Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:02 am

frankjones wrote:
Zindras wrote:Just went to DR 11/24. I'm more than a little nervous!


How long were you guys under review before going DR? I'm UR as of the 18th...I'm guessing I shouldn't expect a decision any time soon?

I think I first went UR on the 6th ish?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby oneforship » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:03 am

puppins wrote:
frankjones wrote:
Zindras wrote:Just went to DR 11/24. I'm more than a little nervous!


How long were you guys under review before going DR? I'm UR as of the 18th...I'm guessing I shouldn't expect a decision any time soon?

I think I first went UR on the 6th ish?


I went under review 10/9. Then updated to UR again on 11/18.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby summerschooled » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:05 am

frankjones wrote:
Zindras wrote:Just went to DR 11/24. I'm more than a little nervous!


How long were you guys under review before going DR? I'm UR as of the 18th...I'm guessing I shouldn't expect a decision any time soon?

Mine was one of the weird ones... UR 11/6, but it showed up 11/12.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 am

any ED Canidates get DR today????

Zindras
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Zindras » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 am

summerschooled wrote:
frankjones wrote:
Zindras wrote:Just went to DR 11/24. I'm more than a little nervous!


How long were you guys under review before going DR? I'm UR as of the 18th...I'm guessing I shouldn't expect a decision any time soon?

Mine was one of the weird ones... UR 11/6, but it showed up 11/12.


Ditto with the 11/6 updating on 11/12, my second update was on 11/20.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tesoro » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 am

Did anyone who got DR on 11/20 get mail yet today and find a GULC letter? I'm leaving work in an hour for vacation and need to figure out if I should be detouring to the house on my way out.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby goodolgil » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 am

Has anyone been requested to interview who wasn't a splitter here?

Zindras
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Zindras » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:11 am

avacado111 wrote:any ED Canidates get DR today????


ED/PT here.

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby letsgojayhawks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:12 am

decision rendered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur 11/06, updated 11/19.

any ideas how long the letter will take to get to canada?

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:13 am

letsgojayhawks wrote:decision rendered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur 11/06, updated 11/19.

any ideas how long the letter will take to get to canada?


Weeks to months - GULC is notorious for sending their letters by horseback.

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby letsgojayhawks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:19 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:decision rendered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur 11/06, updated 11/19.

any ideas how long the letter will take to get to canada?


Weeks to months - GULC is notorious for sending their letters by horseback.


haha. well, based on my experience, that's would actually be more trustworthy than canada post

irishman8062
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby irishman8062 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:22 am

DR 11/24 as well!

UR 11/04 then updated to 11/18

Good luck everyone!

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:25 am

STILL UNDER REVIEW. I had my phone interview w/ an adcomm last Thursday and he said I'll be at DR by this coming Friday. I'm skeptical about them doing a batch tomorrow or on Friday so I'll a little more than perturbed.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:25 am

letsgojayhawks wrote:
The Kim Jong illest wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:decision rendered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur 11/06, updated 11/19.

any ideas how long the letter will take to get to canada?


Weeks to months - GULC is notorious for sending their letters by horseback.


haha. well, based on my experience, that's would actually be more trustworthy than canada post




Mooseback is less reliable than horseback?

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:27 am

irishman8062 wrote:DR 11/24 as well!

UR 11/04 then updated to 11/18

Good luck everyone!


are u ED?

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:28 am

Also DR today (11/24). First went UR 11/6 with that goofy UR refresh on 11/20.


EDIT: I'm RD, FYI.

citydweller09
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby citydweller09 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:31 am

I also went DR today, after going UR 11/06 then 11/19. I'm RD.

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby swc65 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 am

if you went DR this early it is a very good sign. everyone that I have seen who went DR at this time was accepted. They hold the waitlists/rejects for a bit longer. (I also went DR today so maybe i am just trying to convince myself).

UR since 11/6 or 8 i think.

also RD

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:35 am

swc65 wrote:if you went DR this early it is a very good sign. everyone that I have seen who went DR at this time was accepted. They hold the waitlists/rejects for a bit longer. (I also went DR today so maybe i am just trying to convince myself).

UR since 11/6 or 8 i think.

also RD


RD or ED?

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:35 am

ClemCarter wrote:Also DR today (11/24). First went UR 11/6 with that goofy UR refresh on 11/20.


EDIT: I'm RD, FYI.


! excitement!

flowylime
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby flowylime » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:36 am

Still under review here... PT RD as of 10/9, 11/18, and 11/19. Georgetown is such a tease. I'd prefer my rejection in a more timely manner, kthxbai.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dakatz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:37 am

Ugg, still under review since 10/28 with no updates. Guess that means I'm a WL/reject.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CyLaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:42 am

Congrats to all those who went DR today. That should be a good sign as I have not gone DR yet (UR 10/9), and I don't expect the WL/rejects to be until the week I get my DR.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:48 am

UR since 11/11.

/wrists

User avatar
gossipgirl
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby gossipgirl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Decision rendered 11/24!!! Yay!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, mccracal, siyuanff and 6 guests