Georgetown 2013/ (2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SanBun

Silver

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Post by SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:58 pm

acecrusher06 wrote:damn that's cruel. wake up monday morning, and see your rejection email waiting for you. :(
again, all this is just my speculation, based on what I observed and believe is reasonable. I know just as little as everyone else, but I definitely think GULC is doing an awful job of making this process as little painful as possible- whether it's e-mail or even mail, you shouldn't have the entire batch waiting for word for almost a week. ( I assume that for mail, they haven't sent anything out since the people in DC area didn't get anything). At this point, even if I get in eventually I would be very careful about committing to the school. While academically great I'm sure, it seems they're just too big to properly handle their administration. Plus, I think it speaks to how respectable (nor not) an institution is when they don't maintain some respect towards rejected applicants. But that's just MO.
Last edited by SanBun on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dionysus

New

Post by Dionysus » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:00 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/catholiclaw

According to this person (listed in additional information), if Gtown doesn't list a deposit amount under fees on their status checker, it means that you got rejected if you're DR. Is this true, or just more speculation?

ilovelawapps

Bronze

Post by ilovelawapps » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Im glad I didnt check my status checker till today, I got DR on 12/1...guess I have a nice rejection email to wake up to tomorrow. Super awesome.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:05 pm

He gives no reason to believe his assumption. Besides, no one who has been accepted or who has gone DR has mentioned seeing a deposit fee. Seeing how everyone here (including me) tends to overanalyze this process, I'm relatively certain that this would have been mentioned.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:07 pm

billyez wrote:He gives no reason to believe his assumption. Besides, no one who has been accepted or who has gone DR has mentioned seeing a deposit fee. Seeing how everyone here (including me) tends to overanalyze this process, I'm relatively certain that this would have been mentioned.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

acecrusher06

Bronze

Post by acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:19 pm

the method suggested to predict acceptances (i.e. lack of deposit mentioned in the status checker) is enough to cause widespread panic on all those who are DR and haven't received their decision yet haha.

mcflooter06

Bronze

Post by mcflooter06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Dionysus wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/catholiclaw

According to this person (listed in additional information), if Gtown doesn't list a deposit amount under fees on their status checker, it means that you got rejected if you're DR. Is this true, or just more speculation?

I was accepted and I don't have a seat deposit on my status checker.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:09 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:

Thanks McFlooter, you just put a hole in the USS: Bitter Pessimism with that comment. :D

We should know one way or the other tomorrow. I think since we haven't received an e-mail yet, and if we don't receive one today, we are pretty well safe, despite the way things may currently look based on the grouping in LSN. I may be wrong, but either way, I think we will be fine. Good luck, everyone!

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Philaw wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:

Thanks McFlooter, you just put a hole in the USS: Bitter Pessimism with that comment. :D

We should know one way or the other tomorrow. I think since we haven't received an e-mail yet, and if we don't receive one today, we are pretty well safe, despite the way things may currently look based on the grouping in LSN. I may be wrong, but either way, I think we will be fine. Good luck, everyone!
I hope you're right

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:20 pm

SanBun wrote:
Philaw wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:

I hope you're right
Me 2, I'm going to be really angry with a straight up rejection. I think I have a good story to tell and for them to wait this long hurts A LOT

autumn80

New

Post by autumn80 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Sigh. I'm calling it a ding for me. Meanwhile my friend's roommate who's a toolbag is going to get in with his 177 and crazy GPA and NO life beyond breaking the curve. Take that for being a number whore school :twisted: :roll: :wink:

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:42 pm

I completely agree that their method of informing students of their decisions speaks really poorly to the school and has left me with a pretty bad first impression of how their sheer size affects their operation.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:49 pm

dakatz wrote:I completely agree that their method of informing students of their decisions speaks really poorly to the school and has left me with a pretty bad first impression of how their sheer size affects their operation.
I don't know, while I couldn't agree more that this process is beyond frustrating, you do have to consider that GULC receives the most applications of literally like any school in the world...so I don't necessarily "blame" them for taking so long. Also, I think I heard that they actually scan the letters for the waitlist/dings into the computer, so I can see that taking a long time. It is stupid though...they just shouldn't update the status checker until their ready, cause it just gives way to absolute chaos and anxiety, as seen in the 122 pages of this thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:51 pm

dakatz wrote:I completely agree that their method of informing students of their decisions speaks really poorly to the school and has left me with a pretty bad first impression of how their sheer size affects their operation.
UVA is completely paperless and the only thing they send via USPS are acceptances. I would rather know immediately (i.e. via email) once a decision is rendered, rather than wait days for the mail to arrive. I know this is how UVA does things because I was WL/Rejected last cycle and accepted this cycle. Also, all HLS WLs and rejects are done via email as well. Surely, that wouldn't give you a bad impression of them?

If you were complaining about the fact that GULC switches someone to DR and then waits a few days to send WL/Hold/Reject email, then I would be in complete agreement with you.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:59 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
UVA is completely paperless and the only thing they send via USPS are acceptances. I would rather know immediately (i.e. via email) once a decision is rendered, rather than wait days for the mail to arrive. I know this is how UVA does things because I was WL/Rejected last cycle and accepted this cycle. Also, all HLS WLs and rejects are done via email as well. Surely, that wouldn't give you a bad impression of them?

If you were complaining about the fact that GULC switches someone to DR and then waits a few days to send WL/Hold/Reject email, then I would be in complete agreement with you.
Yes, its the wait that doesn't seem right. Sending a quick rejection email is completely fine because it gets it over with. But I don't care if you have to send out 1,000 or 1,000,000 emails, it shouldn't say "decision rendered" and then make the kids wait a week. If they send me a nice scanned rejection letter, then at least thats somewhat of an excuse, but I'd rather get a generic rejection email that comes quickly than a personalized rejection scan that takes forever to arrive.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:06 pm

maybe they are taking so long because our opinion of their institution won't really matter when it comes to choosing where we go to school?

just a practical thought.....

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Veritas wrote:maybe they are taking so long because our opinion of their institution won't really matter when it comes to choosing where we go to school?

This.
autumn80 wrote:Sigh. I'm calling it a ding for me. Meanwhile my friend's roommate who's a toolbag is going to get in with his 177 and crazy GPA and NO life beyond breaking the curve. Take that for being a number whore school :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Toolbags always win.
Last edited by MC Southstar on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Meanwhile:

TOUCHDOWN CHARGERS!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Veritas wrote:maybe they are taking so long because our opinion of their institution won't really matter when it comes to choosing where we go to school?

Degree mill that takes forever to send out decisions -> degree mill that won't get you a job ITE.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:13 pm

dakatz wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

Yes, its the wait that doesn't seem right. Sending a quick rejection email is completely fine because it gets it over with. But I don't care if you have to send out 1,000 or 1,000,000 emails, it shouldn't say "decision rendered" and then make the kids wait a week. If they send me a nice scanned rejection letter, then at least thats somewhat of an excuse, but I'd rather get a generic rejection email that comes quickly than a personalized rejection scan that takes forever to arrive.
oh well
Last edited by SanBun on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:15 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:

Degree mill that takes forever to send out decisions -> degree mill that won't get you a job ITE.
I'm praying for Michigan.... :|

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mcflooter06

Bronze

Post by mcflooter06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Philaw wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:

Haha, glad I could help.

I really wish everyone luck!!

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:23 pm

This thread is depressing :lol:

acecrusher06

Bronze

Post by acecrusher06 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 pm

you saying that is depressing.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Nobody has received anything yet, perhaps it's acceptances all around?!?!

Edit: I'm really freaking out though, starting to think I'm not going to law school next year!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”