UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby rondemarino » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Oy. dltripledouble's news sure killed my high :(

At least its the weekend.

EDIT: dltripledouble: if your numbers are slightly fudged to protect your anonymity, can you PM me you actual numbers?

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby Inygma » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm

Rejected, no surprise

163/3.71
Last edited by Inygma on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:26 pm

got rejected too guys received the mail today.

3.1//168

GL to the rest of you guys!

User avatar
Slansky
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby Slansky » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:28 pm

I am freaking out more every day over this. I really need to hear from someone--UCLA in particular. I know my numbers are pretty good for them, but I have crap for softs and I'm paranoid that I messed up the application somehow. The only place I've been accepted is USD and that's the last place I want to go.... augh, and now it's the weekend and I have no chance of hearing, except by mail!
:shock:

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby jay115 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Inygma wrote:Rejected, no suprise

163/3.71


:(
Last edited by jay115 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby cougarlive » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Inygma and Finalaspects--sorry to hear that. Did you apply ED?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby finalaspects » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:03 am

cougarlive wrote:Inygma and Finalaspects--sorry to hear that. Did you apply ED?


yes both of us were ED

User avatar
jgulia45
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby jgulia45 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:03 am

unfortunately for all those waiting...they haven't accepted anybody ED (that we know of since 11/23).

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby rondemarino » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 am

finalaspects wrote:
cougarlive wrote:Inygma and Finalaspects--sorry to hear that. Did you apply ED?


yes both of us were ED


Oh man, that totally sucks. Sorry.

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby rondemarino » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:32 am

Slansky wrote:I am freaking out more every day over this. I really need to hear from someone--UCLA in particular. I know my numbers are pretty good for them, but I have crap for softs and I'm paranoid that I messed up the application somehow. The only place I've been accepted is USD and that's the last place I want to go.... augh, and now it's the weekend and I have no chance of hearing, except by mail!
:shock:


I'd go enjoy December nights in Balboa Park right now. Even if you don't get UCLA, I'm sure you'll get into an awesome school with those numbers.

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby jay115 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:15 am

jgulia45 wrote:unfortunately for all those waiting...they haven't accepted anybody ED (that we know of since 11/23).


joy

NiGhTHaWk830
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby NiGhTHaWk830 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

I was waitlisted via e-mail.

ED, 3.28/169, currrent UCLA UG.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby msch0i » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:31 pm

For all of you who are still waiting..good luck! ...while all of us WLers writhe in agony til July :x

Just wondering...do any of you know of any waitlisters in the past that have gotten accepted before the May 1 deposit deadline? I've heard of one person being accepted in March...but have no real way of verifying it.

Tofu
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby Tofu » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Vegas_Rebel wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
Vegas_Rebel wrote:
rondemarino wrote:^^ Huh?


Just a convoluted way of saying I think UCLA is too far down the rankings to jump that much, given the number of applicants.


Um.... its easier to move medians at lower scores because there are more people at those levels. Its a bell curve. Its easier for UCLA to move medians than it is for CCN. Look at the change in percentiles between individual scores.


Certainly, but not that many more. That's why I did some hand waving with numbers. Lemme break it down a bit more:

Assume 100,000 people took the LSAT for the sake of simplicity.

178-180 = 99.9%, That'd mean about 100 people have scores in that range.
176-177 = 99.8%, So there's another 100.
175 = 99.7%. Adds another 100.
174 = 99.5% Adds 200 more.
173 = 99.3% Adds 200 more.
172 = 99% Adds 300 more.
171 = 98.5% Adds 500 more.
170 = 98.1% Adds 400 more.

So, in total, from 170-180 there are about 1900 people total.

Assuming every LSAT score goes to the best school with room available:

Yale takes 200.
Harvard takes 500.
Stanford takes 200.
Columbia takes 400.
NYU takes 450.
UC Berkeley takes 250.

We're actually 100 people over, and we've only filled the T6.

Back to the pool:
169 adds 600.

Chicago takes 200.
Penn takes 250.
Michigan takes 350.

We're over again, and we've only filled two more schools and some of Michigan.

Unless significantly more than 100k people took the LSAT (like double) UCLA will get some significant numbers that self select there, but they're not making that jump.

Edit: I couldn't type and read at the same time. If 200k is a more realistic estimate of total test takers, maybe it's possible. It'd be close though. I'll stand corrected.


wouldn't chicago be in the T6 as well (at least before berkeley)?

User avatar
Vegas_Rebel
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:18 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby Vegas_Rebel » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Tofu wrote:wouldn't chicago be in the T6 as well (at least before berkeley)?


USNWR has Chicago tied with Berkeley for 6th. Berkeley was listed first, so I just placed their students first. It could go either way.

oolala
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby oolala » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 am

submitted 11/1, receipt email 11/2, and no more emails since then. no emails saying my app is complete or missing something, etc.

should i be worried? :roll:

p.s. i'm an ED (not a high profile candidate tho. . . )

User avatar
jgulia45
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby jgulia45 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:34 am

oolala wrote:submitted 11/1, receipt email 11/2, and no more emails since then. no emails saying my app is complete or missing something, etc.

should i be worried? :roll:

p.s. i'm an ED (not a high profile candidate tho. . . )


i would call because i got a complete e-mail about 10 days after receipt email...

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby galahad85 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:38 am

jgulia45 wrote:
oolala wrote:submitted 11/1, receipt email 11/2, and no more emails since then. no emails saying my app is complete or missing something, etc.

should i be worried? :roll:

p.s. i'm an ED (not a high profile candidate tho. . . )


i would call because i got a complete e-mail about 10 days after receipt email...


I didn't get my complete email until 18 days after the receipt email. They can just be slow sometimes.

oolala
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby oolala » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:44 am

galahad85 wrote:
jgulia45 wrote:
oolala wrote:submitted 11/1, receipt email 11/2, and no more emails since then. no emails saying my app is complete or missing something, etc.

should i be worried? :roll:

p.s. i'm an ED (not a high profile candidate tho. . . )


i would call because i got a complete e-mail about 10 days after receipt email...


I didn't get my complete email until 18 days after the receipt email. They can just be slow sometimes.


thanks guys- i will prolly call them tomorrow.

ilovelawapps
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby ilovelawapps » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:57 am

dltripledouble wrote:Got the waitlist email today. :(
Applied ED. 169 LSAT and 3.39 GPA. Engineering major.

Good luck everyone!


Sorry to hear that, hope it works out for you. Doesn't anyone think this is a little surprising? Sure the gpa is lowish, but it IS engineering.

iheartucla
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby iheartucla » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Ahhhh waiting in limbo for a decision could be the worst experience of my life
I'm sure I wont be accepted with my crappy LSAT but I just NEED to know!!!!!!

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby wired » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:25 pm

dltripledouble wrote:Got the waitlist email today. :(
Applied ED. 169 LSAT and 3.39 GPA. Engineering major.

Good luck everyone!


Oh wow. I have near identical numbers (my gpa is within .05) and the same LSAT. I will expect my rejection letter in the very near future. (Not ED.)

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby jay115 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:38 pm

iheartucla wrote:Ahhhh waiting in limbo for a decision could be the worst experience of my life
I'm sure I wont be accepted with my crappy LSAT but I just NEED to know!!!!!!


yeah me too.
Last edited by jay115 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jacques
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby Jacques » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:41 pm

jay115 wrote:
iheartucla wrote:Ahhhh waiting in limbo for a decision could be the worst experience of my life
I'm sure I wont be accepted with my crappy LSAT but I just NEED to know!!!!!!


yeah me too...for all ED ppl with numbers significantly higher than mine that have been waitlisted/rejected, i just wish they'd get it over and tell me a decision =(


Is that 10/19 Complete date accurate?

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby jay115 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Jacques wrote:
jay115 wrote:
iheartucla wrote:Ahhhh waiting in limbo for a decision could be the worst experience of my life
I'm sure I wont be accepted with my crappy LSAT but I just NEED to know!!!!!!


yeah me too...for all ED ppl with numbers significantly higher than mine that have been waitlisted/rejected, i just wish they'd get it over and tell me a decision =(


Is that 10/19 Complete date accurate?


:(
Last edited by jay115 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests