Georgetown 2013/ (2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Harry Ballsogna

New

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Post by Harry Ballsogna » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 pm

I have much experience working with ADA cases, and I have to say, you are the kind of person that makes it difficult for people with real discrimination cases to be taken seriously.

If anything, the disability that you wrote a diversity statement on would HELP you in law school admissions. You get ding'd with below median stats, average softs at best, and with absolutely no evidence of discrimination.... yet the very thing you do is come here and start spouting off discrimination claims. You seem amazingly comfortable envoking wrath of the A-D-A.

By the way, the burden of proof is not on GULC to show that they did not discriminate against you. You really think the Department of Justice/EEOC are going to operate in a way that allows anyone to make a discrimination claim, and then force the defendent to prove their innocence?

FYI Sibley: A reasonable accomodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't include admission to law school with a sub-par application.

Here are you instructions for filing a discrimination claim under title III of the Americans with Disability Act:
http://www.ada.gov/t3compfm.htm

Good luck!
Last edited by Harry Ballsogna on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:29 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote: I don't care whether you find it offensive. It is. As for your diagnosed ADD, I don't actually believe that. Your conjecture that Sibley is claiming ADHD is just that - conjecture. To come in from a point of ignorance and arrogantly declare your correctness is pretty douchey too, by the way.

I don't give a fuck what you believe. As I said, grow up.

And I never claimed it be anything other than my belief that her "mental disability" is something that isn't actually a disability. Try reading things before you get pissy about it.
RC fail on your part. I said it was YOUR conjecture about SIBLEY's claim. It was. Perhaps you should read *closer* before you get pissy.

I read it just fine. I said it was my belief. You made it sound as if I had stated it as pure fact. I didn't.

Now that we've established that, what exactly is your point?

She's still an idiot and it's still my belief that it's some bullshit "disorder" and not something that in any way substantiates any type of discrimination claim.

So again, what's your point?

DeSilentio2728

Bronze

Post by DeSilentio2728 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Harry Ballsogna wrote:I have much experience working with ADA cases, and I have to say, you are the kind of person that makes it difficult for people with real discrimination cases to be taken seriously.

If anything, the disability that you wrote a diversity statement on would HELP you in law school admissions. You get ding'd with below median stats, average softs at best, and with absolutely no evidence of discrimination.... yet the very thing you do is come here and start spouting off discrimination claims. You seem amazingly comfortable envoking wrath of the A-D-A.

By the way, the burden of proof is not on GULC to show that they did not discriminate against you. You really think the Department of Justice/EEOC are going to operate in a way that allows anyone to make a discrimination claim, and then force the defendent to prove their innocence?

FYI Sibley: A reasonable accomodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't include admission to law school with a sub-par application.

Here are you instructions for filing a discrimination claim under title III of the Americans with Disability Act:
http://www.ada.gov/t3compfm.htm

Good luck!
Valid. Revert back to my knee-jerk reaction statement.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
beef wellington wrote:I assumed you were one of those "ADD isn't real" trolls. If you were just saying it'd be stupid to start a lawsuit over it then I'm inclined to agree. As for sibley, she's had a hard day and I don't see why people seem to enjoy making it worse.

No, it's very real, just not an excuse.

But she's claiming a mental disability is what got her rejected from an "auto admit" T14, so I think what exactly her disability is is relevant.
I think it's relevant too, which is why I specifically said so much earlier. No one said otherwise. You're assuming that it's something 'stupid' (I think that's the word you used - correct me if I'm wrong), whereas I said we shouldn't make assumptions about the nature of her disability, as different disabilities would have different bearings on admissions for obvious reasons.

Again, what's your point? She strikes me as an entitled douchebag. I bet it's a mild case of ADD or something similar that in no way affects her admissions. She's just being a fuckwit.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:34 pm

kalvano wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
beef wellington wrote:I assumed you were one of those "ADD isn't real" trolls. If you were just saying it'd be stupid to start a lawsuit over it then I'm inclined to agree. As for sibley, she's had a hard day and I don't see why people seem to enjoy making it worse.

No, it's very real, just not an excuse.

But she's claiming a mental disability is what got her rejected from an "auto admit" T14, so I think what exactly her disability is is relevant.
I think it's relevant too, which is why I specifically said so much earlier. No one said otherwise. You're assuming that it's something 'stupid' (I think that's the word you used - correct me if I'm wrong), whereas I said we shouldn't make assumptions about the nature of her disability, as different disabilities would have different bearings on admissions for obvious reasons.

Again, what's your point? She strikes me as an entitled douchebag. I bet it's a mild case of ADD or something similar that in no way affects her admissions. She's just being a fuckwit.
No one cares about what you think her disability is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote: Again, what's your point? She strikes me as an entitled douchebag. I bet it's a mild case of ADD or something similar that in no way affects her admissions. She's just being a fuckwit.
You have no cogent or relevant thought to add to the discussion, so you just call her names, and you ask what *my* point is?
tbf, this discussion does not warrant relevant comments, or make them possible.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tycho_brahe

New

Post by tycho_brahe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 pm

People need to calm down. The only thing sibley is at fault for is oversharing, and an over-dependence on TLS for emotional support after receiving some bad news. She shouldn't have come on the board and expected sympathy, and TLSers shouldn't really be criticizing a situation that they know little about.

This is why the internet is stupid sometimes.

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:47 pm

tycho_brahe wrote:People need to calm down. The only thing sibley is at fault for is oversharing, and an over-dependence on TLS for emotional support after receiving some bad news. She shouldn't have come on the board and expected sympathy, and TLSers shouldn't really be criticizing a situation that they know little about.

accusing gulc of discrimination without warrant is okay? because that's how this started.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Can we take the Georgetown thread back now, and talk about GULC again? I miss that.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:49 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote: Fair point. I didn't intend it to be read as such - so I shouldn't have put them back to back. Your doucheyness about being "correct" was about the assumption that, regardless of not knowing all of the facts, there was no way that there was discrimination involved.

I didn't say anything about discrimination. I said she's a self-rigteous, self-entitled spoiled brat. Her discrimination claim is ridiculous. All GULC would have to do is point to the sub-par GPA and case over.

Any rational person could see this. Most here do, with a few exceptions...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:51 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote: You win this thread.
Validation feels good, thanks.

amolson04

New

Post by amolson04 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:52 pm

calicocat wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
This I agree with. I also think that it's a little presumptuous of people to assume that they know all of the details and that there's no way discrimination could have been involved.
It's not dude. Come on.
I don't think it's likely, but I'm not willing to totally discount the possibility with almost no information at my disposal.
The scores are information enough. In NO school are splitters an auto-admit.
+ 1.

blackmamba76

Bronze

Post by blackmamba76 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:57 pm

kalvano wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote: Fair point. I didn't intend it to be read as such - so I shouldn't have put them back to back. Your doucheyness about being "correct" was about the assumption that, regardless of not knowing all of the facts, there was no way that there was discrimination involved.

I didn't say anything about discrimination. I said she's a self-rigteous, self-entitled spoiled brat. Her discrimination claim is ridiculous. All GULC would have to do is point to the sub-par GPA and case over.

Any rational person could see this. Most here do, with a few exceptions...
That still does NOT give you the audacity to call her an idiot or self diagnose her disability as stupid, you need to get over yourself and stop judging people when you have not walked an inch in their shoes.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Unitas wrote:This should be let go. Nothing else will come out of this situation. Hopefully she'll come back on later chipper and going to work on her other options. Besides that nothing else can come of this.

Sorry for all the dings today...
lol. yeah I had a three hour nap. I'm feeling un-chipper currently, which might have something to do with this very gross fish taco that is supposed to be my dinner, but am amused that I started some huge debate. and I'm amused that I guess now I'm the same person as saintc.

I haven't got ADD or ADHD. I'm going to ignore the disability v. disorder argument just because it'd be a long and convoluted one.

saintc, beef, mamba whoever else is taking my side in this... thanks. don't worry about it -I was aware people'd have some sort of freak-out session in reaction to my own (I wasn't expecting sympathy for that post...)

kalvano, by posting that other thread I didn't mean to suggest that I was an auto admit. I just thought that someone with that sort of situation would have a stronger case than my own and I was interested in seeing if anyone had any situation like that existed after one person pmed me about an incident that happened to them.

To the person who pasted the Title 3 link despite thinking I'm nuts - thanks =) I've got the link already and will use it if I'm not satisfied with the dean's response to my email (for the record, my satisfaction doesn't rely on him saying "k, we'll let you in" by the way)

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:09 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
I didn't say anything about discrimination. I said she's a self-rigteous, self-entitled spoiled brat. Her discrimination claim is ridiculous.
Yes. You name called and made no relevant points, except to inject your opinion on the quality of another human being. Kind of douchey, dude.

Oh no. I called her names?

And I offered an opinion in a thread full of opinions? God no. Anything but that.

You supported someone who was acting like a douchebag. Kind of douchey, dude.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:14 pm

kalvano wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
I didn't say anything about discrimination. I said she's a self-rigteous, self-entitled spoiled brat. Her discrimination claim is ridiculous.
Yes. You name called and made no relevant points, except to inject your opinion on the quality of another human being. Kind of douchey, dude.

And I offered an opinion in a thread full of opinions? God no. Anything but that.

Grow up.

Harry Ballsogna

New

Post by Harry Ballsogna » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 pm

sibley wrote:
Unitas wrote:This should be let go. Nothing else will come out of this situation. Hopefully she'll come back on later chipper and going to work on her other options. Besides that nothing else can come of this.

Sorry for all the dings today...
lol. yeah I had a three hour nap. I'm feeling un-chipper currently, which might have something to do with this very gross fish taco that is supposed to be my dinner, but am amused that I started some huge debate. and I'm amused that I guess now I'm the same person as saintc.

I haven't got ADD or ADHD. I'm going to ignore the disability v. disorder argument just because it'd be a long and convoluted one.

saintc, beef, mamba whoever else is taking my side in this... thanks. don't worry about it -I was aware people'd have some sort of freak-out session in reaction to my own (I wasn't expecting sympathy for that post...)

kalvano, by posting that other thread I didn't mean to suggest that I was an auto admit. I just thought that someone with that sort of situation would have a stronger case than my own and I was interested in seeing if anyone had any situation like that existed after one person pmed me about an incident that happened to them.

To the person who pasted the Title 3 link despite thinking I'm nuts - thanks =) I've got the link already and will use it if I'm not satisfied with the dean's response to my email (for the record, my satisfaction doesn't rely on him saying "k, we'll let you in" by the way)

You're not nuts, you're just self-entitled to think that your rejection from GULC warrants an explanation from the Dean because you have a disability.

This isn't an "incident." It's rejection due to underqualification.

Hey! I've got another link for you to read while you wait for the Dean to reply.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/archiveada/

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 pm

beef wellington wrote:Grow up.

Such crushing wit.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Harry Ballsogna wrote: You're not nuts, you're just self-entitled to think that your rejection from GULC warrants an explanation from the Dean because you have a disability.

This isn't an "incident." It's rejection due to underqualification.

Hey! I've got another link for you to read while you wait for the Dean to reply.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/archiveada/
Damn Georgetown for making me like them more while I'm hating them.

edit to add that I agree I'm being self-entitled. But I do deserve an explanation (something I learned from Cardozo's fake housing class)... and I mean, wouldn't you want to be sure if it was you?
Last edited by sibley on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackmamba76

Bronze

Post by blackmamba76 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:21 pm

kalvano wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote:

You didn't offer an opinion, you made conclusions just in case you don't or didn't know, there is a difference mr. know-it-all.

tycho_brahe

New

Post by tycho_brahe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:22 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
tycho_brahe wrote:People need to calm down. The only thing sibley is at fault for is oversharing, and an over-dependence on TLS for emotional support after receiving some bad news. She shouldn't have come on the board and expected sympathy, and TLSers shouldn't really be criticizing a situation that they know little about.

accusing gulc of discrimination without warrant is okay? because that's how this started.
do you respond to every suspect and possibly crazy claim you read on message boards and blog comment sections?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”