U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby texasgirl22 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:11 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:
clevinger33 wrote:
texasgirl22 wrote:i hope there are a lot of high lsat splitters who went ED to compensate for my kind of reverse splitter status. i have so many possible scenarios running through my head....


We should've applied in tandem. . . I'll give you a couple of LSAT points for a couple of tenths. . . deal?


I think a couple LSAT points are worth more than a couple tenths, 1:2 ratio or no deal. Oh wait, I'm normal splitter ;) AFAIK, there's more grade inflation than there is LSAT inflation, so you might not have that advantage, texasgirl. Who knows what kind of people apply ED to Penn though, LSN has a very small sample size.



yeah i have to agree :(

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:14 am

texasgirl22 wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
clevinger33 wrote:
texasgirl22 wrote:i hope there are a lot of high lsat splitters who went ED to compensate for my kind of reverse splitter status. i have so many possible scenarios running through my head....


We should've applied in tandem. . . I'll give you a couple of LSAT points for a couple of tenths. . . deal?


I think a couple LSAT points are worth more than a couple tenths, 1:2 ratio or no deal. Oh wait, I'm normal splitter ;) AFAIK, there's more grade inflation than there is LSAT inflation, so you might not have that advantage, texasgirl. Who knows what kind of people apply ED to Penn though, LSN has a very small sample size.



yeah i have to agree :(


These new facts bring me hope.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:08 am

Has anyone else not had their under review date change at all? Mine still says 11/6...the same it always has. Is this a bad sign?

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:These new facts bring me hope.


Dude, you have a 175/3.5, aren't you like more in danger of getting YP'ed?

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:13 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:
The Kim Jong illest wrote:These new facts bring me hope.


Dude, you have a 175/3.5, aren't you like more in danger of getting YP'ed?


ED. Just let me be nervous, ok? I'm a low expectations kinda guy.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:17 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
The Kim Jong illest wrote:These new facts bring me hope.


Dude, you have a 175/3.5, aren't you like more in danger of getting YP'ed?


ED. Just let me be nervous, ok? I'm a low expectations kinda guy.


You ED'ed to Penn?! You have CLS on down RD, save YP schools.

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:20 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:
The Kim Jong illest wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
The Kim Jong illest wrote:These new facts bring me hope.


Dude, you have a 175/3.5, aren't you like more in danger of getting YP'ed?


ED. Just let me be nervous, ok? I'm a low expectations kinda guy.


You ED'ed to Penn?! You have CLS on down RD, save YP schools.


Philadelphia holds many advantages for me. It was really between Penn and NYU in the end. I'm probably WL at CLS, maybe in at Chicago, probably in at NYU. Penn was my clear favorite. Get off my back, rank whores!

Edit: the biggest issue for me re: ED was the outside chance that Penn might throw me money.

texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby texasgirl22 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 am

blhoward2 wrote:Has anyone else not had their under review date change at all? Mine still says 11/6...the same it always has. Is this a bad sign?


it might be a good sign....as in auto-admit? mine changed 3 times in 4 business days...i cringe to think what that might mean. i didn't know there were so many ED to penn...

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:26 am

blhoward2 wrote:Has anyone else not had their under review date change at all? Mine still says 11/6...the same it always has. Is this a bad sign?


Mine has been 11/5 the whole time, too. I don't see why it would be bad. Good? Eh, I guess texasgirl might be right, but who knows.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27 am

I'm jumping on the North Korean boat and hoping that his good numbers mean whatever he gets is good. :shock:

User avatar
x47point6
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby x47point6 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:35 am

There were some ED acceptances the day before Thanksgiving last year, no?

alm2127
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby alm2127 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:39 am

There were. On penn's website they claim they won't be notifying anyone this week b/c the office is closed, but i was looking at last year's threads, and considering people got phone calls on christmas eve last year (when their office was definitely closed), who knows maybe some of us will be hearing good news.

x47point6 wrote:There were some ED acceptances the day before Thanksgiving last year, no?

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:10 pm

alm2127 wrote:There were. On penn's website they claim they won't be notifying anyone this week b/c the office is closed, but i was looking at last year's threads, and considering people got phone calls on christmas eve last year (when their office was definitely closed), who knows maybe some of us will be hearing good news.

x47point6 wrote:There were some ED acceptances the day before Thanksgiving last year, no?


If they say they won't be notifying this week, I don't see why they'd be lying. The bulk is probably much larger than last year.

louboutin
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:11 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby louboutin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:15 pm

been complete for 14 days and still not under review. RD. normal?

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:52 pm

louboutin wrote:been complete for 14 days and still not under review. RD. normal?


Same boat my friend. Apparently we are in the "queue".

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:03 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
louboutin wrote:been complete for 14 days and still not under review. RD. normal?


Same boat my friend. Apparently we are in the "queue".


I was complete for a little longer than 2 weeks before going under review last Friday.

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby ankit » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:36 pm

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:Has anyone else not had their under review date change at all? Mine still says 11/6...the same it always has. Is this a bad sign?


Mine has been 11/5 the whole time, too. I don't see why it would be bad. Good? Eh, I guess texasgirl might be right, but who knows.


Mine has been stuck at 10/29 from the beginning, but I really doubt these date changes mean much. We just wait I suppose....

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby bowie8285 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:11 am

think we'll get any phone calls today? this suspense is killing me

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:20 am

bowie8285 wrote:think we'll get any phone calls today? this suspense is killing me


They said on their website no decisions will be released this week, so I really doubt it...

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:24 am

blhoward2 wrote:Has anyone else not had their under review date change at all? Mine still says 11/6...the same it always has. Is this a bad sign?

I don't really remember if mine has changed, but I feel like it hasn't. I think I've been at 11/17 the whole time. I stayed at "complete" forever though.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:25 am

I wrote a Why Penn and Influential work.

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby irie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:26 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
You ED'ed to Penn?! You have CLS on down RD, save YP schools.


Philadelphia holds many advantages for me. It was really between Penn and NYU in the end. I'm probably WL at CLS, maybe in at Chicago, probably in at NYU. Penn was my clear favorite. Get off my back, rank whores!

Edit: the biggest issue for me re: ED was the outside chance that Penn might throw me money.


we have the exact same numbers. i think you couldve gotten into upenn RD, as well as NYU, maybe with a small scholarship at one of the two. but i'm partially glad you aren't directly competing against me for cls :lol:

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:I wrote a Why Penn and Influential work.


I think you get points from them for not submitting an influential work essay that just says "are you kidding me with this shit?"

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:34 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:I wrote a Why Penn and Influential work.


I think you get points from them for not submitting an influential work essay that just says "are you kidding me with this shit?"


I wrote about Ninja Warrior, and how I wanted to sue the producers because it slandered my Ninja traditions.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:I wrote a Why Penn and Influential work.


I think you get points from them for not submitting an influential work essay that just says "are you kidding me with this shit?"

lol seriously.

Though I am probably going to start drafting that essay when I am inevitably put on the WL.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hellohalo, Houzy, malysh, MSNbot Media, spursforever, zeglo and 18 guests