U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:38 pm

lawschool10124 wrote:Withdraw!!!! The rest of us are waiting with bated breath for a spot! :(


Believe me, I am not taking up anyone's spot lol nor slowing down the process. I would be more than willing to withdraw for a full refund though. No reason these law schools shouldn't operate more like businesses in that regard.

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:42 pm

lawschool10124 wrote:ps - lawschoolll, did you call Penn to ask about the deadline? So curious!


Been trying all day. Their voicemail system has picked up every time.

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 pm

lawschoollll wrote:
lawschool10124 wrote:ps - lawschoolll, did you call Penn to ask about the deadline? So curious!


Been trying all day. Their voicemail system has picked up every time.

someone finally picked up. she said my file was under review, and that the committee should make a decision by Friday. told her that i had deadlines on friday. she said she would let them know, but couldn't promise it would actually affect the timeframe.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

lawschoollll wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:
lawschool10124 wrote:ps - lawschoolll, did you call Penn to ask about the deadline? So curious!


Been trying all day. Their voicemail system has picked up every time.

someone finally picked up. she said my file was under review, and that the committee should make a decision by Friday. told her that i had deadlines on friday. she said she would let them know, but couldn't promise it would actually affect the timeframe.


Thanks for the info! Only 3 more days of asking to has decision, yay!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Woo waitlisted finally. MVP waitlist trifecta secured!

User avatar
DarkwingDick
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby DarkwingDick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:14 pm

And.. denied. Good luck, all!

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby pertristis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Just got my waitlist email.

Time to start riding these waitlists out.

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby mebeSajid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:10 am

Waitlisted yesterday. How is Penn regarding their waitlist - do they let people in, or is it just a "soft" rejection?

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 am

Waitlisted last night. No surprise this late in the cycle I guess.

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby pertristis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm

mebeSajid wrote:Waitlisted yesterday. How is Penn regarding their waitlist - do they let people in, or is it just a "soft" rejection?


The word on this thread is that Penn generally liberally draws from its waiting list. Checking LSN the past four years, this certainly seems to be the case. Other than last year, when there wasn't a whole lot of activity, there was heavy WL activity. In '09 and '06, the activity was mainly releasing candidates to shore up GPA medians. In '07 and '08, the activity was far more general: multiple types of numbers were getting released off the WL.

For what it's worth, of the 21 people on LSN claiming they will attend Penn, the median LSAT is 171 (25th/75th 170/172) and the median GPA is 3.73 (25th/75th 3.46/3.89). These numbers are highly unrepresentative, as they only encompass 8% of the incoming class. With that said, the median LSAT is above last year's by 1 point, whilst the median GPA is .07 below last year. Take this with a grain of salt.

AdamatUCF
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby AdamatUCF » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:36 pm

After going UR twice, finally dinged yesterday. 171 and ~3.3 I was expecting a WL. I thought I might be on the border between WL/Accept, not WL/Ding.


:(

User avatar
peyso
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby peyso » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:20 pm

Waitlist via Email yesterday. I'm so how happy to have made it this far yet upset that it took so long to make a decision. I'm gonna ride this one out though.

NerdmoD
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby NerdmoD » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:19 am

2nd IR today...I imagine my WL/rejection is forthcoming...

User avatar
peyso
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby peyso » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Call in yesterday to ask if a recently LOCI was considered in the decision. She said no and would be added to the file. However, she did tell me that it is probably good to update your file every 2-3 weeks at this point.

gerghk
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby gerghk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Just withdrew, freeing up $45k in scholarship.

Hope this goes to one of you!

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby pertristis » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 pm

I was sitting at home yesterday when I received a phone call. The area code was 215—Philadelphia. My eyes grew wide. I had been placed on the waiting list not long before, and had sent a letter stating that I'd immediately withdrawal all other applications should I be accepted. No one from Philadelphia had called me in a year.

It was my old dental office. They wanted to inform me it was time for my yearly cleaning. Damn them. At least they were right: I do need to get a cleaning.

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 pm

pertristis wrote:I was sitting at home yesterday when I received a phone call. The area code was 215—Philadelphia. My eyes grew wide. I had been placed on the waiting list not long before, and had sent a letter stating that I'd immediately withdrawal all other applications should I be accepted. No one from Philadelphia had called me in a year.

It was my old dental office. They wanted to inform me it was time for my yearly cleaning. Damn them. At least they were right: I do need to get a cleaning.

You really should have withdrawn from that dental office, if only to free up a spot for someone else.

But seriously, that is awful.

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby fidesverita » Thu May 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Quick question!! Is Penn's admissions binding? Meaning if I accept my offer to Penn, do I have to withdraw myself from other waitlists? (Berkeley's decision is binding, so I was curious)

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Fri May 28, 2010 12:24 pm

TLS will be interviewing Dean Post next week -- post any questions you might have for her in this thread:

Upcoming TLS interviews.

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby fidesverita » Mon May 31, 2010 1:19 pm

How's everyone housing situation for this fall? Is on campus full? What are good off campus places ?

User avatar
odiero
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby odiero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:57 am

tag




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”