Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby beebs » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:27 pm

MissLucky wrote:This surge of under reviews today is really bothering me :(

I went complete 11/3 and still nothing!

I'm ED PT...FWIW


Feel your pain.

Let's have a drink.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MissLucky » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:31 pm

beebs wrote:
MissLucky wrote:This surge of under reviews today is really bothering me :(

I went complete 11/3 and still nothing!

I'm ED PT...FWIW


Feel your pain.

Let's have a drink.


Let's.

*Sigh* Hopefully tomorrow will be our day, Beebs. This status checker insanity has gotten me all vulnerable! :? Glad to have your support though :wink:

Positive vibes.

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Foozle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 pm

MissLucky wrote:
beebs wrote:
MissLucky wrote:This surge of under reviews today is really bothering me :(

I went complete 11/3 and still nothing!

I'm ED PT...FWIW


Feel your pain.

Let's have a drink.


Let's.

*Sigh* Hopefully tomorrow will be our day, Beebs. This status checker insanity has gotten me all vulnerable! :? Glad to have your support though :wink:

Positive vibes.

Oh really?



Just kidding, I'm really not that creepy.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby bighead715 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:00 pm

lmao it is actually amusing regarding the panic stirred by the date change...

especially considering I was one of em...

we will all probably be embarrassed by our endless panic when we eventually get settled into law school...

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MissLucky » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Foozle wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
beebs wrote:
MissLucky wrote:This surge of under reviews today is really bothering me :(

I went complete 11/3 and still nothing!

I'm ED PT...FWIW


Feel your pain.

Let's have a drink.


Let's.

*Sigh* Hopefully tomorrow will be our day, Beebs. This status checker insanity has gotten me all vulnerable! :? Glad to have your support though :wink:

Positive vibes.

Oh really?



Just kidding, I'm really not that creepy.



haha you sneaky devil

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Foozle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:03 pm

bighead715 wrote:lmao it is actually amusing regarding the panic stirred by the date change...

especially considering I was one of em...

we will all probably be embarrassed by our endless panic when we eventually get settled into law school...

Ehh, few things can top the insanity of the LSAT score waiting threads.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby bighead715 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Foozle wrote:
bighead715 wrote:lmao it is actually amusing regarding the panic stirred by the date change...

especially considering I was one of em...

we will all probably be embarrassed by our endless panic when we eventually get settled into law school...

Ehh, few things can top the insanity of the LSAT score waiting threads.


actually lsat waiting was easy for me - i immediately traveled to san diego for drunken insanity for a while...i came back and got the score when I wasnt expecting it

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:43 am

Has anyone who had a decision rendered on Monday (11/16) gotten a letter in the mail yet? Looking for positive omens...

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:49 am

Foozle wrote:
bighead715 wrote:lmao it is actually amusing regarding the panic stirred by the date change...

especially considering I was one of em...

we will all probably be embarrassed by our endless panic when we eventually get settled into law school...

Ehh, few things can top the insanity of the LSAT score waiting threads.

+1 - I took it four times in one year, so four waiting threads in one year. I think that's roughly the same brain damage equivalent of having done 52 hits of acid. It adds up to 1/3 of the year waiting for LSAT scores.

For GULC - Applied last week of Oct, under review since second week of November - and no extraordinary numbers, iffy at best.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:52 am

ruleser wrote:+1 - I took it four times in one year, so four waiting threads in one year. I think that's roughly the same brain damage equivalent of having done 52 hits of acid. It adds up to 1/3 of the year waiting for LSAT scores.

That's not even legal?

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:55 am

crackberry wrote:
ruleser wrote:+1 - I took it four times in one year, so four waiting threads in one year. I think that's roughly the same brain damage equivalent of having done 52 hits of acid. It adds up to 1/3 of the year waiting for LSAT scores.

That's not even legal?

With a waiver from a school it is.

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby TheSharklord » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:04 am

MissLucky wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:
MissLucky wrote:Went complete 11/3 !! :? FOREVER AGO! :shock: Yourself?

This is me.

EDIT: OMG! Never mind!!

Application Under Review
11/18/2009



Went complete 11/3 myself, so this is good news. Still no change, but hopefully tomorrow will be my day. Looking forward to getting ONE of my status checkers to update (suits me right for procrastinating after I got my CCN apps in).

Edit: Scratch that! Went under review at ~ 6:30 pm :D


WTF?!?! IM STILL NOT UNDER REVIEW AND I SUBMITTED 10/28 while people who submitted 11/10 are under review??? WTF....but im happy for you friend ... :)


Went under review yesterday. My first one. it's slightly disturbing how it will now dominate everything I think about for the next however long it takes. I had a fast turnaround too: Complete: 11/12, UR: 11/18. I'm a high-LSAT splitter-URM, FWIW, maybe that helped?

kbo026
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kbo026 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:59 am

.
Last edited by kbo026 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:10 am

kbo026 wrote:under review 11/6, just changed to under review 11/19!

+1

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 am

puppins wrote:
kbo026 wrote:under review 11/6, just changed to under review 11/19!

+1


+2. Yay. DR Monday, maybe?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:15 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
puppins wrote:
kbo026 wrote:under review 11/6, just changed to under review 11/19!

+1


+2. Yay. DR Monday, maybe?

I am going to cry if this is not the case. FYI GULC. You are going to make me cry.

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby letsgojayhawks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:34 am

puppins wrote:
kbo026 wrote:under review 11/6, just changed to under review 11/19!

+1


+1 !! with the exact same dates! I'm reeeally hoping for decision rendered next week

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:09 pm

To those who also just changed from 11/6 to 11/19...do you have admit numbers? I think I've got a good shot but hardly a sure thing. 3.5x and 17x.

I'm just wondering if they're still exclusively rolling out decisions, or if next week could hold the first rejections/waitlists.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6383
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 5ky » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:12 pm

.
Last edited by 5ky on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby letsgojayhawks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:To those who also just changed from 11/6 to 11/19...do you have admit numbers? I think I've got a good shot but hardly a sure thing. 3.5x and 17x.

I'm just wondering if they're still exclusively rolling out decisions, or if next week could hold the first rejections/waitlists.


By no means am I an auto-admit, but I think (hope) that I have a good shot.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:To those who also just changed from 11/6 to 11/19...do you have admit numbers? I think I've got a good shot but hardly a sure thing. 3.5x and 17x.

Above both 75%

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby avacado111 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 pm

maybe they are going to roll our the rejections soon?

Eazy E
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Eazy E » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:05 pm

For the record, I went "under review" on 11/18. Numbers: 3.7/170.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Had my interview w/ an adcomm this morning. She was informative and very nice. It lasted about 30minutes and completely centered around my sub-25% GPA. My status is back to "application under review."

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Emma. » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:31 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Had my interview w/ an adcomm this morning. She was informative and very nice. It lasted about 30minutes and completely centered around my sub-25% GPA. My status is back to "application under review."


Good luck! Hope you get a decision back soon.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, elcamino4, Long shot hero, LtotheB, SNightHighlights and 23 guests