UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby soccersmo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Every1SuxButMe wrote:some people have received phone calls and others via snail mail. a buddy of mine also received his through snail mail and we are both in Los Angeles. He doesn't use TLS or LSN, a lot of my friends don't. But I'm new to this, gluck. Look me up on LSN EVERY1SUXBUTME!!! Lol the login ID is from a cartoon show.


you are giving me hope, similar stats :)
I'm literally freaking out... every day is worse...

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby tintin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:36 pm

any phonecalls today?

User avatar
jgulia45
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby jgulia45 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 pm

soccersmo wrote:
Every1SuxButMe wrote:some people have received phone calls and others via snail mail. a buddy of mine also received his through snail mail and we are both in Los Angeles. He doesn't use TLS or LSN, a lot of my friends don't. But I'm new to this, gluck. Look me up on LSN EVERY1SUXBUTME!!! Lol the login ID is from a cartoon show.


you are giving me hope, similar stats :)
I'm literally freaking out... every day is worse...


THIS!

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby cougit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:10 pm

From what I've noticed phone calls don't seem to go out until about 4 pm pst... Which is 7 est. :( for those in the east.

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby parker09 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:16 pm

did anyone who already got in NOT write the "distinctive programmatic contribution" essay? i didnt realize when i applied that its basically a "why ucla"...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby Veritas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:19 pm

parker09 wrote:did anyone who already got in NOT write the "distinctive programmatic contribution" essay? i didnt realize when i applied that its basically a "why ucla"...

I did write it, but only because UCLA is a reach for me. If it's a target, I don't think it's as important. Plus, it's less of a "why ucla?" - I think you really need to make a connection to a specific program and share why your skills would add to that program, not just how much you love UCLA and such. So, if writing it would seem insincere, I don't think it would be a good idea.

User avatar
jgulia45
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby jgulia45 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:19 pm

parker09 wrote:did anyone who already got in NOT write the "distinctive programmatic contribution" essay? i didnt realize when i applied that its basically a "why ucla"...


It's not...distinctive programmatic contribution is VERY different. They already know their program is great. They want to know why you think you would add value not why you think their program is great.

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby rondemarino » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 pm

A 167/3.46 got in this early. Weird.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby Veritas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 pm

rondemarino wrote:A 167/3.46 got in this early. Weird.

urm?

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby rondemarino » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:23 pm

Veritas wrote:
rondemarino wrote:A 167/3.46 got in this early. Weird.

urm?


You'd think so, but I think its a case of someone maybe averaging their LSAT score. I actually did the same even though schools are likely to use the highest. I know hopefulundergrad did something similar. He has a 172, but is listed as a 168.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby finalaspects » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:24 pm

rondemarino wrote:A 167/3.46 got in this early. Weird.


What do you think this implies using your best judgment? are they playing the numbers game??? or did this guy just have great softs?

User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby soccersmo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Veritas wrote:
rondemarino wrote:A 167/3.46 got in this early. Weird.

urm?


doesnt say urm on the account... amazing softs/lor/we??
or forgot to put urm haha...
hopefully the second, because that instills hope... I feel like with all these amazing 170+ scores I stand no chance with the 167 and average GPA... UCLA why wont you just love me as much as I love you???

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby crackberry » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:26 pm

parker09 wrote:did anyone who already got in NOT write the "distinctive programmatic contribution" essay? i didnt realize when i applied that its basically a "why ucla"...

I did not write anything in that space and was accepted about three weeks ago (with a hefty scholarship).

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby ViP » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:28 pm

finalaspects wrote:
rondemarino wrote:A 167/3.46 got in this early. Weird.


What do you think this implies using your best judgment? are they playing the numbers game??? or did this guy just have great softs?


A friend of mine applied to UCLA ED last year and was dinged with a 167/3.5. Not even a WL.

I would assume this 167/3.46 applicant has a compelling personal statement/LORs.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby Veritas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:30 pm

ViP wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
rondemarino wrote:A 167/3.46 got in this early. Weird.


What do you think this implies using your best judgment? are they playing the numbers game??? or did this guy just have great softs?


A friend of mine applied to UCLA ED last year and was dinged with a 167/3.5. Not even a WL.

I would assume this 167/3.46 applicant has a compelling personal statement/LORs.

that 3.46 is low though, for them. I bet it's either a fudged stat or urm.

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby rondemarino » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:30 pm

BTW, UCLA EDers, we're probably going to be waiting till December, like last year, for decisions.

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby parker09 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:30 pm

crackberry wrote:
parker09 wrote:did anyone who already got in NOT write the "distinctive programmatic contribution" essay? i didnt realize when i applied that its basically a "why ucla"...

I did not write anything in that space and was accepted about three weeks ago (with a hefty scholarship).


whew.

though, i think people who applied after i did and/or have lower scores have been accepted already... so... hmm. oh... well...

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby ViP » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:31 pm

rondemarino wrote:BTW, UCLA EDers, we're probably going to be waiting till December, like last year, for decisions.


Agreed.

User avatar
jgulia45
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby jgulia45 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:39 pm

rondemarino wrote:BTW, UCLA EDers, we're probably going to be waiting till December, like last year, for decisions.


People who were accepted applied abnormally later than all of us. All rejected or waitlist were December but there were only 3 that applied and were accepted on LSN and they applied later in cycle than most.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby panadera » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Veritas wrote:
ViP wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
rondemarino wrote:A 167/3.46 got in this early. Weird.


What do you think this implies using your best judgment? are they playing the numbers game??? or did this guy just have great softs?


A friend of mine applied to UCLA ED last year and was dinged with a 167/3.5. Not even a WL.

I would assume this 167/3.46 applicant has a compelling personal statement/LORs.

that 3.46 is low though, for them. I bet it's either a fudged stat or urm.


He has an account here now. He wrote about his acceptance 2 or so pages ago. Someone could ask him what his softs were or something...

Also, just checked my mail. Nothing. :(

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby finalaspects » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:44 pm

kpd-m wrote:
He has an account here now. He wrote about his acceptance 2 or so pages ago. Someone could ask him what his softs were or something...

Also, just checked my mail. Nothing. :(


He has an account on LSN as well.

"Strong softs.
2 years work experience for circuit judge.
Strong LOR's from distinguished politicians.
Overcame a lot of unusual circumstances. "

Pasted from his profile on LSN.

User avatar
jgulia45
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby jgulia45 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:45 pm

kpd-m wrote:
He has an account here now. He wrote about his acceptance 2 or so pages ago. Someone could ask him what his softs were or something...

Also, just checked my mail. Nothing. :(


when did you go complete? stats?

alm2127
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby alm2127 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:46 pm

yeah and the 167/3.41 apparently got into texas out of state with those numbers too...(and wrote on my LSN wall to highlight that i got rejected with 4 points high lsat:/) must have really really good softs or are fake stats. he's not urm, at least according to lsn, but is in-state for ucla though i'm not sure how big of a difference that makes.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UCLA?

Postby 02082010 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:48 pm

I'll be getting WL'ed in Feb. Looking forward to it :|

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UCLA?

Postby finalaspects » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:48 pm

alm2127 wrote:yeah and the 167/3.41 apparently got into texas out of state with those numbers too...(and wrote on my LSN wall to highlight that i got rejected with 4 points high lsat:/) must have really really good softs or are fake stats. he's not urm, at least according to lsn, but is in-state for ucla though i'm not sure how big of a difference that makes.


"Strong softs.
2 years work experience for circuit judge.
Strong LOR's from distinguished politicians.
Overcame a lot of unusual circumstances. "

Pasted from his profile on LSN.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, sonyco and 9 guests