UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Re: UCLA?

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 pm

SanBun wrote:
SanBun wrote:how does UCLA send out decisions (acceptances and rejections)??? snail mail or email?

AND: do they have a status checker??

No. Acceptances go by phone.

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:51 pm

SanBun wrote:how does UCLA send out decisions (acceptances and rejections)??? snail mail or email?

I got my rejection from snail mail

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Huh, the responses to my PMs unfailingly have been very thoughtful and kind. So it's obviously a different group of people from the snarky crew that jumped on me around here. Faith in human nature revitalized.

jgulia45

Postby jgulia45 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 pm

i got my waitlist via email...

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 pm

EDer. Not a word from UCLA yet. But after reading all these, I can expect a direct ding......
Say good bye to UCLA~

tintin

Postby tintin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 pm

very miffed that i haven't gotten a decision from ucla yet. i applied in like sept or oct. it was so long ago i can't even remember.....

shouldn't they have accepted/waitlisted/denied me yet???

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 pm

tintin wrote:very miffed that i haven't gotten a decision from ucla yet. i applied in like sept or oct. it was so long ago i can't even remember.....

+eleventybillion.

I'm actually considering withdrawing before I hear.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:01 pm

tintin wrote:very miffed that i haven't gotten a decision from ucla yet. i applied in like sept or oct. it was so long ago i can't even remember.....

Same here. Complete in early October. Not a word.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Same here. Complete in early October. Not a word.

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 pm

+1. I thought UCLA just forgot about me.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:09 pm

random question: How do you see only acceptances on an LSN graph??

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:12 pm

SanBun wrote:random question: How do you see only acceptances on an LSN graph??

Aren't there some rejections as well?

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:14 pm

sunnygirl wrote:

hahahaha, yes there are
maybe I should rephrase my question: What do I have to do to see only acceptances on the lsn graph?

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 pm

SanBun wrote:
sunnygirl wrote:

hahahaha, yes there are
maybe I should rephrase my question: What do I have to do to see only acceptances on the lsn graph?

......nothing. I just find something to do so I can forget about all these~

regatsrj

Postby regatsrj » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Kretzy wrote:

+eleventybillion.

Withdrawing seems a bit needless. It's not like it'll teach them a lesson.

Having said that, I sympathize with your wait. UCLA is actually the only school I've heard back from, which freakishly accepted me two weeks after I submitted. I'm still at a loss to explain why it was so fast. If I may ask, did you play the gay card in your application? I did, and I'm wondering if that somehow contributed to my speedy decision. I've heard UCLA hearts the gays more than most schools.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm

regatsrj wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

+eleventybillion.

Having said that, I sympathize with your wait. UCLA is actually the only school I've heard back from, which freakishly accepted me two weeks after I submitted. I'm still at a loss to explain why it was so fast. If I may ask, did you play the gay card in your application? I did, and I'm wondering if that somehow contributed to my speedy decision. I've heard UCLA hearts the gays more than most schools.

Haha, it wouldn't be to teach them a lesson, promise. It's more that I'm doubtful that any scholarship UCLA would throw at me could pull me from Mich/UVA/Berkeley.

And I am out in my application, and my PS is a little homo-heavy, but I think strong enough. It definitely didn't help my speedy decision though, complete since 10.16.

Oh well, can't much complain. 'Tis the nature of the beast.

regatsrj

Postby regatsrj » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Kretzy wrote:
regatsrj wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

+eleventybillion.

Haha, it wouldn't be to teach them a lesson, promise. It's more that I'm doubtful that any scholarship UCLA would throw at me could pull me from Mich/UVA/Berkeley.

And I am out in my application, and my PS is a little homo-heavy, but I think strong enough. It definitely didn't help my speedy decision though, complete since 10.16.

ZOMG you have a Berkeley acceptance under your belt? I revoke my sympathies. Nothing but raging jealousy now.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 pm

regatsrj wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
regatsrj wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
+eleventybillion.

ZOMG you have a Berkeley acceptance under your belt? I revoke my sympathies. Nothing but raging jealousy now.

Haha, yes, I was shocked (as you can see back about 30 pages on the Berkeley thread). Completely shocked. As I said, I wouldn't be withdrawing out of spite or whatnot, just because I don't think I'd end up attending, and there are others who want that spot.

regatsrj

Postby regatsrj » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Haha, yes, I was shocked (as you can see back about 30 pages on the Berkeley thread). Completely shocked. As I said, I wouldn't be withdrawing out of spite or whatnot, just because I don't think I'd end up attending, and there are others who want that spot.

Aw how sweet of you. I want your spot at Berkeley. Would you withdraw there, too?

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:49 am

Last edited by Jacques on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Jacques wrote:With two acceptances yesterday (including our own jay115), looks like UCLA is pushing towards one last round of positive ED news:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/jay115

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/justmaybe

Here's wishing good luck to all those TLS EDers still waiting to hear back. It looks like UCLA is getting an idea of their class profile, and they're showing promising flexibility and freedom from reliance on numbers (rejecting high LSATs, taking borderline cases). At last, a proof-positive case study that there truly is a holistic process to all this, no matter what the skeptics say.

Keep the faith!

UCLA deserves major props for looking beyond the numbers!!!!! With the exception of one dude at Columbia, ED has been entirely about the numbers (for non-URMs) at EVERY other school.

EDIT: BTW, congrats Kobe (handles = justmaybe and WhatsaURM?). Nice to see a good guy getting some love from the admissions committee.
Last edited by rondemarino on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Last edited by Jacques on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Jacques wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
Jacques wrote:With two acceptances yesterday (including our own jay115), looks like UCLA is pushing towards one last round of positive ED news:

Here's wishing good luck to all those TLS EDers still waiting to hear back. It looks like UCLA is getting an idea of their class profile, and they're showing promising flexibility and freedom from reliance on numbers (rejecting high LSATs, taking borderline cases). At last, a proof-positive case study that there truly is a holistic process to all this, no matter what the skeptics say.

Keep the faith!

UCLA deserves major props for looking beyond the numbers!!!!! With the exception of one dude at Columbia, ED has been entirely about the numbers (for non-URMs) at EVERY other school.

I was waiting to see how long it would take you to show up :wink:

In all seriousness, I thought you'd be pleased to hear about this.

Courage.

I've got a big day ahead. So I will be checking the board like crazy. Need to call admissions office to withdraw if I don't hear anything by noon, and then need to pray that sending my application to UVA for ED allows it to go complte in time for ED.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:15 pm

rondemarino wrote:

Keep the faith!

+1!!
Columbia has been the biggest # ho and seems to thoroughly take advantage of the increase in apps, whereas UCLA seems to live up to the 'holistic' thing, at least partly

jgulia45

Postby jgulia45 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 pm

rondemarino wrote:

Keep the faith!

EDIT: BTW, congrats Kobe (handles = justmaybe and WhatsaURM?). Nice to see a good guy getting some love from the admissions committee.

well they certainly must have not liked my softs because i'm a heck of a lot closer to their medians...grrrrrrrr!!!! no malice towards those accepted...i'm just super jealous!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”