U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Emma.

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Emma. » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 pm

anmo wrote:"Under committee review 11/12" just updated to "Under committee review 11/19" doubt the date means anything, but who knows?

Mine did the same. I'm not ED or anything so I'd be surprised if this change means much.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Today marks 1 month since I have been under review and my status checker still reflects that. (No Date Change)

texasgirl22

Postby texasgirl22 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:17 pm

i think my penn under review went from 11/17 to 11/19, but i'm ED

beebs

Postby beebs » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Under Review 11/20 - :shock:

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Does anyone know when Penn usually starts sending out decisions?

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:53 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:Does anyone know when Penn usually starts sending out decisions?

Looks like first big batch is right before Christmas

alm2127

Postby alm2127 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:14 pm

shadowfrost, last year the first ED acceptances were the day before thanksgiving. here's to hoping we have a good holiday!

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:44 pm

I'll join y'all in the waiting:

File Complete
11/17/2009

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:04 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:Does anyone know when Penn usually starts sending out decisions?

"The first big batch" and "right before Christmas" makes me think of cookies.

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:33 pm

wackjickham wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

"The first big batch" and "right before Christmas" makes me think of cookies.

--ImageRemoved--

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

"Under Committee Review" today, which slightly surprised me since I thought that they wouldn't do any RD until after all of the ED were done.

The Kim Jong illest

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:04 am

managamy wrote:"Under Committee Review" today, which slightly surprised me since I thought that they wouldn't do any RD until after all of the ED were done.

Maybe they ARE all done

/inflammatoryspeculation

Edit: srsly though, that happens.

nonprofit-prophet

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:56 am

Im pretty sure other RD people have been under review for a while. maybe im making that up, but i thought some people have been under review prior to the 11/15 ED deadline

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:27 am

I've been "Under Committee Review" for close to a month. Not sure of exact date, because the date changed last week. RD.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:00 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:Im pretty sure other RD people have been under review for a while. maybe im making that up, but i thought some people have been under review prior to the 11/15 ED deadline

I'm RD and have been under review for 12 days now. Under review was even updated a second time recently

squelp

Postby squelp » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:17 am

SanBun wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:Im pretty sure other RD people have been under review for a while. maybe im making that up, but i thought some people have been under review prior to the 11/15 ED deadline

I'm RD and have been under review for 12 days now. Under review was even updated a second time recently

Under review for over 3 weeks here (RD).

Postby 03121202698008 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:56 am

Under review ED since Nov 6th.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:15 am

How long after sending your apps did you guys get tracker info?

1lhopefully

Postby 1lhopefully » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:13 pm

From Penn Law's Prospective Students page:

---

J.D. Program Insight of the Week

No special significance should be attached to an online date change once a file is under Committee review. Because we are a paperless office, a file will often be assigned, accessed, and reviewed a second (or third) time off-site, which is then reflected in our system.

----

I'm not one to parse words, but when they say no special significance, does it mean there is some significance, but not a lot? And if it is accessed/reviewed a second or third time, that probably means something. I don't know, I'm just getting impatient :-)

clevinger33

Postby clevinger33 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:16 pm

1lhopefully wrote:From Penn Law's Prospective Students page:

---

No special significance should be attached to an online date change once a file is under Committee review. Because we are a paperless office, a file will often be assigned, accessed, and reviewed a second (or third) time off-site, which is then reflected in our system.

----

I'm not one to parse words, but when they say no special significance, does it mean there is some significance, but not a lot? And if it is accessed/reviewed a second or third time, that probably means something. I don't know, I'm just getting impatient :-)

It probably means that multiple people look at every application (it's a committee, not one single person) so when another person accesses your application and looks at it, the date changes. By second or third time I don't think they mean second or third committee viewing, just that another person looked it. But this is all speculation, so I could be wrong.

1lhopefully

Postby 1lhopefully » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:33 pm

clevinger33 wrote:

---

----

It probably means that multiple people look at every application (it's a committee, not one single person) so when another person accesses your application and looks at it, the date changes. By second or third time I don't think they mean second or third committee viewing, just that another person looked it. But this is all speculation, so I could be wrong.

Yeah that makes sense. I think I've reached the conclusion that if you get in, you find out on Wednesday before TG, and if you don't, you find out right after TG. But now that I think/know that, if I don't get a call on Wednesday, I'll assume/know I didn't get in.

What a painful process.

clevinger33

Postby clevinger33 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Yeah that makes sense. I think I've reached the conclusion that if you get in, you find out on Wednesday before TG, and if you don't, you find out right after TG. But now that I think/know that, if I don't get a call on Wednesday, I'll assume/know I didn't get in.

What a painful process.

The [strike]great[/strike] terrible thing is that on Wednesday I'll be driving with my family from DC to Kentucky for Thanksgiving, and pretty much all of Western Virginia/West Virginia/Eastern Kentucky has nonexistent cell phone coverage. So I'll either miss the call Wednesday and be worried about it all weekend, or not get the call and think that I didn't get it because of crappy cell coverage and be worried all weekend. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation.

frix0803

Postby frix0803 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Well, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on finding out the esoteric meaning, if there is one, behind this. If you read it closely, date changes = number of access "off-site", meaning, probably not in office. So, I do not think it implies neither a second or third reviewer per se nor increased/decreased chance of admission. That's my close reading of the quote.

---

----

Postby 02082010 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:28 pm

1lhopefully wrote:
clevinger33 wrote:

---

----

What a painful process.

Kind of seems like you pulled that out of your ass. Why did you decide they are going to start making callings Wed? I thought they don't send their first notifications until December.

nonprofit-prophet

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:35 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
1lhopefully wrote:
clevinger33 wrote:

---

----

What a painful process.

Kind of seems like you pulled that out of your ass. Why did you decide they are going to start making callings Wed? I thought they don't send their first notifications until December.

last year, the first ED acceptances came out the day before thanksgiving. I'm assuming that is why people have been talking about wednesday the 25th.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”