Georgetown 2013/ (2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jks289

Silver

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Post by jks289 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:12 pm

MeredithGrey wrote:Was granted a deferral. I was a PTer.

good luck to those still waiting
A deferral as in you will be attending PT next year?

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Tue May 04, 2010 3:07 pm

I accepted yesterday at Georgetown!

Very excited. Looking forward to seeing you all there in the fall.

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Wed May 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Did anybody on the regular WL for PT get an email today saying something about how GULC was looking to extend an offer but hadn't heard back from you in a long while and to reply accordingly?

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Neelio wrote:Did anybody on the regular WL for PT get an email today saying something about how GULC was looking to extend an offer but hadn't heard back from you in a long while and to reply accordingly?

i didnt, but that sounds promising for you

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Wed May 05, 2010 5:39 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
Neelio wrote:Did anybody on the regular WL for PT get an email today saying something about how GULC was looking to extend an offer but hadn't heard back from you in a long while and to reply accordingly?

i didnt, but that sounds promising for you
No! But that's seriously awesome for you! Sounds like an acceptance is in the works if you tell them you're interested.

Sigh - this whole RWL, PWL, SPWL designation is very confusing. I'm PWL for PT and have heard zip from GULC (and I've sent 3 LOCIs!), and meanwhile you're RWL and it sounds like they're looking to accept you? Grr.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:51 pm

Interesting. Did you receive the email a few weeks ago asking to confirm your interest? Can you elaborate (or PM) the email? Did they actually say they intended to make an offer?

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Wed May 05, 2010 5:53 pm

jks289 wrote:
Interesting. Did you receive the email a few weeks ago asking to confirm your interest? Can you elaborate (or PM) the email? Did they actually say they intended to make an offer?
On behalf of the Committee on Admissions, I’ve been asked to contact you. Before May 1, the Committee anticipates that we will be making a handful of offers to the part-time program. Since it’s getting late in our cycle, we only are interested in making offers to those that are seriously considering Georgetown as an option. Although the Committee has selected you as someone they would like to consider for one of these spaces, we have not heard from you in quite awhile, and we realize you may have made other plans. If you are interested in being considered, please respond to this e-mail as soon as possible confirming your interest. In the alternative, if you’ve made other plans, please let us know so that we may withdraw you from our waitlist.

Warm Regards,

Sophia Sim

It says "before May 1"- but I didn't get the email until today?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Neelio wrote:
jks289 wrote:
On behalf of the Committee on Admissions, I’ve been asked to contact you. Before May 1, the Committee anticipates that we will be making a handful of offers to the part-time program. Since it’s getting late in our cycle, we only are interested in making offers to those that are seriously considering Georgetown as an option. Although the Committee has selected you as someone they would like to consider for one of these spaces, we have not heard from you in quite awhile, and we realize you may have made other plans. If you are interested in being considered, please respond to this e-mail as soon as possible confirming your interest. In the alternative, if you’ve made other plans, please let us know so that we may withdraw you from our waitlist.

Warm Regards,

Sophia Sim

It says "before May 1"- but I didn't get the email until today?
Thanks for sharing. Sophia just had her last day, so it may have been lost in the transition of her leaving. Sounds like very good news for you though. Congrats!

lsatClay

New

Post by lsatClay » Tue May 18, 2010 3:02 pm

What are my chances of getting any financial aid this late in the process? I'm on the preferred waitlist, but I'm thinking about just withdrawing. With the way I see the economy playing out over the next three years, I really do not want to go into massive debt.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mb88

Bronze

Post by mb88 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:06 pm

There was a strange discrepancy on my student account site yesterday, it said that I was eligible for only 55ishK in student loans (when the estimated cost of living/tuition is 68K according to GradPlus).

When I called about it, the lady on the phone let it slip that it's because I have a Dean's Tuition Grant that hasn't quite been mailed out to me yet. This means two things:

1) For all of you who are admitted and waiting for word on scholarships, you might want to check out the "Awards" section of your myaccess page. The amount of loans you're eligible for may be a sign that a scholarship is in the works.

2) They are still giving out money this late in the year.

pertristis

Bronze

Post by pertristis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:54 pm

They're giving out out still, eh? A week after I was accepted off of the SPWL back in March, I was awarded a scholarship. On the advice of one of the AdComs, I ended up declining the scholarship, as I was still waiting on word from other schools. Said AdCom told me to ask for it back once I had decided to come to GULC.

So I did, and it was declined. Of course, unfortunately for GULC, I ended up receiving an offer from another school the business day before.

Congrats to all who are getting in, and congrats on the scholarships.

Burberry by Burberry

Bronze

Post by Burberry by Burberry » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:28 pm

mb88 wrote:When I called about it, the lady on the phone let it slip that it's because I have a Dean's Tuition Grant that hasn't quite been mailed out to me yet.
The "Dean's Tuition Grant" is need-based aid, not a merit scholarship. The "Law Center Scholarship" is merit-based and is awarded by the admissions committee.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:26 am

sibley wrote: Nope. Discrimination is illegal and when they let in everyone else with my numbers or at least waitlisted them they've got a burden of proof.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is too awesome to be real... flame

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:31 am

Deuce wrote:
sibley wrote: Nope. Discrimination is illegal and when they let in everyone else with my numbers or at least waitlisted them they've got a burden of proof.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you really just bump a 6month old thread?

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:10 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Did you really just bump a 6month old thread?
Oh, Sibley is still an inside joke for some of us 1Ls who were around to read that meltdown last year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”