U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
itsirtou
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby itsirtou » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:16 pm

Finally went complete today! One less thing to worry about.

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:13 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:
TheWire wrote:Has anyone realized they Penn seems to like bringing out decisions on Fridays?


During my call, the admission rep told me that they like to give people good weekends by accepting them on Friday.


By that same logic is it their intent to punish the people they don't like by rejecting them on Friday?


Pretty sure I remember learning in psych class that people are statistically less likely to do something drastic (like commit suicide or toss a fax machine or two out the window) in response to bad news if it's delivered on a Friday. No idea if that's Penn's rationale, but I know that several large companies/corporations try to give out pink slips on Fridays rather than earlier in the week.


It's not that they are less likely to do something "because" it's Friday... It's just hard to come into the office with a gun on Saturday when the office is closed. There are two naturally built in cool off days.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:It's not that they are less likely to do something "because" it's Friday... It's just hard to come into the office with a gun on Saturday when the office is closed. There are two naturally built in cool off days.


When do they fire the people at IHOP :shock: ? Is that why there are locks on the doors, even though they are open 24/7?

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby TheWire » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:It's not that they are less likely to do something "because" it's Friday... It's just hard to come into the office with a gun on Saturday when the office is closed. There are two naturally built in cool off days.


When do they fire the people at IHOP :shock: ? Is that why there are locks on the doors, even though they are open 24/7?


After their third Under Review update...

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 pm

TheWire wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:It's not that they are less likely to do something "because" it's Friday... It's just hard to come into the office with a gun on Saturday when the office is closed. There are two naturally built in cool off days.


When do they fire the people at IHOP :shock: ? Is that why there are locks on the doors, even though they are open 24/7?


After their third Under Review update...


LOL

User avatar
castellon
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby castellon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 pm

I know this bump is going to piss some people off... but tomorrow is Friday! Maybe some calls?

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Their office is closed today. Cause of the lack of snow shovels.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby fl0w » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 pm

castellon wrote:I know this bump is going to piss some people off... but tomorrow is Friday! Maybe some calls?


pseudo-bumper. :roll:

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby TheWire » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:01 am

fl0w wrote:
castellon wrote:I know this bump is going to piss some people off... but tomorrow is Friday! Maybe some calls?


pseudo-bumper. :roll:


it's going down today guys...good luck

User avatar
mb88
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby mb88 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 pm

I went UCR on 2/4. Is their office open today? I'm really hoping for good news after taking a hit during the UVA bloodbath yesterday.

I NEED GOOD NEWS! :x

Also, I need IHOP now.

User avatar
castellon
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby castellon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00 pm

mb88 wrote:I went UCR on 2/4. Is their office open today? I'm really hoping for good news after taking a hit during the UVA bloodbath yesterday.

I NEED GOOD NEWS! :x

Also, I need IHOP now.


Someone needs to call the office and see if they answer, then hang up. I'm too much of a scaredyyyy catttt!

s419
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby s419 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:18 pm

The main webpage (http://www.upenn.edu) says the university is open today at the top, but it does look like they've been closed for the last two days so they may be behind their usual schedule.

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:26 pm

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:Their office is closed today. Cause of the lack of snow shovels.


That was yesterday.

Open today. Jeez guys. Let the people work.

User avatar
quetzalcoatl
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby quetzalcoatl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 pm

UCR 1/29. Please let today be the day! Do you think I could write a LOCI saying that I check my status 5 times a day (as proof of my extreme interest in their program)? I wish neurosis had a high correlation with 1L success, I have to be in the 98th percentile by now!

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Upenn law is open today.

Went UCR 2/12....from complete 2/4.

Super long shot

User avatar
quetzalcoatl
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby quetzalcoatl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 pm

So nobody got in on Friday? The snow must have slowed them down.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Visited campus today and attended the information session, which included a q&a, tour, and we got to observe a Crim class. LOVE LOVE LOVE Penn. REALLY want in off the WL now.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Complete as of today! Penn is a super reach, so I'm not holding out hope.

User avatar
roundabout
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby roundabout » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm still application received and processing as of 1/17. Worth a call yet? Sounds like a month is pretty normal . . .

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby BenJ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:51 pm

roundabout wrote:I'm still application received and processing as of 1/17. Worth a call yet? Sounds like a month is pretty normal . . .


Same from 1/11. I don't think they've gotten to our dates yet.

User avatar
chinny123
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby chinny123 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:41 pm

roundabout wrote:I'm still application received and processing as of 1/17. Worth a call yet? Sounds like a month is pretty normal . . .


I was complete 1/5 and just went under committee review 2/12. Probably just a little bit longer for you.

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:37 pm

I've been complete since 11/20 without a response...what gives?

turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby turkishangora » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:21 pm

It seems that Penn calls accepted ppl on Fridays; is there a day for waitlists/rejects on the status checker or is that continuous? (trying to brace myself this week thanks).

s419
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby s419 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:26 pm

TheWire wrote:I've been complete since 11/20 without a response...what gives?


You must be at or approaching the 12 weeks from complete for a decision mentioned in the status checker. Are you considering emailing or calling them to ask when you might receive a decision? I'm at 10 weeks and I'm getting super antsy.

legendwaitforitdairy
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby legendwaitforitdairy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Has anyone who was held from ED heard anything yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: call-me-bubbles, Christinabruin, fountainja and 21 guests