Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Foozle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:00 pm

puppins wrote:
Foozle wrote:If there are any GULC admissions office staff lurking out there, [strike]put me under review[/strike] let me in now, kthx.

Sheesh, talk about being pushy :roll:



:wink:

flowylime
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby flowylime » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:03 pm

also updated to under review 11/18 from under review 10/9. PT, RD, local DC resident but below medians.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:10 pm

flowylime wrote:also updated to under review 11/18 from under review 10/9. PT, RD, local DC resident but below medians.


Below medians for PT or FT? stats?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Foozle wrote:
puppins wrote:
Foozle wrote:If there are any GULC admissions office staff lurking out there, [strike]put me under review[/strike] let me in now, kthx.

Sheesh, talk about being pushy :roll:



:wink:

I am already under review! I have to have demands, duh.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 pm

uggh... i have a feeling this will be a rejection...i just know it... Hopefully not though, please not.....

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby bighead715 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:18 pm

anyone know offhand what their PT medians are?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:20 pm

bighead715 wrote:anyone know offhand what their PT medians are?


I do believe 165, 3.65

flowylime
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby flowylime » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:22 pm

robin600 wrote:
flowylime wrote:also updated to under review 11/18 from under review 10/9. PT, RD, local DC resident but below medians.


Below medians for PT or FT? stats?



both :) 164/3.0, avg softs, work experience

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:24 pm

Edit: nm

Someone tell me this probably won't be a rejection because I'm starting to panic...

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby bighead715 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:29 pm

robin600 wrote:Edit: nm

Someone tell me this probably won't be a rejection because I'm starting to panic...


can i lie?

just kiddin, im in the same boat as you...

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby robin600 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:33 pm

bighead715 wrote:
robin600 wrote:Edit: nm

Someone tell me this probably won't be a rejection because I'm starting to panic...


can i lie?

just kiddin, im in the same boat as you...


So you think these might be rejections then??

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Foozle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:34 pm

robin600 wrote:Edit: nm

Someone tell me this probably won't be a rejection because I'm starting to panic...

They haven't rejected anybody yet right? Stay positive.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby bighead715 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 pm

i have no idea when they roll out rejections

i demand someone to go on LSN and research it! NOW

someone suggested it was a good sign - im right round their Median LSAT/way above 75th GPA for their PT sooooooooooo plz love me GTOWN PLZ

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MissLucky » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:37 pm

robin600 wrote:
bighead715 wrote:anyone know offhand what their PT medians are?


I do believe 165, 3.65


165, 3.62

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pikalove » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:38 pm

bighead715 wrote:i have no idea when they roll out rejections

i demand someone to go on LSN and research it! NOW

someone suggested it was a good sign - im right round their Median LSAT/way above 75th GPA for their PT sooooooooooo plz love me GTOWN PLZ


The first rejections I see are on November 28th.....

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:39 pm

A couple things.

I went complete on 10/19, under review on 10/28, and still under review as of today but the date switched to 11/18. No idea what that means. I applied ED to the full time program only, and am a splitter/borderline candidate at best (169/3.2 + addendum/all semesters above a 3.7 except first two). So I don't know what that means.

Has anyone ED gotten a request for an interview?

And I agree with everyone who is frustrated that RD people are hearing before us, but unfortunately, applying ED puts the adcoms in a position of power, sort of; like, we're not the priority to them because we're already bound to attend, whereas they are eager to snare RD people with money and early acceptances, especially since GULC is sort of a borderline T-14 school.

Also, like I said, I only applied FT but is there a chance they would offer me PT instead? And if so, should I take it over GW and Fordham even though I have no job in DC and nothing to fill my day with?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:39 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:42 pm

sharthree wrote:
pikalove wrote:
bighead715 wrote:i have no idea when they roll out rejections

i demand someone to go on LSN and research it! NOW

someone suggested it was a good sign - im right round their Median LSAT/way above 75th GPA for their PT sooooooooooo plz love me GTOWN PLZ


The first rejections I see are on November 28th.....


+1


+2 But most look like 12/5

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SilverE2 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Still under review 10/20 PT.

Question: Why does Georgetown hate me?

User avatar
strandm2
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby strandm2 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm

js87 wrote:Has anyone who had a DR this monday gotten anything in the mail yet today?


I did not receive anything from Georgetown in the mail. I'm from MI fyi.

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:53 pm

So I've been looking at LSN, which by the way, holds just about zero credibility for me at this point, but it looks like last year the very first acceptance went out 11/17, but every other "yes" went out between 12/04 and 12/15. And the first round of rejections did go out on 11/28, but continued all the way until 12/15. Also, a considerable number of apps were deferred until the middle of Feb.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby crackberry » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:55 pm

jk11287 wrote:So I've been looking at LSN, which by the way, holds just about zero credibility for me at this point, but it looks like last year the very first acceptance went out 11/17, but every other "yes" went out between 12/04 and 12/15. And the first round of rejections did go out on 11/28, but continued all the way until 12/15. Also, a considerable number of apps were deferred until the middle of Feb.

I assume you are only referencing ED apps here?

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Correct, and like I said, it's hardly representative. But I think the moral of the story here is that most of us are going to be waiting until the end.

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:06 pm

jk11287 wrote:So I've been looking at LSN, which by the way, holds just about zero credibility for me at this point, but it looks like last year the very first acceptance went out 11/17, but every other "yes" went out between 12/04 and 12/15. And the first round of rejections did go out on 11/28, but continued all the way until 12/15. Also, a considerable number of apps were deferred until the middle of Feb.


Right and it is noteworthy that for EDs the first bach of acceptances (the 11/17 last yrear) hasn't gone out. So for EDs would they be sending rejections before admitting?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, izha, Lmorina126, potterotter, schocolate and 18 guests