U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:12 pm

SteakEmUp wrote:This marks the second time in the past few days that Penn has provided an answer to a topic being pondered on this forum (first about updated status checker, now about first wave of decisions).

Coincidence? Or are these an indication that they follow what's happening on TLS?


That's what I was thinkin.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby oneforship » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:14 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
SteakEmUp wrote:This marks the second time in the past few days that Penn has provided an answer to a topic being pondered on this forum (first about updated status checker, now about first wave of decisions).

Coincidence? Or are these an indication that they follow what's happening on TLS?


That's what I was thinkin.


Or a response to hundreds of neurotic phone calls.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby summerschooled » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:17 pm

oneforship wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
SteakEmUp wrote:This marks the second time in the past few days that Penn has provided an answer to a topic being pondered on this forum (first about updated status checker, now about first wave of decisions).

Coincidence? Or are these an indication that they follow what's happening on TLS?


That's what I was thinkin.


Or a response to hundreds of neurotic phone calls.

You mean TLS isn't the center of the universe? No!

texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby texasgirl22 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Under committee review again 11/23..so maybe they're looking today?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby 02082010 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm

texasgirl22 wrote:Under committee review again 11/23..so maybe they're looking today?


An adcomm accessing your file from home is not inconsistent with their claim that the Committee will not be meeting nor issuing decisions this week.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby panadera » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
texasgirl22 wrote:Under committee review again 11/23..so maybe they're looking today?


An adcomm accessing your file from home is not inconsistent with their claim that the Committee will not be meeting nor issuing decisions this week.

Oh voice of reason. Deep down I appreciate you, but on the surface I wanted the note to stop people from asking so they can surprise us on Wed.

texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby texasgirl22 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 pm

kpd-m wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
texasgirl22 wrote:Under committee review again 11/23..so maybe they're looking today?


An adcomm accessing your file from home is not inconsistent with their claim that the Committee will not be meeting nor issuing decisions this week.

Oh voice of reason. Deep down I appreciate you, but on the surface I wanted the note to stop people from asking so they can surprise us on Wed.



oh sorrrry...i think when i visited penn bayrex said at least 3 people review each app....that was my third update, i'm just freaking out

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

oh wow i definitely haven't had 3 updates.

texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby texasgirl22 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:28 pm

when did you apply? i applied last minute, 11/15. think i went complete 11/17. under review 11/18, 11/19, and 11/23. i dont know if that's a good sign or a bad sign :?

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:29 pm

i applied about a month ago

texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby texasgirl22 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:31 pm

how many times did your status update?....i'm scared now

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:41 pm

twice. [To indulge my more neurotic side] Maybe it is better to have gone though three updates, because two updates may mean you've been auto rejected (or auto-admitted, but I don't have auto-admit numbers).

Ok enough speculating... back to the waiting game

roxy8338
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby roxy8338 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Definitely making me nervous since the two people with three updates have higher stats than me...

frix0803
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby frix0803 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Went complete on 11/5, Review since 11/06 (no date changes since then): if this means anything--though i doubt that it does--it must be either auto-admit or -reject. I hope for the former. Good luck to all.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Texasgirl is the only person i've encountered with 3 updates. Who was the second person?

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Lurkster » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Complete last week, UCR two days later, updated today. :|

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Soo... is there any kind of historical precedent or consensus on whether or not early movement is a good thing? Complete since 11/9, under review 11/11, nothing since then.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby dakatz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:22 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:Soo... is there any kind of historical precedent or consensus on whether or not early movement is a good thing? Complete since 11/9, under review 11/11, nothing since then.


Highly doubt it. I went UR very soon after going complete, and my numbers make Penn a pretty high reach for me.

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby bowie8285 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:28 pm

i went complete over a month ago and since then have been contacted by the adcom regarding my application but since then my status has not updated....can this possible mean they didn't access my file after that? surely someone must have reviewed it after i answered their questions

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Lurkster » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:32 pm

dakatz wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:Soo... is there any kind of historical precedent or consensus on whether or not early movement is a good thing? Complete since 11/9, under review 11/11, nothing since then.


Highly doubt it. I went UR very soon after going complete, and my numbers make Penn a pretty high reach for me.


Pure conjecture. I'd like to think my numbers give me a very good shot.

texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby texasgirl22 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:39 pm

i hope there are a lot of high lsat splitters who went ED to compensate for my kind of reverse splitter status. i have so many possible scenarios running through my head....

User avatar
clevinger33
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:48 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby clevinger33 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 am

texasgirl22 wrote:i hope there are a lot of high lsat splitters who went ED to compensate for my kind of reverse splitter status. i have so many possible scenarios running through my head....


We should've applied in tandem. . . I'll give you a couple of LSAT points for a couple of tenths. . . deal?

texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby texasgirl22 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

haha deal!

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:02 am

clevinger33 wrote:
texasgirl22 wrote:i hope there are a lot of high lsat splitters who went ED to compensate for my kind of reverse splitter status. i have so many possible scenarios running through my head....


We should've applied in tandem. . . I'll give you a couple of LSAT points for a couple of tenths. . . deal?


I think a couple LSAT points are worth more than a couple tenths, 1:2 ratio or no deal. Oh wait, I'm normal splitter ;) AFAIK, there's more grade inflation than there is LSAT inflation, so you might not have that advantage, texasgirl. Who knows what kind of people apply ED to Penn though, LSN has a very small sample size.

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 am

Anyone else get even more stressed when they know they are still under review but see that this thread has been bumped? My gut instinct is always "acceptances have gone out, I have been rejected."




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Dodocogon, potatocowpower, Purple Post It Note, uhwrestler and 11 guests