Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vasiok
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vasiok » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:14 pm

Leaving for my trip tomorrow :o

Bleh...

swams
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby swams » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:37 pm

i actually have no idea when my status changed to decision rendered. but i do live in annapolis, so perhaps that proximity is why i already received mine. :)

goblue2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby goblue2010 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:43 pm

i went decision rendered today as well, hoping it gets here before thanksgiving break.. i'm definitely a borderline candidate (around their 25 percentiles for both ) so i don't think i'll be getting in , maybe waitlist, but i still want to know! arggg!

for those who were admitted (Congrats!) was it just a small envelope? a big packet?

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby starrydecisus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:37 pm

goblue2010 wrote:i went decision rendered today as well, hoping it gets here before thanksgiving break.. i'm definitely a borderline candidate (around their 25 percentiles for both ) so i don't think i'll be getting in , maybe waitlist, but i still want to know! arggg!

for those who were admitted (Congrats!) was it just a small envelope? a big packet?


It's a small envelope. Very nice, looks like an invitation or something. Nice letter. It's not on normal size paper (it's smaller) and the envelope is square

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
goblue2010 wrote:i went decision rendered today as well, hoping it gets here before thanksgiving break.. i'm definitely a borderline candidate (around their 25 percentiles for both ) so i don't think i'll be getting in , maybe waitlist, but i still want to know! arggg!

for those who were admitted (Congrats!) was it just a small envelope? a big packet?


It's a small envelope. Very nice, looks like an invitation or something. Nice letter. It's not on normal size paper (it's smaller) and the envelope is square


It actually is an invitation, if you think about it. For an event that lasts three years.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby avacado111 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 pm

managamy wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:
goblue2010 wrote:i went decision rendered today as well, hoping it gets here before thanksgiving break.. i'm definitely a borderline candidate (around their 25 percentiles for both ) so i don't think i'll be getting in , maybe waitlist, but i still want to know! arggg!

for those who were admitted (Congrats!) was it just a small envelope? a big packet?


It's a small envelope. Very nice, looks like an invitation or something. Nice letter. It's not on normal size paper (it's smaller) and the envelope is square


It actually is an invitation, if you think about it. For an event that lasts three years.


haaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa

goblue2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby goblue2010 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:46 pm

haha, so i'm assuming a denied would look like a different envelope or a normal envelope size???

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:48 pm

goblue2010 wrote:haha, so i'm assuming a denied would look like a different envelope or a normal envelope size???


There's no evidence to support this theory, but I would imagine that a denial would be posted in a normal envelope size.

vmmf
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby vmmf » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:24 am

Is anyone else's status checker not working this morning? Not that they will be updating anything on Saturday..

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:37 am

lsac is down, and the status checkers are run through the lsac site (save for a few exceptions)

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby js87 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:50 pm

In at Georgetown!! Full time, regular decision. For those interested, both my GPA and LSAT (retake) are between median and 75th percentile. I was a retaker though, and my first score was significantly lower. Hopefully that should make some re-takers feel better.

I'm very excited, first acceptance of the year and it's from a great school. Dean Cornblatt wrote a small personal note on the bottom commenting on my personal statement, which I think is a great touch. Good luck to all those waiting!

User avatar
Saya
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:33 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Saya » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:53 pm

js87 wrote:In at Georgetown!! Full time, regular decision. For those interested, both my GPA and LSAT (retake) are between median and 75th percentile. I was a retaker though, and my first score was significantly lower. Hopefully that should make some re-takers feel better.

I'm very excited, first acceptance of the year and it's from a great school. Dean Cornblatt wrote a small personal note on the bottom commenting on my personal statement, which I think is a great touch. Good luck to all those waiting!


Congrats!! :D It's well deserved!

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby umichgrad » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 pm

nothing in the mail today. boo.

monday, maybe?

if the dings come in normal sized envelopes, i'll be sure to let y'all know.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby js87 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Saya wrote:
js87 wrote:In at Georgetown!! Full time, regular decision. For those interested, both my GPA and LSAT (retake) are between median and 75th percentile. I was a retaker though, and my first score was significantly lower. Hopefully that should make some re-takers feel better.

I'm very excited, first acceptance of the year and it's from a great school. Dean Cornblatt wrote a small personal note on the bottom commenting on my personal statement, which I think is a great touch. Good luck to all those waiting!


Congrats!! :D It's well deserved!


Thank you! Does anyone know anything about how Georgetown handles scholarships? Do we apply for them separately? If so, how? I'll probably call Monday to confirm, but if anyone knows already that would be cool too, haha.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tesoro » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:29 pm

umichgrad wrote:nothing in the mail today. boo.

monday, maybe?

if the dings come in normal sized envelopes, i'll be sure to let y'all know.


When did you DR? I had DR yesterday, but haven't even bothered to check the mail today. Status checker indicates that no mail has been sent... I live within a 10 mile radius of GULC.

User avatar
amputatedbrain
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby amputatedbrain » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Damn nothing in the mail today . . . anyone with DR on the West coast gotten anything yet?

jas5076
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jas5076 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:53 pm

If I submit an ED application tomorrow, do you think it will go complete by the december 1st deadline for the decision being given on or by december 15th?

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby galahad85 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:43 pm

jas5076 wrote:If I submit an ED application tomorrow, do you think it will go complete by the december 1st deadline for the decision being given on or by december 15th?


Georgetown is pretty quick with this, so you should be fine. My file only took a few days to go complete.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

In at Georgetown (RD, full time) via the mail! Nice personal note from the Dean, suggesting that my GPA / transcript was the key factor in my admittance.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SilverE2 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:00 am

tesoro wrote:
umichgrad wrote:nothing in the mail today. boo.

monday, maybe?

if the dings come in normal sized envelopes, i'll be sure to let y'all know.


When did you DR? I had DR yesterday, but haven't even bothered to check the mail today. Status checker indicates that no mail has been sent... I live within a 10 mile radius of GULC.


At the bottom of the status checker:

Due to the volume of our correspondence with applicants, Georgetown is unable to post mailing details.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:12 am

amputatedbrain wrote:Damn nothing in the mail today . . . anyone with DR on the West coast gotten anything yet?


I'm in California, DR 11/16, and I got my acceptance letter today.

User avatar
amputatedbrain
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby amputatedbrain » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:48 am

managamy wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:Damn nothing in the mail today . . . anyone with DR on the West coast gotten anything yet?


I'm in California, DR 11/16, and I got my acceptance letter today.


I went DR 11/20 in Washington, so hopefully by mid week then

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:45 am

amputatedbrain wrote:
managamy wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:Damn nothing in the mail today . . . anyone with DR on the West coast gotten anything yet?


I'm in California, DR 11/16, and I got my acceptance letter today.


I went DR 11/20 in Washington, so hopefully by mid week then


Good luck! It's a great sign that they decided as early as this week.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tesoro » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:34 am

SilverE2 wrote:
tesoro wrote:
umichgrad wrote:nothing in the mail today. boo.

monday, maybe?

if the dings come in normal sized envelopes, i'll be sure to let y'all know.


When did you DR? I had DR yesterday, but haven't even bothered to check the mail today. Status checker indicates that no mail has been sent... I live within a 10 mile radius of GULC.


At the bottom of the status checker:

Due to the volume of our correspondence with applicants, Georgetown is unable to post mailing details.


whoops... time to start paying attention to the mailbox then.

somethingclever
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby somethingclever » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:16 pm

UR 10/28 and still NOTHING!!

What could be going on with my application that they can't make up their minds? I'm within their 25-75 for GPA and LSAT. Perhaps it's such a good read they are passing it around the office for all to see.... ARGH. I haven't seen anyone else still waiting who has been under review since 10/28. I applied for public interest scholars but that is supposed to be a totally separate process. What could be the reason?

-Sigh- Back to trying to distract myself with football.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”