Georgetown 2013/ (2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SanBun

Silver

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Post by SanBun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:13 pm

jk11287 wrote:Yeah I'm not very optimistic either. On one hand, its great that none of us has received emails, but on the other, nobody has received one so its not like they were sent out and we are all safe.
may I remark that we had a bunch of people, if I recall correctly, who said they had DR 12/1 on this thread. Just because the maybe 5 of us have received nothing (as evidenced in our recent posts about lack of e-mails), doesn't mean nobody from the entire 12/1 batch, of which TLS is only a small part, and of which the regular posters on this thread are even a smaller part, has received a ding or WL email
Just a consideration... But yes, I would be much much more relieved if someone had received an e-mail and not me

ruleser wrote:Above poster said admiss person said Fri or Mon - that sounds like e-mail to me. Mail could come over the weekend, and she wouldn't know exactly when we'd get it (ie a range, not specific days)

I just think it's the time to print and scan. But who knows, there are people just receiving their accepts from 11/30 DR, so could be that there'll be a couple accepts and they were delayed for some reason. More I look more I think there's a least some WL's in the batch and not just all rejects - a girl with the same LSAT and just .2 higher GPA than me just got deferred for PT - if they defer there, I'd think there's a reasonable chance of a WL on this end...
very good point ruleser. I think they're just being dbags and I'm sure they have a 100 lame excuses for doing so. oh well, there's still hope

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:14 pm

ruleser wrote:Above poster said admiss person said Fri or Mon - that sounds like e-mail to me. Mail could come over the weekend, and she wouldn't know exactly when we'd get it (ie a range, not specific days)

I just think it's the time to print and scan. But who knows, there are people just receiving their accepts from 11/30 DR, so could be that there'll be a couple accepts and they were delayed for some reason. More I look more I think there's a least some WL's in the batch and not just all rejects - a girl with the same LSAT and just .2 higher GPA than me just got deferred for PT - if they defer there, I'd think there's a reasonable chance of a WL on this end...
Mail could come over the weekend, but maybe she's thinking business days because their office isn't open on the weekends, and mail doesn't come on sunday. I don't think they'd reject us all anyways, that's a lot of rejections early on. Plus why would they wait till monday to send out the emails anyways?

Also maybe the admissions office doesn't know when exactly they were sent out anyways because they specifically say they don't keep track of mailings.
Last edited by robin600 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:15 pm

I wish they'd waitlist me faster :!:

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:22 pm

No mail / email.

Bummer.

ethnicstudies83

New

Post by ethnicstudies83 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:24 pm

robin600 wrote:
TheSharklord wrote:
Interesting indeed. How about the people who were dinged (if they want to talk about it) how many times did you get a UR update? is it a race to two votes up or down? Maybe people who went UR three times or four times got "Y", "N", "Y", [final approval via review from the dean, because of split vote]? Has anyone gone straight to decision from one UR that wasn't clearly an auto admit or auto ding?
Could be...interesting...
From what I hear, Dean Cornblatt reads every app before an acceptance is sent. If GULC receives ~10,000 apps, could he realistically read each and every one? Gut instinct says no. So, I think only a portion reach his desk after having been reviewed by his staff. Just speculation, but I think if you ever went to "Under Review," you probably have a good shot of an acceptance (or at the very least, a WL or Deferral).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:35 pm

ethnicstudies83 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
TheSharklord wrote:
Interesting indeed. How about the people who were dinged (if they want to talk about it) how many times did you get a UR update? is it a race to two votes up or down? Maybe people who went UR three times or four times got "Y", "N", "Y", [final approval via review from the dean, because of split vote]? Has anyone gone straight to decision from one UR that wasn't clearly an auto admit or auto ding?
Could be...interesting...
From what I hear, Dean Cornblatt reads every app before an acceptance is sent. If GULC receives ~10,000 apps, could he realistically read each and every one? Gut instinct says no. So, I think only a portion reach his desk after having been reviewed by his staff. Just speculation, but I think if you ever went to "Under Review," you probably have a good shot of an acceptance (or at the very least, a WL or Deferral).

Ohh, not everyone goes Under Review even?

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:38 pm

and what do we think going Under Review really late means? I am PT ED and it took me nearly month to go from Complete to Under Review...

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 pm

MissLucky wrote:and what do we think going Under Review really late means? I am PT ED and it took me nearly month to go from Complete to Under Review...
assuming that what we asserted about UR previously is true, it means that maybe the first two people who reviewed your app were indecisive or reached different conclusions about whether to send it to the dean, and then a third person gave the ok. That's just speculation, and even if it's true, from that point on the only thing that would matter is what the dean thinks, so you'd still have a good chance

ChildPlease

New

Post by ChildPlease » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:43 pm

ChildPlease wrote:Does the date changing on my UR mean anything?
Anyone? Should I expect a DR soon or is it meaningless?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:46 pm

MissLucky wrote: Ohh, not everyone goes Under Review even?
can ANYONE confirm this?

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:50 pm

ChildPlease wrote:

I went DR after going to UR 5 times... (or was it 4?)

ChildPlease

New

Post by ChildPlease » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:52 pm

vasiok wrote:
ChildPlease wrote:

I went DR after going to UR 5 times... (or was it 4?)
Thanks

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:57 pm

SanBun wrote:
MissLucky wrote:and what do we think going Under Review really late means? I am PT ED and it took me nearly month to go from Complete to Under Review...
assuming that what we asserted about UR previously is true, it means that maybe the first two people who reviewed your app were indecisive or reached different conclusions about whether to send it to the dean, and then a third person gave the ok. That's just speculation, and even if it's true, from that point on the only thing that would matter is what the dean thinks, so you'd still have a good chance
Thanks...

sigh...

I JUST WANT TO GET IN ALREEAAAADDDDDDDDDDYYYY!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

timertimer61

Bronze

Post by timertimer61 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:58 pm

first time i checked the application status, it was DR already. can you tell if you were "under review" before that? would it still say when it went under review?

mine only has completion date and DR date.
Last edited by timertimer61 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:59 pm

robin600 wrote:
Veritas wrote:I'm not buying it.
somehow i didnt think u would. But your a pessimist and nothing will change your mind at this point anyways.
I'm extremely optimistic, you really have no clue.

While I am an optimistic person, I also like to be realistic with myself about my chances at various schools. I am optimistic that I will be receiving a WL/Ding from GULC. This is based on raw numbers and the group of people who received decisions on 12/1. Precedence has been set by GULC that they send batches of the same decisions at the same time (like with all the acceptances before us).

Will I sit here and try and talk myself into an acceptance or just jump on board and be all "YEEHAW ACCEPTANCES ALL AROUND!!!" ?- no I will not. Would I like an acceptance? Of course I would, but I also want to be honest with myself.

So, don't call me a pessimist and recognize that there is one thing that will change my mind: receiving an acceptance from GULC.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:01 pm

MissLucky wrote: Thanks...

sigh...

are you DR 12/1?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:01 pm

autumn80 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
somehow i didnt think u would. But your a pessimist and nothing will change your mind at this point anyways.
It's hard to stay optimistic after someone has spent sufficient time around these boards and accumulated 11000+ posts. :mrgreen:
WHOA, :wink: I think I've done a pretty good job not turning into a cynical troll *cough*CE2JD*cough*

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:02 pm

I just don't see how this entire batch could be all WLs and rejects... I'm hoping the mail didn't go out until Thursday (very plausible if you ask me) and that Monday will be filled with mailings received (in addition to the emails...)

Hoping.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:I just don't see how this entire batch could be all WLs and rejects... I'm hoping the mail didn't go out until Thursday (very plausible if you ask me) and that Monday will be filled with mailings received (in addition to the emails...)

Hoping.
You better hope, hopeful!!

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:05 pm

SanBun wrote:
MissLucky wrote: Thanks...

sigh...

are you DR 12/1?
Nahh, just UR 12/2

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Veritas wrote:
robin600 wrote:
I'm extremely optimistic, you really have no clue.

While I am an optimistic person, I also like to be realistic with myself about my chances at various schools. I am optimistic that I will be receiving a WL/Ding from GULC. This is based on raw numbers and the group of people who received decisions on 12/1. Precedence has been set by GULC that they send batches of the same decisions at the same time (like with all the acceptances before us).

Will I sit here and try and talk myself into an acceptance or just jump on board and be all "YEEHAW ACCEPTANCES ALL AROUND!!!" ?- no I will not. Would I like an acceptance? Of course I would, but I also want to be honest with myself.

So, don't call me a pessimist and recognize that there is one thing that will change my mind: receiving an acceptance from GULC.
Sorry I didn't mean to offend you, it's just your "i'm not buying it" came across as pessimisstic to me. I'm sorry I misread what you meant by it. No hard feelings?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

UF Gators

Bronze

Post by UF Gators » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Veritas wrote:
autumn80 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
It's hard to stay optimistic after someone has spent sufficient time around these boards and accumulated 11000+ posts. :mrgreen:
WHOA, :wink: I think I've done a pretty good job not turning into a cynical troll *cough*CE2JD*cough*
Wow, you are one of the most happy-go-lucky people on this whole forum. :? I cant imagine why anyone would think you were a pessimist.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:26 pm

I think it was just a misunderstanding and I just apologized in the above post.

Stellar

New

Post by Stellar » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:27 pm

I heart you people.

gilchristh

Bronze

Post by gilchristh » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Stellar wrote:I heart you people.
I heart your avatar :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?