Georgetown 2013/ (2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
robin600

Gold

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Post by robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 pm

SanBun wrote:ok, it's Friday and no mail for me so... I'm gonna get ready for a ding/WL email this weekend. That being said, I want all you guys to know that even if you get an email, you will be accepted to other schools. It's so early in the process and having one school out might actually be nice, cause it's one less thing to worry about and narrows down your the vast # of places you could end up, which personally caused me a lot of anxiety.

I personally understand that the adcoms are pressured by rankings and need the #, but I will still be disappointed if I just get a flat out ding. Same goes for my feelings about some of the people I've met here- you guys are awesome! Keep it up and good news will come! I do, however, think that GULC is more # focused on the spectrum of (top) schools, so don't let this one decision (if it's negative) discourage you !!
But there's no mail from anyone, even in DC today so don't get down, plus they said they don't send emails out on weekends so we will find out saturday or monday. I think we have a shot, let's not become pessimistic peggys

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:ok, it's Friday and no mail for me so... I'm gonna get ready for a ding/WL email this weekend. That being said, I want all you guys to know that even if you get an email, you will be accepted to other schools. It's so early in the process and having one school out might actually be nice, cause it's one less thing to worry about and narrows down your the vast # of places you could end up, which personally caused me a lot of anxiety.

I personally understand that the adcoms are pressured by rankings and need the #, but I will still be disappointed if I just get a flat out ding. Same goes for my feelings about some of the people I've met here- you guys are awesome! Keep it up and good news will come! I do, however, think that GULC is more # focused on the spectrum of (top) schools, so don't let this one decision (if it's negative) discourage you !!
But there's no mail from anyone, even in DC today so don't get down, plus they said they don't send emails out on weekends so we will find out saturday or monday. I think we have a shot, let's not become pessimistic peggys
I'm all for staying optimistic. Thats usually what gets me through things like these. But there are some clear signs that we simply aren't getting admitted if we went DR on 12/1. MANY people with DR on 11/30 got their letters within 1 or 2 days. Don't you think its a little odd that not a single person has gotten anything who went DR on 12/1? Not one single person. Obviously they can get letters out within a day or 2 if they intend to do so. And even if they were slow, the people in the DC area would have something by now. So I hope they get that rejection/WL email out as soon as possible just so we don't have to wonder and worry any more. Like I said, I'd love to stay optimistic, but I'm not sure what sign there is that could possibly lead me to believe that there will be an acceptance coming from G-Town.

Green Crayons

Bronze

Post by Green Crayons » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Green Crayons wrote:My prediction: Welcome to the first wave of dings. :|
I stand by me and what I had to say.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:54 pm

dakatz wrote:
robin600 wrote:

I'm all for staying optimistic. Thats usually what gets me through things like these. But there are some clear signs that we simply aren't getting admitted if we went DR on 12/1. MANY people with DR on 11/30 got their letters within 1 or 2 days. Don't you think its a little odd that not a single person has gotten anything who went DR on 12/1? Not one single person. Obviously they can get letters out within a day or 2 if they intend to do so. And even if they were slow, the people in the DC area would have something by now. So I hope they get that rejection/WL email out as soon as possible just so we don't have to wonder and worry any more. Like I said, I'd love to stay optimistic, but I'm not sure what sign there is that could possibly lead me to believe that there will be an acceptance coming from G-Town.
Maybe for the RDers, but I believe the EDers have a shot still. Think about it. Letters probably didn't go out until 12/2 or 12/3. It takes time for the admissions committee to but acceptances in envelopes address them correctly and send them all out. It probably didn't happen till yesterday...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Green Crayons wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:My prediction: Welcome to the first wave of dings. :|
I stand by me and what I had to say.
+1, I'm kind of over it right now

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 pm

robin600 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Maybe for the RDers, but I believe the EDers have a shot still. Think about it. Letters probably didn't go out until 12/2 or 12/3. It takes time for the admissions committee to but acceptances in envelopes address them correctly and send them all out. It probably didn't happen till yesterday...
I sure hope you are right. I thought I had a good chance at G-Town, and its hard for me to accept that my dream of going there could be over very soon. I applied to a few T14 schools and thought that G-Town may have been my only realistic shot at the T14 aside from Cornell.

sotomayor

New

Post by sotomayor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:57 pm

i absolutely refuse to believe that every single person that went dr on 12/1 has been rejected. this may be denial in its infancy but i just cannot believe that everybody is getting rejected. there are some people who may have unfavorable fates but I cannot believe that everyone is being rejected. i'm a urm with a 168 lsat, went dr 12/1. i would think they would give it a little more consideration (after 4 weeks of review) before they rejected me. other people on here have some impressive stories (i couldn't imagine having to go through multiple surgeries and getting a 4.0, robin). to me this may be a mixed batch but i don't believe everyone is getting rejected.

ask me how my optimism is doing in 72 hours.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:00 pm

sotomayor wrote:i absolutely refuse to believe that every single person that went dr on 12/1 has been rejected. this may be denial in its infancy but i just cannot believe that everybody is getting rejected. there are some people who may have unfavorable fates but I cannot believe that everyone is being rejected. i'm a urm with a 168 lsat, went dr 12/1. i would think they would give it a little more consideration (after 4 weeks of review) before they rejected me. other people on here have some impressive stories (i couldn't imagine having to go through multiple surgeries and getting a 4.0, robin). to me this may be a mixed batch but i don't believe everyone is getting rejected.

Thats a point that keeps running through my head as well. There seemed to be a TON of URM's and splitters amongst those who went DR on 12/1. I also cannot see them rejecting so many highly qualified URM applicants because high URM scores are very hard to come by. Ugg, every time I feel like its over, another part of me tells me there is reason to hope, and so goes this never-ending cycle. Hope this ends soon one way or the other.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Here is a question that may be a little bit off-topic...

How many schools actually send decisions to your listed permanent address rather than your listed current address? I just got a scare because my parents just got a PO Box a month or so ago, and any mail listed to my street address could be returned to sender. I don't want to not get a notification because of this or, god forbid, get accepted and then have that turned into a rejection due to a return to sender... I'd probably have to e-mail each of the many schools that I applied to in order to update that information, too...

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Well, no email so far... This is getting weird.

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 pm

sotomayor wrote:i absolutely refuse to believe that every single person that went dr on 12/1 has been rejected. this may be denial in its infancy but i just cannot believe that everybody is getting rejected. there are some people who may have unfavorable fates but I cannot believe that everyone is being rejected. i'm a urm with a 168 lsat, went dr 12/1. i would think they would give it a little more consideration (after 4 weeks of review) before they rejected me. other people on here have some impressive stories (i couldn't imagine having to go through multiple surgeries and getting a 4.0, robin). to me this may be a mixed batch but i don't believe everyone is getting rejected.

+1

acecrusher06

Bronze

Post by acecrusher06 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 pm

it's gonna be acceptances!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:23 pm

I think you're probably right about URM getting in this cycle, a lot of URM applicants have really good numbers.

But according to LSN, nobody with my numbers (169/3.2) got in ED last year :-(

sotomayor

New

Post by sotomayor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:29 pm

last year isn't this year.

jon6

New

Post by jon6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:31 pm

here's one for optimism: the dean could be waiting to finish writing his special notes on all of our acceptances before sending them out.

beckstar

New

Post by beckstar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:36 pm

i really want you gulc, just do me already, so i can have the kid before i start in the fall.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:40 pm

beckstar wrote:i really want you gulc, just do me already, so i can have the kid before i start in the fall.
You just took the desperate/crazy lover joke to a whole other level.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Oberlion wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:Any EDers UR by 11/11 NOT get DR yet?
Yeah.
3rd that.

I think that we have been auto deferred. I am registered for the LSAT tmrw so that is why I think I've been deferred. Anyone else in the same boat?

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:42 pm

In other news, I totally support Robin's optimism, and I'm on board that ship, in addition to the USS: Already Applied but no Acceptances Yet.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

autumn80

New

Post by autumn80 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 pm

jon6 wrote:here's one for optimism: the dean could be waiting to finish writing his special notes on all of our acceptances before sending them out.
Hell yeah. Considering the number of good softs in this group, Dean Andy is probably writing a novel for every acceptance letter he's sending out.

This is an amazing and realistic spirit lifter. I love you.

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:47 pm

autumn80 wrote:
jon6 wrote:here's one for optimism: the dean could be waiting to finish writing his special notes on all of our acceptances before sending them out.
Hell yeah. Considering the number of good softs in this group, Dean Andy is probably writing a novel for every acceptance letter he's sending out.

This is an amazing and realistic spirit lifter. I love you.
Are you PT ED or FT?

jon6

New

Post by jon6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:49 pm

FT ED here

vasiok

Bronze

Post by vasiok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 pm

It is a valid theory for acceptance notes.... Given the increasing number of applicants... :shock:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”