UCLA?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jrugg88

Re: UCLA?

Postby Jrugg88 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Will be withdrawing shortly. Good luck to all!
Last edited by Jrugg88 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weee

Postby weee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Withdrawn, 1 seat and $75k back into the pot. Good luck to those still waiting, I told Dean Schwartz to give my package to one of yall!

Have fun at duke

autarkh

Postby autarkh » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:10 pm

It seems that there hasn't been any real movement since early last week. I wonder if they're holding apps until the deposit deadline.

alexanderrayhammond

Postby alexanderrayhammond » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:50 pm

man...you all have this law school thing down to a science!

weee

Postby weee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:52 pm

There's still movement

http://ucla.lawschoolnumbers.com/applic ... order=desc

just not so much reported on TLS I suppose

hoyas2010

Postby hoyas2010 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for the class of 2013??

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:32 pm

^ the UCLA Class of 2013 thread might know better:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=96780.

ogurty

Postby ogurty » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Last edited by ogurty on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschoolmike

Postby lawschoolmike » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 pm

went complete late January. No word other than the "complete email." Is it possible they have not even looked at my file? Or do they run a preliminary scan through all files for auto admits and rejections?

autarkh

Postby autarkh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 am

They don't use pure rolling admissions, so there has to be some sorting and preliminary reviewing going on. My guess is that not having received a decision by now probably indicates a de-facto hold.

siaynoqq

Postby siaynoqq » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 pm

They don't use pure rolling admissions, so there has to be some sorting and preliminary reviewing going on. My guess is that not having received a decision by now probably indicates a de-facto hold.

What exactly does this mean? I've been complete since January and haven't heard back either, and probably have WL numbers. Do they not want to stick you on a WL because they're considering admitting you? I don't see it being a flat out rejection, as I got WLed with a lower LSAT in last year's cycle.

autarkh

Postby autarkh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 pm

siaynoqq wrote:

What exactly does this mean? I've been complete since January and haven't heard back either, and probably have WL numbers. Do they not want to stick you on a WL because they're considering admitting you? I don't see it being a flat out rejection, as I got WLed with a lower LSAT in last year's cycle.

That's my chosen interpretation. Self-serving and hopelessly naive as it may be. :mrgreen:

siaynoqq

Postby siaynoqq » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm

autarkh wrote:
siaynoqq wrote:

That's my chosen interpretation. Self-serving and hopelessly naive as it may be. :mrgreen:

Would you mind sharing your numbers? You can PM me if you'd like.

autarkh

Postby autarkh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:56 pm

siaynoqq wrote:Would you mind sharing your numbers? You can PM me if you'd like.

Just did.

dreamweaver87

Postby dreamweaver87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:19 pm

roundabout wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
roundabout wrote:I know this is seriously annoying, but I can't find it elsewhere in the thread or searching- can anyone explain or link me to info about the tuition increases? Only thing I could find was a 2007 article. Thanks in advance!

http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/regents/regmeet/nov09/f2.pdf

Great, thanks very much.

So I was just looking at the state residency requirements- here, under the "intent" to settle in CA section, it lists licensing for professional practice in CA. Does that mean you'd have to take the bar in CA?
--LinkRemoved--

This is late, but I'm wondering the same thing.

Kase Law

Postby Kase Law » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:17 pm

OMG!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CALL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I GOT IN. I did not expect this in a million years. I already accepted another school because I did not expect this at all.

And I found out today that I am valedictorian.

And I am on my way to stagecoach.

TODAY IS CRAZY!!!!!

SaraLA

Postby SaraLA » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Kase Law wrote:OMG!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CALL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I GOT IN. I did not expect this in a million years. I already accepted another school because I did not expect this at all.

TODAY IS CRAZY!!!!!

Hey congratulations!!! So... are you coming to UCLA??

edit: Kase: I replied to your PM, but it is sitting in my outbox... did you get it?

Kase Law

Postby Kase Law » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:16 pm

SaraLA wrote:
Kase Law wrote:OMG!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CALL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I GOT IN. I did not expect this in a million years. I already accepted another school because I did not expect this at all.

TODAY IS CRAZY!!!!!

Hey congratulations!!! So... are you coming to UCLA??

edit: Kase: I replied to your PM, but it is sitting in my outbox... did you get it?

yes I did :) .... thanks. i can't imagine turning it down, so probably :)

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:44 pm

TODAY IS CRAZY!!!!!

Congrats!! Sorry if you've already said this, but what are your stats and when did you go complete?

Kase Law

Postby Kase Law » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:50 am

NervousInKC wrote:

TODAY IS CRAZY!!!!!

Congrats!! Sorry if you've already said this, but what are your stats and when did you go complete?

mmmadeli

Postby mmmadeli » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Kase Law wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:

TODAY IS CRAZY!!!!!

holy splitter, batman. That's awesome!

legalease9

Postby legalease9 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Some of you may want to call UCLA. I called them on Friday, and they said that the decision was made early in the week but that they forgot to email me. So they will email me on Monday.

jman77

Postby jman77 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:02 pm

legalease9 wrote:Some of you may want to call UCLA. I called them on Friday, and they said that the decision was made early in the week but that they forgot to email me. So they will email me on Monday.

Not to be a party pooper... but doesn't e-mail typically mean bad news, i.e., WL/reject?

legalease9

Postby legalease9 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:14 pm

jman77 wrote:
legalease9 wrote:Some of you may want to call UCLA. I called them on Friday, and they said that the decision was made early in the week but that they forgot to email me. So they will email me on Monday.

Not to be a party pooper... but doesn't e-mail typically mean bad news, i.e., WL/reject?

Lol, yeah I posted a question about this and that's what someone else told me. :( But at this point I just wanted to know.

empire84

Postby empire84 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:35 pm

will likely be passing the first seat deposit deadline. this one hurts, but i just don't seem to mesh with LA.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”