Georgetown 2013/ (2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Silver

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Post by Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:12 pm

eas331 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:
Ballsy--love it! You'll have to let us know how they respond.
Not that ballsy, given my other offers. I'll let you guys know how they respond on Monday.
Crackberry, did they ever respond?
I'm curious in general if anyone has heard anything since the generic "we'll update you around March 10" e-mail. (I got a follow-up from a real person asking for more info, but no interview or anything.)
Nope, I haven't heard anything. I updated them on a scholarship from another school, but they didn't say anything back. I'm 100% sure that means I'm getting ZIP.

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Quick question to others waiting on PILS... I was given a small merit scholarship, but the deadline to accept is April 1. There is a good chance we may not hear from PILS til April. Anyone else in this situation? What should we do?

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:15 pm

pptmmt wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Mine still says 1/12 :?
what's your numbers? Mine still says 1/8. Part time. :(
I'm PT too 163/4.0 Long shot, but I'm still hopeful.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Kim617 wrote:Crackberry, did they ever respond?
They just sent me this, but it doesn't sound like it was personalized. I'm going to respond with something like, "Unless I am still in the running for close to a full tuition scholarship, I would like to withdraw."

Dear Crackberry:

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to update you on the scholarship process at Georgetown Law.

Although we had hoped to have a more definitive answer for you by now, the Scholarship Committee is still wrestling with the very difficult decision of how to allocate our limited scholarship budget. We have made some preliminary awards, and likely will not be able to extend additional awards until we hear back from those to whom we've made initial offers. If you would like to remain in consideration, please let us know by responding to this email.

We know this is a time of decision-making for you and that finances can be a big part of that. So, if you keep us up to date on your plans and level of interest, we'll do our best to keep you up to date on what's happening on our end.

Thanks again for your patience with this process and let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best,
Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Associate Vice President for Graduate Admissions

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm

I just got this:
I am writing to follow up on your scholarship application for Georgetown Law. At this time, we have made some initial scholarship offers and have designated you as an Alternate. Due to the extremely strong group of applicants this year, we were forced to make some very difficult decisions. However, we are hopeful that we will be able to extend additional scholarship offers to at least some of our small group of Alternates.

For those receiving the initial offers, the response deadline is April 1st. Thus, we will be able to update you by April 8th with more information. We understand that you may be facing decision deadlines at other schools, and appreciate your patience up to this point.
what are the chances of an alternate getting anything?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:57 pm

I just sent this email to GULC:

Hi,

Thank you for the update. In the interest of candor, I would like to tell you what my situation is:

I have been admitted to Stanford Law School. My plan is to go there unless one of the other schools I am interested in (including Georgetown) offers me a full-tuition scholarship, in which case I will reconsider my options. If I am not in the running for a full tuition scholarship (or at least 3/4 tuition), please withdraw my application. I do not want to take the place of another deserving applicant just to be told in late April that I am not getting any scholarship money.

Thank you,
-Crackberry
LSAC #: L12345678

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Cant wait to find out what happens. Good luck crackberry!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:59 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Cant wait to find out what happens. Good luck crackberry!
Got an immediate (though not automated) response telling me they would forward my email to the Scholarship Committee.

Dtackpat75

Bronze

Post by Dtackpat75 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 pm

crackberry wrote:I just sent this email to GULC:

Hi,

Thank you for the update. In the interest of candor, I would like to tell you what my situation is:

I have been admitted to Stanford Law School. My plan is to go there unless one of the other schools I am interested in (including Georgetown) offers me a full-tuition scholarship, in which case I will reconsider my options. If I am not in the running for a full tuition scholarship (or at least 3/4 tuition), please withdraw my application. I do not want to take the place of another deserving applicant just to be told in late April that I am not getting any scholarship money.

Thank you,
-Crackberry
+1 Nice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 pm

crackberry wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Cant wait to find out what happens. Good luck crackberry!
Got an immediate (though not automated) response telling me they would forward my email to the Scholarship Committee.
nice! good luck, either way I suppose

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi,

Thank you,
-Crackberry
"Where is my money?" would have sufficed :D

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi,

Thank you,
-Crackberry
Love it. I just realized I sent them an email without my LSAC #... big deal?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Kim617 wrote:Love it. I just realized I sent them an email without my LSAC #... big deal?
Probably not, no.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:17 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Love it. I just realized I sent them an email without my LSAC #... big deal?
Probably not, no.
I didn't put my number on most of my stuff and it still seemed to have gotten everywhere it was supposed to go... unless you have a very common name you should be good.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:21 pm

sibley wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Probably not, no.
I didn't put my number on most of my stuff and it still seemed to have gotten everywhere it was supposed to go... unless you have a very common name you should be good.
Ha, definitely not. I think there are like 10 people with my last name in the United States, and they're mostly my immediate fam. Thanks!

asdfff

New

Post by asdfff » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Just went decision rendered today. I wasn't able to request login info for the admitted students website. I assume this means I got rejected? Do they email rejection letters or mail them?

musicfor18

Silver

Post by musicfor18 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 pm

asdfff wrote:Just went decision rendered today. I wasn't able to request login info for the admitted students website. I assume this means I got rejected? Do they email rejection letters or mail them?
Same here. :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:05 pm

asdfff wrote:Just went decision rendered today. I wasn't able to request login info for the admitted students website. I assume this means I got rejected? Do they email rejection letters or mail them?
I'm not sure if that matters, yet. I couldn't login until I received my acceptance letter. I think they email rejections and mail acceptances, but the rejections don't come until around the time that the acceptance letters arrive.

GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Also just went to decision rendered.

phonepro

Bronze

Post by phonepro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

musicfor18 wrote:
Same here; but I just got "Decision Rendered" 10 minutes ago... maybe its not updated?

opus127

Bronze

Post by opus127 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 pm

I am also in the "small group of Alternates" for a scholarship. Do you think this is really a small group? I guess it's better than hearing there's no chance for $. . .

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:14 pm

phonepro wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:
Same here; but I just got "Decision Rendered" 10 minutes ago... maybe its not updated?
Anyone know what to make of this?

manwitaplan

New

Post by manwitaplan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:16 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:
phonepro wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:
Anyone know what to make of this?
Yeah, I would like to know the same because I can't log in and I'm pretty bummed...does anyone know if they send the e-mails the day of the 'decision rendered' change?

yeff

Bronze

Post by yeff » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Seems plausible that the back-door route for checking your decision through the admitted students site can be reliably used for only acceptances.

IE, if it works for you, you are definitely in, but if it does not work for you, you are not necessarily out since they may not have added you yet.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself. Since my decision has been rendered six days in the future, anything seems possible.
:lol:

manwitaplan

New

Post by manwitaplan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:19 pm

yeff wrote:Seems plausible that the back-door route for checking your decision through the admitted students site can be reliably used for only acceptances.

IE, if it works for you, you are definitely in, but if it does not work for you, you are not necessarily out since they may not have added you yet.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself. Since my decision has been rendered six days in the future, anything seems possible.
:lol:
what do you mean "decision has been rendered six days in the future"?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”