U Penn 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
The Kim Jong illest

Bronze

Re: U Penn 2010

Post by The Kim Jong illest » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:25 am

dubes wrote:I got rejected today - no biggie, truthfully just applied for kicks.

HOWEVER - I retook the LSAT in December and they didn't even bother to wait to see my score, even though I definitely marked on the application that I was retaking. I thought that was pretty weird. Anyone else get something like this? I had a 163, 3.94 from UC Berkeley and some fantastic recs. (My 163 was a fluke - basically suffered a pretty severe personal tragedy two days before the test and bombed it). But according to Penn, even if I nailed the Dec LSAT with a 180, I still wouldn't cut it for them....

Anyone have any insight on this?
Did you write an LSAT addendum? Considering that people rarely jump 4-5 points in a couple months, let alone 10, they might have just done a rough estimate and ran with it.

peyso

New

Post by peyso » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:43 pm

I got an email from Penn and it read

"Thank you for your application to the university of pennsylvania law school. The Admissions Committee has completed its preliminary review of your application and has decided to hold your file for further review...Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice."

Is this a good sign?

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:44 pm

peyso wrote:I got an email from Penn and it read

"Thank you for your application to the University of Pennsylvania Law School. The Admissions Committee has completed its preliminary review of your application and has decided to hold your file for further review...Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice."

Is this a good sign?
better than a ding, worse than an acceptance

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:49 pm

peyso wrote:I got an email from Penn and it read

"Thank you for your application to the University of Pennsylvania Law School. The Admissions Committee has completed its preliminary review of your application and has decided to hold your file for further review...Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice."

Is this a good sign?
Stats?

peyso

New

Post by peyso » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:43 pm

2.7,166,URM,Penn Undergrad, NFL practice squad player

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:44 pm

peyso wrote:2.7,166,URM,Penn Undergrad, NFL practice squad player
I'm 2.7 172 URM Michigan undergrad but no really cool soft like yours. Maybe they'll accept me?!?

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 pm

--ImageRemoved--

?????

peyso

New

Post by peyso » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:49 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

?????

hahahahahaha,
it means u were good enough not to get cut but not good enough to even dream about seeing the field. So they pay you $90K to practice against the really good guys

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:50 pm

peyso wrote: hahahahahaha,
it means u were good enough not to get cut but not good enough to even dream about seeing the field. So they pay you $90K to practice against the really good guys
Do better. maybe if you get some playing time in the 4th quarter of some meaningless game, you can let Penn know and they will accept you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:51 pm

peyso wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

?????

hahahahahaha,
Congrats on both the acceptance and being good at football. Position?

Also, anyone else find their eyes strangely drawn to Charlie's crotch?

The Kim Jong illest

Bronze

Post by The Kim Jong illest » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 pm

puppins wrote:
Do better. maybe if you get some playing time in the 4th quarter of some meaningless game, you can let Penn know and they will accept you.
Disagree. Penn knows about the long term brain damage that is likely to result from playing football at high levels. They don't want some 50 year old who can't form a sentence waving his Penn Law degree around.

WhatUpKells

New

Post by WhatUpKells » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:19 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
peyso wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

?????

hahahahahaha,
Congrats on both the acceptance and being good at football. Position?

Also, anyone else find their eyes strangely drawn to Charlie's crotch?
I don't see Charlie. I see Green Man.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:23 pm

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
puppins wrote:
Disagree. Penn knows about the long term brain damage that is likely to result from playing football at high levels. They don't want some 50 year old who can't form a sentence waving his Penn Law degree around.
I think it really depends on what team he is practicing with. and I doubt you get long-term brain damage from a few plays.

peyso: cowboys? autoding.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:24 pm

puppins wrote:
To be fair, if Penn cared about brain damage, they would ask "did you eat a lot paint chips as a kid?"

Lucky for me, they didn't. Still won't get in though. Thx yp

peyso

New

Post by peyso » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:33 pm

puppins wrote:
puppins wrote:
I think it really depends on what team he is practicing with. and I doubt you get long-term brain damage from a few plays.

peyso: cowboys? autoding.
Dolphins

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:33 pm

hmm, no that's fine.

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm

puppins wrote:hmm, no that's fine.
Nope. Dolphins suck. Waitlist.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

liplaw

New

Post by liplaw » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 pm

How do you check for new replies within a thread? Do you have to keep pressing browser's refresh button?

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
I think playing for the Dolphins is all the "why law" he needs though, so there is that.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Michigan alum here. Could you get me Henne's autograph?

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:39 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Michigan alum here. Could you get me Henne's autograph?
Can't you get it whilst summering off the Florida coast on your 180' yacht?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

peyso

New

Post by peyso » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:54 am

puppins wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
I think playing for the Dolphins is all the "why law" he needs though, so there is that.
If you're not making the big bucks, playing in the NFL isnt worth it. I'd only trade my ability to walk at age 30 for millions of bucks not a measly $100K

The Kim Jong illest

Bronze

Post by The Kim Jong illest » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 am

peyso wrote:
puppins wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
If you're not making the big bucks, playing in the NFL isnt worth it. I'd only trade my ability to walk at age 30 for millions of bucks not a measly $100K
No one in the NFL actually makes that little.

peyso

New

Post by peyso » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:20 am

Nope. Dolphins suck. Waitlist.[/quote]

I think playing for the Dolphins is all the "why law" he needs though, so there is that.[/quote]

If you're not making the big bucks, playing in the NFL isnt worth it. I'd only trade my ability to walk at age 30 for millions of bucks not a measly $100K[/quote]

No one in the NFL actually makes that little.[/quote]

Per year? Yes you can. Practice squad (which I was on) is a $90K salary. However, you can be cut and re-added in subsequent weeks. The weeks when you're cut, you dont get paid that week. Minimum wage for a rookie is $310K; however, you have to be signed to a 53 man roster to get this, which I was not.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:23 am

peyso wrote: If you're not making the big bucks, playing in the NFL isnt worth it. I'd only trade my ability to walk at age 30 for millions of bucks not a measly $100K
I am just teasing a bit peyso. If you are actually doing what you say you are doing, I find it quite impressive, though I do understand why you wouldn't want it to be a permanent thing.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”