U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dummy66
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby dummy66 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:21 pm

In at Penn! :D Call 2 hours ago! 160/3.85 URM

pollaclc
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby pollaclc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 pm

dummy66 wrote:In at Penn! :D Call 2 hours ago! 160/3.85 URM

congrats! complete/UCR dates?

User avatar
fenderjsm88
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby fenderjsm88 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Application denied via status checker today. Ouch! It was a crazy reach for me though so I'm not surprised or (overly) disappointed.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:31 pm

I just got WL'ed :(

louboutin
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:11 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby louboutin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:43 pm

WL.

Shocker. This completes the MVP waitlist sweep. :?

regatsrj
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby regatsrj » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Does anyone know if the all the Toll scholarships have been awarded? I was just admitted last week and didn't get an invite :(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:46 pm

louboutin wrote:WL.

Shocker. This completes the MVP waitlist sweep. :?


When did you apply? I am headed the same way I am pretty sure.

Does Penn rank WL? What are the chances of getting in?

louboutin
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:11 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby louboutin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 pm

r6_philly wrote:
louboutin wrote:WL.

Shocker. This completes the MVP waitlist sweep. :?


When did you apply? I am headed the same way I am pretty sure.

Does Penn rank WL? What are the chances of getting in?


Applied in November for all three. Honestly I should have submitted more of the additional material for M and P but I did send a LOCI to UVA... not that it changed the outcome at all.

And not sure how Penn handles WL... would be interested to know this as well.

User avatar
iamtaw
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby iamtaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm

waitlist. fuuuuck

xokel87
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby xokel87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm

WL. UCR 2/4->3/4. Not a surprise. I think I am waitlisted at more places than I am accepted now. I just want real answers not more waiting. I would respect a solid reject from places.

User avatar
ihurtmyselftoday
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:30 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby ihurtmyselftoday » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Went from hold to waitlisted today. The email came literally as I was typing them an email to inform them that they were my first choice (I couldn't have made that claim with absolute certain while waiting on Columbia), even had an updated resume and additional material ready to go.

Crap.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:02 pm

How many of you are going to ride the WL? It is going to be strange placing a yellow dot where mine is going to go next to all the greens. I guess I did apply too late.

I may have to wait for next cycle then as this was my top target.

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Shlonster » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:04 pm

r6_philly wrote:
louboutin wrote:WL.

Shocker. This completes the MVP waitlist sweep. :?


When did you apply? I am headed the same way I am pretty sure.

Does Penn rank WL? What are the chances of getting in?


I don't believe they rank the WL. Not sure about how many they pull from it.

xokel87
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby xokel87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:09 pm

r6_philly wrote:How many of you are going to ride the WL? It is going to be strange placing a yellow dot where mine is going to go next to all the greens. I guess I did apply too late.

I may have to wait for next cycle then as this was my top target.


Honestly, I'm on like ... 7 waitlists right now. I don't know whether it's better to wait it out (really, what is there to lose?) or take myself off now so I'm not getting my hopes up again and can definitively decide on a school I'm already into.

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby pulandasu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:17 pm

WL here as well.

I am thinking of sending in LOCI, additional rec and Penn Essay.

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby pulandasu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 pm

pulandasu wrote:WL here as well.

I am thinking of sending in LOCI, additional rec and Penn Essay.



Any recommendation on how to send the LOCI and notify them of my interest? [aren't those two the same thing? lol]

The waitlist e-mail reads that I should notify them of my interest by replying directly to the e-mail. Does that mean I should attach an LOCI? or My reply should be in the form of LOCI?

I've read on other forums/posts that I should physically send in the letter, but in this case, it's very tricky.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 pm

I don't know what to think. There are only 2 people on LSN who got better stats than me and WL'ed. I wrote a why Penn too. I don't know what else to add. It starts to look like '11 for me. Or maybe they just don't want me. Maybe rejection would be easier to work with ...

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:24 pm

pulandasu wrote:
pulandasu wrote:WL here as well.

I am thinking of sending in LOCI, additional rec and Penn Essay.



Any recommendation on how to send the LOCI and notify them of my interest? [aren't those two the same thing? lol]

The waitlist e-mail reads that I should notify them of my interest by replying directly to the e-mail. Does that mean I should attach an LOCI? or My reply should be in the form of LOCI?

I've read on other forums/posts that I should physically send in the letter, but in this case, it's very tricky.


Perhaps you can respond to the email notifying them that you are still interested, and that you will be sending in some additional material shortly.

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby hv1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:34 pm

looks like Penn doesn't email decisions but just via status check?

xokel87
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby xokel87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:37 pm

hv1 wrote:looks like Penn doesn't email decisions but just via status check?


No, I got an email. An e-invitation, in fact, to join the waitlist.

User avatar
hv1
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby hv1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:37 pm

xokel87 wrote:
hv1 wrote:looks like Penn doesn't email decisions but just via status check?


No, I got an email. An e-invitation, in fact, to join the waitlist.


Gotcha. Thanks for heads up.

User avatar
itsirtou
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby itsirtou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Waitlisted. :cry:

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:30 pm

itsirtou wrote:Waitlisted. :cry:



=)
dinged. thanks for having me check, though.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:36 pm

I think the 75% target this year is 171/3.9 ;) everyone with both is admitted and everyone waitlisted has 1 of 2 above that mark. Just my luck to match the current GPA 75%... I'd like to be auto-admit somewhere :?
Last edited by r6_philly on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:37 pm

r6_philly wrote:I think the 75% target this year is 171/3.9 ;) everyone with both is admitted and everyone waitlisted has 1 of 2 above that mark.


mine was pretty expected... it's my first ding! kinda glad to get that milestone out of the way.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], JazzyMac, jyzhao3, nahmjun and 11 guests