Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:33 pm

DR, yallz.

Sent 10/30
UR 11/6, 11/19

GPA above 25th, LSAT above 75th. RD.

Very stoked!

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tesoro » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Nobody got mail today?

grr.... going to drive home in 5 and check the box.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby beebs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Still at complete - 11/3

:despair:

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:DR, yallz.

Sent 10/30
UR 11/6, 11/19

GPA above 25th, LSAT above 75th. RD.

Very stoked!


yay status twin!

No reason to believe these aren't acceptances, right? Everyone else who went DR was accepted...

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pikalove » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:59 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:decision rendered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur 11/06, updated 11/19.

any ideas how long the letter will take to get to canada?


I live in Canada and they Fed-exed mine..... that said, it still took a week :(

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby swc65 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 pm

puppins wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:DR, yallz.

Sent 10/30
UR 11/6, 11/19

GPA above 25th, LSAT above 75th. RD.

Very stoked!


yay status twin!

No reason to believe these aren't acceptances, right? Everyone else who went DR was accepted...


Ya on lsn all who went DR at this date were accepted this year and last.

frankjones
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby frankjones » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Has anyone gone DR who went UR 11/18 for the first time?

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kittenmittons » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:05 pm

puppins wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:DR, yallz.

Sent 10/30
UR 11/6, 11/19

GPA above 25th, LSAT above 75th. RD.

Very stoked!


yay status twin!

No reason to believe these aren't acceptances, right? Everyone else who went DR was accepted...


Hmm
Sent 10/22
UR 11/6

Nothing since. I haz a sad

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Besides Zindras, any of those who got DR today are Early Decision?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:07 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
Hmm
Sent 10/22
UR 11/6

Nothing since. I haz a sad

here, haz a kitteh:

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Remember kids, when committing seppuku, always bring a buddy to chop off your head in case you die too slowly.

User avatar
HJO
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby HJO » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:23 pm

PT ED
UR 11/11 and no movement here.

oppotomus
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby oppotomus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 pm

--
Last edited by oppotomus on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby summerschooled » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:26 pm

oppotomus wrote:So is the consensus that a DR today is an acceptance?

I don't know, but I sure hope so.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MissLucky » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27 pm

beebs wrote:Still at complete - 11/3

:despair:


+1

This is getting kind of ridiculous

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27 pm

summerschooled wrote:
oppotomus wrote:So is the consensus that a DR today is an acceptance?

I don't know, but I sure hope so.

it's the consensus amongst this thread.... which doesn't have anyone from admissions posting in it or any real knowledge on the matter. but still!

jocelyne
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jocelyne » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:30 pm

so how long typically for UR to DR?

I am at UR last week..

User avatar
Jacques
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Jacques » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:34 pm

MissLucky wrote:
beebs wrote:Still at complete - 11/3

:despair:


+1

This is getting kind of ridiculous


It's because you both have PT applications. Look at this cycle from last year:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MXL413

Sent: 09-25-08
Received: 09-26-08
Complete: 10-02-08
DECISION: 02-09-09

Ms. Lucky, I know you're ED, but, even with that, it seems that they get to PT applications last. Take a breath and wait a spell, folks.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MissLucky » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Jacques wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
beebs wrote:Still at complete - 11/3

:despair:


+1

This is getting kind of ridiculous


It's because you both have PT applications. Look at this cycle from last year:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MXL413

Sent: 09-25-08
Received: 09-26-08
Complete: 10-02-08
DECISION: 02-09-09

Ms. Lucky, I know you're ED, but, even with that, it seems that they get to PT applications last. Take a breath and wait a spell, folks.


Ooooooooohhh interesting. This makes sense.

Jacques, you are my new best friend.

Thank you! :D

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Foozle » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:40 pm

frankjones wrote:Has anyone gone DR who went UR 11/18 for the first time?

This I want to know.

I went UR 11/18 and haven't gotten DR. I doubt anybody who went UR on that day for the first time will get DR this early.

shwamster
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby shwamster » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:44 pm

MissLucky wrote:
Jacques wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
beebs wrote:Still at complete - 11/3

:despair:


+1

This is getting kind of ridiculous


It's because you both have PT applications. Look at this cycle from last year:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MXL413

Sent: 09-25-08
Received: 09-26-08
Complete: 10-02-08
DECISION: 02-09-09

Ms. Lucky, I know you're ED, but, even with that, it seems that they get to PT applications last. Take a breath and wait a spell, folks.


Ooooooooohhh interesting. This makes sense.

Jacques, you are my new best friend.

Thank you! :D



Not sure about the PT, but perhaps it is the PT/ED combo. They seem to be holding most of the EDers. My guess is they want to clear what they can before Thanksgiving, since they will probably have a mountain of ED apps to make sure the go through by the response deadline. May not make complete sense, but it's a theory.

Complete 10/28
UR 11/11, 11/19
DR 11/24

PT / RD

Numbers are > 75% PT LSAT and < 25% PT GPA

User avatar
phillygovteacher
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby phillygovteacher » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Just went DR today...can't believe it. It took six days. UR for the first time 11/18. DR 11/24. I'm ED so I really don't know what to think at this point. I guess they either really liked me or absolutely hated me.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:24 pm

phillygovteacher wrote:Just went DR today...can't believe it. It took six days. UR for the first time 11/18. DR 11/24. I'm ED so I really don't know what to think at this point. I guess they either really liked me or absolutely hated me.


Like now? or in the morning?

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby umichgrad » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:32 pm

anyone with DR 11/20 get mail today?!??! mine came and nothing from gtown! if i have to go home for thanksgiving without a letter, i will absolutely pee myself.

someone please say you got it today...

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Foozle » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:33 pm

phillygovteacher wrote:Just went DR today...can't believe it. It took six days. UR for the first time 11/18. DR 11/24. I'm ED so I really don't know what to think at this point. I guess they either really liked me or absolutely hated me.

Wow. This is very interesting news. Time to start refreshing the status checker. Also, do you know approx what time you got DR?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, mccracal, siyuanff and 5 guests