UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mosca

Re: UCLA?

Postby Mosca » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Last edited by Mosca on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:06 pm

rondemarino wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
finalaspects wrote:hey rondemarino,

you checking your emails just like i am? watch i just have a rejection letter in my mailbox at home instead..

Yeah, but not obsessively. Worst case, I'll have to accept splitter love from the lower T14 or WUSTL. I'm ok with either.

You're probably an auto-admit at WUSTL and have a shot at USC. Not exactly bad options.

lol too bad i didn't apply to WUSTL.... :(

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

you checking your emails just like i am? watch i just have a rejection letter in my mailbox at home instead..

Yeah, but not obsessively. Worst case, I'll have to accept splitter love from the lower T14 or WUSTL. I'm ok with either.

You're probably an auto-admit at WUSTL and have a shot at USC. Not exactly bad options.

Did you just respond to yourself?

sonofabitch. I was trying to respond to finalaspects.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:06 pm

finalaspects wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

The deadline is in February.

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

Did you just respond to yourself?

haha...no, having problems with HTML and trying to quote someone who has quoted someone else that's all.

edit: And apparently having problems with seeing who you were referring to.
Last edited by cougarlive on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Mosca wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

:lol:. Are you trying to reassure yourself or finalaspects?

Both of you.

hellogoodbye1

Postby hellogoodbye1 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm

cougarlive wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
No. The best s/he can do is take LSAT, score a 169.

Yeah--if s/he can get a school to give them permission to retake the lsat for feb, and find a way to score 7 points higher than they have ever scored (on an actual exam) after sitting for the LSAT 3 times--than you are right. Might as well make it a 170 though. :wink:
Last edited by hellogoodbye1 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:09 pm

hellogoodbye1 wrote:
cougarlive wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

Yeah--if s/he can get a school to give them permission to retake the lsat for feb, and find a way to score 7 points higher than they have ever scored (on an actual exam) after sitting for the LSAT 3 times--than you are right. Might as well make it a 170 though. :wink:

you are a mean person.

I don't think the comment was offered in malice, or at least as a shot to you. It was directed at me.

Mosca

Postby Mosca » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Last edited by Mosca on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:13 pm

rondemarino wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

How is the employment prospects for CA from WUSTL?

I applied to schools that i know have fairly good prospects in CA.

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 pm

hellogoodbye1 wrote:
cougarlive wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

you are a mean person.

????

Not really sure what I said that was mean, other than what you yourself have already said about retaking:

"i'm not even sure if i should. i get ridiculously nervous before every test and bomb the first section every time."

Now, as I said before, it's up to you whether or not you should retake it. I wasn't trying to tell you either way. As a someone who has been put on UCLA's wait list, I know what you're going through. I genuinely hope things turn out better for you than they did for me.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:16 pm

finalaspects wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I would not go to WUSTL expecting it to take you far in CA.

hellogoodbye1

Postby hellogoodbye1 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:20 pm

cougarlive wrote:
hellogoodbye1 wrote:
cougarlive wrote:
rondemarino wrote:

you are a mean person.

????

Not really sure what I said that was mean, other than what you yourself have already said about retaking:

"i'm not even sure if i should. i get ridiculously nervous before every test and bomb the first section every time."

Now, as I said before, it's up to you whether or not you should retake it. I wasn't trying to tell you either way. As a someone who has been put on UCLA's wait list, I know what you're going through. I genuinely hope things turn out better for you than they did for me.
Last edited by hellogoodbye1 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I would not go to WUSTL expecting it to take you far in CA.

This is probably true. I'm looking to do IP and already have a couple of years experience as a patent agent in EE in SoCal. I think I can make WUSTL work. No sure what finalaspects' career focus is.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Ok. What is with all the low GPAs (low relative to Boalt in year's past) making into Boalt this year? (link) Maybe I should apply.....

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 pm

rondemarino wrote:Ok. What is with all the low GPAs (low relative to Boalt in year's past) making into Boalt this year? (link) Maybe I should apply.....

Don't you have a good GPA or something?

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
rondemarino wrote:Ok. What is with all the low GPAs (low relative to Boalt in year's past) making into Boalt this year? (link) Maybe I should apply.....

I have your GPA.

EDIT: Yeah its probably still too low :(
Last edited by rondemarino on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 pm

hellogoodbye1 wrote:haha i'm sorry for calling you mean. as you know, i'm just stressed.

No problem. Keep us posted!

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 pm

:shock:

wtf, somebody with my LSAT but a lower GPA has gotten in, holy crap. I thought my ~3.5 GPA was basically an auto-reject; didn't even bother to apply.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:30 pm

rondemarino wrote:This is probably true. I'm looking to do IP and already have a couple of years experience as a patent agent in EE in SoCal. I think I can make WUSTL work. No sure what finalaspects' career focus is.

More so then focus, i would want to work in CA more than anything else.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

rondemarino wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:

I have your GPA.

I share that :( for our mutually horrific GPA (at least when it comes to law school, not really anywhere else)

It's a bit annoying being locked out of Columbia, NYU, and Berk at the top, having similar if not worse chances at UCLA or USC as the mid T14, and then dropping down to Fordham for anything else in NYC or Cali.
Last edited by MC Southstar on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

wtf, somebody with my LSAT but a lower GPA has gotten in, holy crap. I thought my ~3.5 GPA was basically an auto-reject; didn't even bother to apply.

Would you want to go to school in hippie central? Maybe people with high LSAT scores are more likely to pay Berkeley's ridiculous tuition rates?

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:

I have your GPA.

I share that :( for our mutually horrific GPA (at least when it comes to law school, not really anywhere else)

say wha?

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:35 pm

rondemarino wrote:say wha?

It's hardly a terrible GPA if you're trying to find a job in our respective fields or get a decent graduate degree.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:36 pm

rondemarino wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Would you want to go to school in hippie central? Maybe people with high LSAT scores are more likely to pay Berkeley's ridiculous tuition rates?

Ugh, I forgot about the ballooning tuition, what is it, like $60k/yr in a few years? I guess if I somehow get shut out of the T14, it would be an attractive option. From what I know, the hippie/normal people ratio is lower in the law school than UCB gen pop, so I might be able to stand it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”