U Penn 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Amelie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
puppins wrote:? who is penn letting in that doesn't care/won't attend?


Most of the people they're letting in are near auto-admits for NYU and Berkeley, iuno about others.


eff that, I'm close to auto at NYU and I'm doing this here ish.


Seriously. I got into NYU but Penn is higher on my list... and with money it would move close to the top.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:*shrug* Sorry, I don't mean to say none of the people actually care about going to Penn, but I assume even their admissions office is counting on the fact that a minority of the people they are admitting will in fact attend.


I mean it's not like NYU is so crazy better than Penn that it would be unreasonable to pick one over the other. It's not NYU vs. UConn or Cornell or anything. Even for the rankings obsessed, it's only a few spots.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 am

puppins wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:*shrug* Sorry, I don't mean to say none of the people actually care about going to Penn, but I assume even their admissions office is counting on the fact that a minority of the people they are admitting will in fact attend.


I mean it's not like NYU is so crazy better than Penn that it would be unreasonable to pick one over the other. It's not NYU vs. UConn or Cornell or anything. Even for the rankings obsessed, it's only a few spots.


I have been deceived by trolls. I thought popular sentiment was in the other direction, that's all.

User avatar
x47point6
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby x47point6 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:35 am

In! Just got the call! Hooray!

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 am

x47point6 wrote:In! Just got the call! Hooray!


Grats! :D

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby iminlstrick » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 am

IN! RD, just got the call :) Congrats to everyone who's in and good luck to all waiting!!!

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Amelie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 am

Congrats you guys! And it sounds like many more calls are on the way :)

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby violaboy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:*shrug* Sorry, I don't mean to say none of the people actually care about going to Penn, but I assume even their admissions office is counting on the fact that a minority of the people they are admitting will in fact attend.


I'm definitely considering attending! I think that the only things that will stop me are Columbia/Harvard or a big scholarship at Northwestern. No offense taken though :)

User avatar
Dtackpat75
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Dtackpat75 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:42 am

In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! via phone call with a very nice lady!

User avatar
humdrum
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby humdrum » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 am

Dtackpat75 wrote:In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! via phone call with a very nice lady!


same! :D

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:50 am

ohh I want a call! Come on calls!!

bubba
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby bubba » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:51 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:ohh I want a call! Come on calls!!


+1

psychomohel
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby psychomohel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:54 am

In, RD.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:55 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:ohh I want a call! Come on calls!!


Renee is just waiting to give you a super special call after the rush.

rm21
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:42 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby rm21 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 am

.
Last edited by rm21 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

summerteeth
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby summerteeth » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:00 pm

congrats everyone. still keeping my fingers crossed for a call. penn if you're reading this, please don't forget about us ED'ers!

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:00 pm

summerteeth wrote:congrats everyone. still keeping my fingers crossed for a call. penn if you're reading this, please don't forget about us ED'ers!


Are you still UR? O_o

summerteeth
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby summerteeth » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
summerteeth wrote:congrats everyone. still keeping my fingers crossed for a call. penn if you're reading this, please don't forget about us ED'ers!


Are you still UR? O_o


yeah. ucr since 11/19. never updated.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:02 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
puppins wrote:I mean it's not like NYU is so crazy better than Penn that it would be unreasonable to pick one over the other. It's not NYU vs. UConn or Cornell or anything. Even for the rankings obsessed, it's only a few spots.


I have been deceived by trolls. I thought popular sentiment was in the other direction, that's all.


Iuno. People hate on Penn but look at penn v. nyu:

Median: 3.8/170 (P) v. 3.7/171 (N)

Tuition and Fees: ~ 46k (P) v. ~44k (N)

Student to Faculty Ratio: 11.6:1 (P) v. 9.6:1 (N)

Class Size 250 (P) v. 448 (N)

Employment: 97.2 (P) v. 98.2 (N)

Bar Passage (NY): 94.4 (P) v. 95.79 (N)

Not exactly worlds apart, and people do have geographical preferences.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:05 pm

summerteeth wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
summerteeth wrote:congrats everyone. still keeping my fingers crossed for a call. penn if you're reading this, please don't forget about us ED'ers!


Are you still UR? O_o


yeah. ucr since 11/19. never updated.


I think you still have hope. It is weird that they are accepting a ton of RD people first, but they already deferred/rejected a number of people with competitive numbers.

puppins wrote:Not exactly worlds apart, and people do have geographical preferences.


The impression I get here is not only very pro-NYC, but also that CCN is on some other level of awesomeness compared to everything below T6.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:13 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
summerteeth wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
summerteeth wrote:congrats everyone. still keeping my fingers crossed for a call. penn if you're reading this, please don't forget about us ED'ers!


Are you still UR? O_o


yeah. ucr since 11/19. never updated.


I think you still have hope. It is weird that they are accepting a ton of RD people first, but they already deferred/rejected a number of people with competitive numbers.

puppins wrote:Not exactly worlds apart, and people do have geographical preferences.


The impression I get here is not only very pro-NYC, but also that CCN is on some other level of awesomeness compared to everything below T6.


That isn't true? Especially w/ regard to CC?

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:19 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:The impression I get here is not only very pro-NYC, but also that CCN is on some other level of awesomeness compared to everything below T6.


That isn't true? Especially w/ regard to CC?

For me, Penn is leagues above CCN.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:The impression I get here is not only very pro-NYC, but also that CCN is on some other level of awesomeness compared to everything below T6.


TLS is very NYC-centric, for sure. And I'm not saying T6 schools aren't great. Just that there isn't some huuuuge gap where it is nonsensical to take a MVP over a CCN. I mean, Penn graduates 15% into clerkships, where NYU only graduates 8.3%, and Penn is really the only big school in the 3rd circuit CoA. That is worth something IMO.

janer
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:51 am

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby janer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:27 pm

In! Got a voicemail this morning. Absolutely shocked since I thought I would be waitlisted. 176/3.9 RD, wrote Why Penn.

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: U Penn 2010

Postby wackjickham » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Ugh I went to the gym hoping to come back and find a missed call. Looks like another day of staring at my phone...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aprince0122, christinaxcarrie, henryyou, lg77 and 16 guests