UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Re: UCLA?

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:22 pm

rondemarino wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:

umm it's not exciting :lol:

oh.... damn. Well, even if it's not, I'm still a little curious.[/quote]

Its on the order of a "water is wet" revelation. One simple public post could have easily replaced all this artificial drama.[/quote]
+1, I might have given it one big :roll: ...lol

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Veritas wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:

oh.... damn. Well, even if it's not, I'm still a little curious.

Its on the order of a "water is wet" revelation. One simple public post could have easily replaced all this artificial drama.[/quote]
+1, I might have given it one big :roll: ...lol[/quote]

can you pm me in the information please?

hhg

Postby hhg » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:27 pm

rondemarino wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:

agreed. not worth the trouble.

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:45 pm

rondemarino wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:

Having learned the info myself last night, I can say that it's not shocking, or particularly gamechanging at that.

It's certainly positive, though, if in a "butterfly effect" sort of way.

alirod12

Postby alirod12 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:39 pm

No love from UCLA yet. Disappointed. I was hoping they'd offer me a nice scholly as well. Snarf, snarf.

#s on LSN.

crombot

Postby crombot » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:59 pm

I haven't heard a peep from UCLA....been complete since 11/9.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 pm

It's hilarious how everyone is offering their descriptions of what I had to say. Jacques is right to say that it's not mind-boggling, game-changing, or shocking in any way. It's positive but very small; I didn't want to be public with it because it concerns me personally, not because it's shocking. People who know are free to PM people who want to know; also, it looks like I have about 15 more PMs so I'll be responding soon. Honestly, though, it's nothing to stress over. :D

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 pm

managamy wrote:It's hilarious how everyone is offering their descriptions of what I had to say. Jacques is right to say that it's not mind-boggling, game-changing, or shocking in any way. It's positive but very small; I didn't want to be public with it because it concerns me personally, not because it's shocking. People who know are free to PM people who want to know; also, it looks like I have about 15 more PMs so I'll be responding soon. Honestly, though, it's nothing to stress over. :D

I found you a new tar:

--ImageRemoved--

a massive toolbox.

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm

IAFG wrote:
managamy wrote:It's hilarious how everyone is offering their descriptions of what I had to say. Jacques is right to say that it's not mind-boggling, game-changing, or shocking in any way. It's positive but very small; I didn't want to be public with it because it concerns me personally, not because it's shocking. People who know are free to PM people who want to know; also, it looks like I have about 15 more PMs so I'll be responding soon. Honestly, though, it's nothing to stress over. :D

I found you a new tar:

--ImageRemoved--

a massive toolbox.

TITCR.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm

yea you don't need to respond to my pm... it seems like you wanted this sort of attention though...

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 pm

capitalacq wrote:
IAFG wrote:

I found you a new tar:

--ImageRemoved--

a massive toolbox.

TITCR.

Not nearly as good as when she was giving condescending "chin up" encouragement on the Pessimism thread (i think), right after being accepted to Harvard.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm

jks289 wrote:
capitalacq wrote:
IAFG wrote:

I found you a new tar:

--ImageRemoved--

a massive toolbox.

TITCR.

Not nearly as good as when she was giving condescending "chin up" encouragement on the Pessimism thread (i think), right after being accepted to Harvard.

it was a culmination of toolish posts that led to this tar recommendation.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:54 pm

IAFG wrote:it was a culmination of toolish posts that led to this tar recommendation.

I'm definitely coming around to this line of thinking after checking out the beginning of the USS Pessimissm thread.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Responded to all of the PMs. I'm a "he," FWIW. Thanks for the snarky remarks, which I'll remember before the next time I think about doing something considerate.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:08 pm

managamy wrote:Responded to all of the PMs. I'm a "he," FWIW. Thanks for the snarky remarks, which I'll remember before the next time I think about doing something considerate.

thinking at all before posting, even uncharitable thoughts, would be an improvement.

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Rejected. Not even a fucking wait list. FUCLA

Mosca

Postby Mosca » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm

LvingLegend wrote:Rejected. Not even a fucking wait list. FUCLA

:shock: That is very surprising that they would reject a 170+ this early.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Wow shocking! With a 172? That's a huge bummer, but you're going to have great options this cycle. Good luck!

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm

ED to UVA?

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:40 pm

rondemarino wrote:

ED to UVA?

doesn't the file need to be complete by the 15th?

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

LvingLegend wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

ED to UVA?

I assume you have a P.S done, have taken the LSAT and have recs in, right?

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:46 pm

rondemarino wrote:
LvingLegend wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

ED to UVA?

I assume you have a P.S done, have taken the LSAT and have recs in, right?

Yea. But it takes a couple days for LSAC to send the information and the certification letter would take a couple days getting there.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 pm

LvingLegend wrote:Yea. But it takes a couple days for LSAC to send the information and the certification letter would take a couple days getting there.

I guess the worst that happens is you don't get in ED?

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 pm

how does UCLA send out decisions (acceptances and rejections)??? snail mail or email?

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

SanBun wrote:how does UCLA send out decisions (acceptances and rejections)??? snail mail or email?

AND: do they have a status checker??

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”