UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
iheartucla

Re: UCLA?

Postby iheartucla » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:35 pm

jay115 wrote:
Jacques wrote:
jay115 wrote:
iheartucla wrote:Ahhhh waiting in limbo for a decision could be the worst experience of my life
I'm sure I wont be accepted with my crappy LSAT but I just NEED to know!!!!!!

yeah me too...for all ED ppl with numbers significantly higher than mine that have been waitlisted/rejected, i just wish they'd get it over and tell me a decision =(

Is that 10/19 Complete date accurate?

unfortunately yes. 1 and 3/4 months waiting on an ED decision...

wow your pain is even worse then mine
got my first acceptance today though :) made me feel better for 5 minutes- and then I started thinking about how I dont really want to go anywhere but UCLA- and that I have finals next week fml

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:36 pm

iheartucla wrote:wow your pain is even worse then mine
got my first acceptance today though :) made me feel better for 5 minutes- and then I started thinking about how I dont really want to go anywhere but UCLA- and that I have finals next week fml

Congrats, where at?

iheartucla

Postby iheartucla » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Inygma wrote:

Congrats, where at?

Just Georgia- should be getting letter in the mail today hopefully got some $$$ it was a safety school for me, I was surprised though they sent me the status checker email today, I checked it and I was in....if only they all decided in less then two weeks!!!!

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:47 pm

iheartucla wrote:
Inygma wrote:

Congrats, where at?

Just Georgia- should be getting letter in the mail today hopefully got some $$$ it was a safety school for me, I was surprised though they sent me the status checker email today, I checked it and I was in....if only they all decided in less then two weeks!!!!

Seriously, I was accepted at my backup (USD) a week after I went complete, about 2-3 weeks since I sent in my app.

jay115

Postby jay115 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Inygma wrote:
iheartucla wrote:
Inygma wrote:

Congrats, where at?

Seriously, I was accepted at my backup (USD) a week after I went complete, about 2-3 weeks since I sent in my app.

yeah im in at bu - so at least we all know we're going to a law school...

iheartucla

Postby iheartucla » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:35 pm

ahhh why is there no movement today?!?!?!?!? Nothing on LSN, nothing here, UCLA just get it over with and put me out of my misery!!!

I asked the people in the office of my apt, when the mail comes and they said usually between 3 and 4- the mail person works on their own schedule, it is not acceptable to deliver the mail at 4pm, wtf? Can I pay the taxes that pay your salary on my own schedule?!?!

jayausi

Postby jayausi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:40 pm

iheartucla wrote:ahhh why is there no movement today?!?!?!?!? Nothing on LSN, nothing here, UCLA just get it over with and put me out of my misery!!!

I asked the people in the office of my apt, when the mail comes and they said usually between 3 and 4- the mail person works on their own schedule, it is not acceptable to deliver the mail at 4pm, wtf? Can I pay the taxes that pay your salary on my own schedule?!?!

I really hope I don't end up in class with you

iheartucla

Postby iheartucla » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:50 pm

jayausi wrote:
iheartucla wrote:ahhh why is there no movement today?!?!?!?!? Nothing on LSN, nothing here, UCLA just get it over with and put me out of my misery!!!

I really hope I don't end up in class with you

pish, if you cant take this mild freaking out, have fun dealing with your classmates during finals week next year

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 pm

In at UCLA RD . . . I have a 164 and am non-URM

I normally don't mention stuff like that, I only do it now to give a little hope to those of us in the low 160's . . . you don't need a 170+ to get into an awesome school. Good luck everyone!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:37 pm

amputatedbrain wrote:In at UCLA RD . . . I have a 164 and am non-URM

I normally don't mention stuff like that, I only do it now to give a little hope to those of us in the low 160's . . . you don't need a 170+ to get into an awesome school. Good luck everyone!

congrats!! how did you hear?

iheartucla

Postby iheartucla » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:37 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Veritas wrote:

congrats!! how did you hear?

I actually heard by phone call early on, and just go the official packet in the mail . . . I have a few interesting softs, but I didn't start a Fortune 500 company or anything like that . . . just did my best to write really good essays and what not. I just see a lot of people losing their shit cause they didn't hit 170 and think they won't get into anywhere like UCLA . . .it does happen, I'm living proof . . . I know it helped my nerves to look at LSN and see other people with lower scores getting accepted, so I thought I would spread that love a little bit

regatsrj

Postby regatsrj » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 pm

In! I'm shocked, my app just went complete last week. Very excited to get the call! It's my first acceptance!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:15 pm

regatsrj wrote:In! I'm shocked, my app just went complete last week. Very excited to get the call! It's my first acceptance!

It was my first acceptance as well...such a lovely feeling. Like first love. :D

davidicus

Postby davidicus » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Just got a call from Dean Schwartz - I'm in!

tintin

Postby tintin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm

congrats guys!!!

are they only doing acceptances via phonecall now?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 pm

congrats!! (call me!)

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Veritas wrote:congrats!! (call me!)

+bunches and bunches.

annabell

Postby annabell » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Do you think it is too late to apply to UCLA? I have numbers in their range; I'd initially decided not to apply to West Coast schools, but I'm having a change of heart and could totally see myself in California. Is an application this late in the game a lost cause?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Veritas wrote:congrats!! (call me!)

+bunches and bunches.

your tar :oops:

panadera

Postby panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 pm

Missed a call from them.... asked me to call back... he is on the other line.... having a hard time typing out of (what I hope isn't unfounded) excitement....

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 pm

kpd-m wrote:Missed a call from them.... asked me to call back... he is on the other line.... having a hard time typing out of (what I hope isn't unfounded) excitement....

omg omg omg

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:11 pm

annabell wrote:Do you think it is too late to apply to UCLA? I have numbers in their range; I'd initially decided not to apply to West Coast schools, but I'm having a change of heart and could totally see myself in California. Is an application this late in the game a lost cause?

The majority of applications are just about to begin to be sumbitted.

hopefulincal

Postby hopefulincal » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:12 pm

So it looks like they are back to reviewing the RD candidates?

amputatedbrain, when did you go complete?

terpette

Postby terpette » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:13 pm

iheartucla wrote:
Inygma wrote:

Congrats, where at?

ditto! what are your stats (sorry if you posted this already...I just saw your post and wanted to comment!)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”