive" PT numbers going DR 12/1. Hm..


PT numbers. For all I know this could be the first (2nd third?) round of rejections.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby NayBoer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:44 pm

It feels weird knowing that we've left the time when all RD decisions are good. That was such a happy and innocent time.

I almost wish I hadn't interviewed, in the hopes that I'd have been DR by 11/30 and therefore IN. Irrational, I know.

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nyskidude » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:45 pm

No interview request here... I'm guessing I should be expecting a rejection?

User avatar
Jackie O
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Jackie O » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:45 pm

The Kim Jong illest wrote:IN

My first response of the cycle. The small envelope made my heart sink, but it was short lived. DR was 11/30. Good luck everyone!


Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, do you live reasonably close to DC?

User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:46 pm

NayBoer wrote:It feels weird knowing that we've left the time when all RD decisions are good. That was such a happy and innocent time.

I almost wish I hadn't interviewed, in the hopes that I'd have been DR by 11/30 and therefore IN. Irrational, I know.


Pretty sure someone in cornell thread said they were PT rejected already.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Rd ft/pt, sumbit about 11/1, ur 11/11, ur again 11/24, dr 12/1

User avatar
SHARK WEEK!
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:54 pm

ruleser wrote:Rd ft/pt, sumbit about 11/1, ur 11/11, ur again 11/24, dr 12/1


ruleser, we moved perfectly together this cycle. like a shark moving through the ocean, and one of those little cleaner fish that swims under the shark.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Anyone who was ur 11/24 still ur?

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:57 pm

I don't mind being a cleaner fish, as long as I'm not a bottom feeder

southxii
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby southxii » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Yes. Me. 166/3.64 URM with STRONG (no kidding) softs. FT not ED. I expected a wait, though.

Thoughts? Leaning towards rejection . . .

EDIT: "Yes" as in i'm still UR 11/24.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby NayBoer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:59 pm

vasiok wrote:
NayBoer wrote:It feels weird knowing that we've left the time when all RD decisions are good. That was such a happy and innocent time.

I almost wish I hadn't interviewed, in the hopes that I'd have been DR by 11/30 and therefore IN. Irrational, I know.


Pretty sure someone in cornell thread said they were PT rejected already.
That doesn't make me feel better.

: P

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CyLaw » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Man. I don't even know what to think anymore about GULC.

FT / RD
Submitted: 9/22
Complete: 10/2
First UR: 10/9
Second UR: 11/24 <-- Still Here

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:07 pm

mellifluouslyso wrote:
The Kim Jong illest wrote:IN

My first response of the cycle. The small envelope made my heart sink, but it was short lived. DR was 11/30. Good luck everyone!


Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, do you live reasonably close to DC?


I live within walking distance of GULC.

dback248
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dback248 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Also still UR since 11/24.

RD/FT 167/3.8

First UR: 10/19

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Well, none of the stats help too much. I guess its one of two things - either a pt/urm accept/wl batch, or a general reject batch.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 pm

ruleser wrote:Well, none of the stats help too much. I guess its one of two things - either a pt/urm accept/wl batch, or a general reject batch.

We'll hear about some of them tomorrow, should be interesting

Cognoscenti
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Cognoscenti » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:40 pm

UR 11/11 -> 11/24 -> 12/1
::freaking out; does not bode well::

Any chance they're waiting for my joint degree decision? I know they say it doesn't matter...but why make me submit the other app simultaneously then? Nevermind, I probably don't make any sense bc I'm busy freaking out...

But a serious/real question-
I applied FT/ED. If I'm rejected/waitlisted, will the adcom consider me for PT upon my request/begging?

User avatar
Jackie O
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Jackie O » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:41 pm

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
mellifluouslyso wrote:
The Kim Jong illest wrote:IN

My first response of the cycle. The small envelope made my heart sink, but it was short lived. DR was 11/30. Good luck everyone!


Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, do you live reasonably close to DC?


I live within walking distance of GULC.


thanks - although I know it's impossible that a letter could have arrived here by regular mail already, knowing that you're all close to DC makes me feel better about my empty mailbox

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:UR 11/11 -> 11/24 -> 12/1

But a serious/real question-
I applied FT/ED. If I'm rejected/waitlisted, will the adcom consider me for PT upon my request/begging?

I was actually wondering the same exact thing. Maybe one of us should find out...idk if I should try to get in there PT or if I should apply ED to GW.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SanBun » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Wait, so I am DR 12/1 too, any chance at all it's an acceptance? UR 11/11, UR 11/24, DR 12/1

I always thought schools generally don't send out huge amounts of rejections this early in the cycle?? Pleeeeeasseee I need one school

P.S. to add to the URM theory, possibly, im an international applicant, while not the same as URM, they may group those in different group as well, and then send out decisions for those?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elcamino4, Google [Bot], hellohalo, Kaziende, MSNbot Media, proteinshake and 17 guests