U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby dk8 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 pm

pertristis wrote:UR 4/6 -> 4/16 just now.


same. i asked this earlier, but is there any pattern to how these UR dates work or is it all pretty random?

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:14 pm

pertristis wrote:UR 4/6 -> 4/16 just now.

Still UR 4/5 laaaaaaaame

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck everyone :)

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Held in Jan with no movement since. I can has decision?

AdamatUCF
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:14 pm

pertristis wrote:UR 4/6 -> 4/16 just now.



Me too! I was excited when I saw the date change, and then unexcited when i saw no change in status.

NerdmoD
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby NerdmoD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:55 pm

UR for the first time 4/16...

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Has anyone had any luck requesting an expedited decision? Does Penn do this? It's getting to be about that time...

User avatar
ToriM
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 pm

After I saw that this thread had moved up I checked my status checker. Under review for the 1st time 4/14.

Anyone know how they react if you send a LOCI when you're under review? Tried it for UChicago and got quite a snippy email back letting me know that, unless requested, additional materials would not be considered once under review.

User avatar
DarkwingDick
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby DarkwingDick » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Ha. I called to ask what I should do because I had an upcoming deadline and had not yet heard back but was definitely interested.

The lady in the admissions office said to send an email informing them about the deadline and my level of interest, which I subsequently did.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:50 pm

DarkwingDick wrote:Ha. I called to ask what I should do because I had an upcoming deadline and had not yet heard back but was definitely interested.

The lady in the admissions office said to send an email informing them about the deadline and my level of interest, which I subsequently did.


Interest on a scale of 1 to 10?

...2

User avatar
ToriM
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
DarkwingDick wrote:Ha. I called to ask what I should do because I had an upcoming deadline and had not yet heard back but was definitely interested.

The lady in the admissions office said to send an email informing them about the deadline and my level of interest, which I subsequently did.


Interest on a scale of 1 to 10?

...2


Interesting. So, their clearly interested in gauging likelihood of attendance. Will send off my LOCI tonight!

BuckNuts
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby BuckNuts » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am

To give hope to any other regular decision applicants who had their apps "held," I received an out-of-the blue email & phone call from the adcom head yesterday. It was a very quick "are you still interested, and if so, why" discussion, and he said they would likely render a decision this week.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 am

BuckNuts wrote:To give hope to any other regular decision applicants who had their apps "held," I received an out-of-the blue email & phone call from the adcom head yesterday. It was a very quick "are you still interested, and if so, why" discussion, and he said they would likely render a decision this week.


So did they give you a time to come up with an answer? At this point if they called me randomly to ask that I would just have to repeat what I said in my Why uPenn essay.

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby pertristis » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:30 am

I want one of these phone calls. An acceptance is almost a guaranteed matriculation with me.

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:37 am

Knowing that they accept people via phone, I would be so pissed if they called me just to ask me if I was "still interested."

BuckNuts
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby BuckNuts » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 am

Jericwithers wrote:
BuckNuts wrote:To give hope to any other regular decision applicants who had their apps "held," I received an out-of-the blue email & phone call from the adcom head yesterday. It was a very quick "are you still interested, and if so, why" discussion, and he said they would likely render a decision this week.


So did they give you a time to come up with an answer? At this point if they called me randomly to ask that I would just have to repeat what I said in my Why uPenn essay.


It was a really weird conversation. I was jet-lagged to begin with (which probably made it seem stranger,) but he said, "You've had some really interesting experiences. This isn't necessarily for the Adcom, but just personally, why do you want to attend Penn?" So no, no time to come up with an answer. And I can't say I took him at face value when he said it was just for his personal knowledge. I'm not sure how a member of an adcom can compartmentalize something like that. Oh well -- it was a funny start to a funny day.

BuckNuts
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby BuckNuts » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:18 am

BuckNuts wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
BuckNuts wrote:To give hope to any other regular decision applicants who had their apps "held," I received an out-of-the blue email & phone call from the adcom head yesterday. It was a very quick "are you still interested, and if so, why" discussion, and he said they would likely render a decision this week.


So did they give you a time to come up with an answer? At this point if they called me randomly to ask that I would just have to repeat what I said in my Why uPenn essay.


It was a really weird conversation. I was jet-lagged to begin with (which probably made it seem stranger,) but he said, "You've had some really interesting experiences. This isn't necessarily for the Adcom, but just personally, why do you want to attend Penn?" So no, no time to come up with an answer. And I can't say I took him at face value when he said it was just for his personal knowledge. I'm not sure how a member of an adcom can compartmentalize something like that. Oh well -- it was a funny start to a funny day.


Also, I never gave them a "Why Penn" essay, so that could be why he asked.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 am

BuckNuts wrote:
BuckNuts wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
BuckNuts wrote:To give hope to any other regular decision applicants who had their apps "held," I received an out-of-the blue email & phone call from the adcom head yesterday. It was a very quick "are you still interested, and if so, why" discussion, and he said they would likely render a decision this week.


So did they give you a time to come up with an answer? At this point if they called me randomly to ask that I would just have to repeat what I said in my Why uPenn essay.


It was a really weird conversation. I was jet-lagged to begin with (which probably made it seem stranger,) but he said, "You've had some really interesting experiences. This isn't necessarily for the Adcom, but just personally, why do you want to attend Penn?" So no, no time to come up with an answer. And I can't say I took him at face value when he said it was just for his personal knowledge. I'm not sure how a member of an adcom can compartmentalize something like that. Oh well -- it was a funny start to a funny day.


Also, I never gave them a "Why Penn" essay, so that could be why he asked.


You might be right. Hope it works out for you.

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:19 pm

UR 4/5 --> 4/20.

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby blackmamba76 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm

UCR 4/16....4/20.

User avatar
ToriM
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby ToriM » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:26 pm

4/14 ----> 4/20

User avatar
bayareadunks
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby bayareadunks » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Status checker updated to "Application Denied" as of 4/20. Aghh. Oh well, that's the end of my cycle! Good luck everyone!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 pm

I can has decision?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I can has decision?

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby lawschoollll » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I can has decision?

Word, bird. Although judging from your avatar...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”