U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby summerschooled » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:34 pm

:shock: They just requested my Fall grades... good sign? I'm afraid to get my hopes up.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby GeePee » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:36 pm

summerschooled wrote::shock: They just requested my Fall grades... good sign? I'm afraid to get my hopes up.

It's probably a good sign if you did well. If not...

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:36 pm

summerschooled wrote::shock: They just requested my Fall grades... good sign? I'm afraid to get my hopes up.


Means you aren't in the "lawl ur dum" pile

User avatar
roxj
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby roxj » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:37 pm

summerschooled wrote::shock: They just requested my Fall grades... good sign? I'm afraid to get my hopes up.


+1. I hope my fall grades are good....

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Anyone know how long it takes to go from "application complete" to "under review" at this stage? I've been complete and "the queue for review by the Admissions Committee" since 12/8. Should I expect to see any movement before the holidays?

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby summerschooled » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:46 pm

roxj wrote:
summerschooled wrote::shock: They just requested my Fall grades... good sign? I'm afraid to get my hopes up.


+1. I hope my fall grades are good....

Yeah. I think mine are, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby fidesverita » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Doubt it. I've been complete since 11/24 and haven't gone UR.

Has anyone who has gone complete 11/24 or after (RD) been accepted yet ?

dback248
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby dback248 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Do those of you who had fall grades requested mind sharing your stats? Thanks

nnjpenn
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby nnjpenn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Filed placed on hold. Just received an email.
Complete 10/1.
I'm sure my 169 (3.85) is causing them to scratch their heads.
No idea what to do with me I guess
nice email though

protokurios
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby protokurios » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Did anyone else get a "we are holding your file for further review" email? I just got it.

nnjpenn
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby nnjpenn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Filed placed on hold. Just received an email.
Complete 10/1.
I'm sure my 169 (3.85) is causing them to scratch their heads.
No idea what to do with me I guess
nice email though

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby summerschooled » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:06 pm

dback248 wrote:Do those of you who had fall grades requested mind sharing your stats? Thanks

My GPA is a bit under 25% and my LSAT's above 75%.

wahoo2010
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby wahoo2010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Got the email today asking for fall grades.

RD, Complete 11/04
GPA between 3.75 and 3.80
LSAT between 171 and 173

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 pm

well, this is odd. i just got my fall grades requested. i'm solidly in traditional penn YP territory so this is certainly a surprising result. i figured i was pretty likely to just get straight waitlisted, or maybe if they were feeling some love to get accepted. but to have grades requested? not that i know how adcomms work, but i'd imagine that's for candidates they consider borderline. but even if i had a terrible semester i'd still be well within YP territory. not sure what to make of this

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:13 pm

protokurios wrote:Did anyone else get a "we are holding your file for further review" email? I just got it.

I got it too. My numbers are strong for Penn, so I'm actually sort of wondering if this is YP... "we are impressed with your credentials, so send us a LOCI so we know you're serious." Anyone else with high numbers get one?

louboutin
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:11 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby louboutin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:15 pm

wahoo2010 wrote:Got the email today asking for fall grades.

RD, Complete 11/04
GPA between 3.75 and 3.80
LSAT between 171 and 173


me too. I also have similar stats. I hope this bodes well...

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:18 pm

You literally just got these emails? I thought that they wouldn't be sending them after 5pm ET.

Meanwhile, my UR status updated (for the first time) to 12/17. Since the file has to be reviewed by two faculty members, this date is probably the second member's review.

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby owhlcn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:21 pm

a little baffled by penn: high numbers (177 3.8 ) no why penn, only a DS, no UR update since 11/18, no word from them whatsoever, not even a "send us your grades" email. hm.

edited for gpa purposes
Last edited by owhlcn on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:23 pm

owhlcn wrote:a little baffled by penn: high numbers (177 3.8) no why penn, only a DS, no UR update since 11/18, no word from them whatsoever, not even a "send us your grades" email. hm.


Don't be too surprised if they YP you. And I like how the 3.8 turned into an emoticon!

wahoo2010
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby wahoo2010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:25 pm

managamy wrote:You literally just got these emails? I thought that they wouldn't be sending them after 5pm ET.

Meanwhile, my UR status updated (for the first time) to 12/17. Since the file has to be reviewed by two faculty members, this date is probably the second member's review.


Mine came at 5:28 PM ET.

Previously had two UCR updates, the most recent of which was 11/25. Now my status checker says UCR 12/17, and there's a "Hold for Further Review" email listed on the mailings.

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby owhlcn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:33 pm

managamy wrote:
owhlcn wrote:a little baffled by penn: high numbers (177 3.8) no why penn, only a DS, no UR update since 11/18, no word from them whatsoever, not even a "send us your grades" email. hm.


Don't be too surprised if they YP you. And I like how the 3.8 turned into an emoticon!


won't be surprised...i'm sort of expecting it...i'm just surprised they didn't do it yesterday, is all.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:52 pm

GargamelITT wrote:well, this is odd. i just got my fall grades requested. i'm solidly in traditional penn YP territory so this is certainly a surprising result. i figured i was pretty likely to just get straight waitlisted, or maybe if they were feeling some love to get accepted. but to have grades requested? not that i know how adcomms work, but i'd imagine that's for candidates they consider borderline. but even if i had a terrible semester i'd still be well within YP territory. not sure what to make of this


Hahaha, if you had post-Christmas finals, you could try to flunk them. :wink: Honestly, though, YP seems to be less of a factor this year so far.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:53 pm

I just got the were holding for review also. I am 173, 3.8. Really surprised. I wrote a Why Penn essay..

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:41 pm

owhlcn wrote:a little baffled by penn: high numbers (177 3.8 ) no why penn, only a DS, no UR update since 11/18, no word from them whatsoever, not even a "send us your grades" email. hm.

edited for gpa purposes


my UR never updated before I was accepted.

User avatar
radgrad
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:47 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby radgrad » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:20 pm

managamy wrote:You literally just got these emails? I thought that they wouldn't be sending them after 5pm ET.

Meanwhile, my UR status updated (for the first time) to 12/17. Since the file has to be reviewed by two faculty members, this date is probably the second member's review.


Same for me. Went complete on 11/3, went "under committee review" in early November, and they apparently "updated" it today to tell me I'm still under review.

I submitted in October and kind of hoped I'd hear by now.

Also, what do YP and LOCI mean?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 6 guests